1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Lags and framerate drops after update.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Spongeboat, 5 Oct 2017.

1. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. I'll get straight to the point, since the last update the game has become a laggy piece of excrement on my phone.
    I have an S7 edge, before the update my phone can easily maintain 60fps in game, now it frequently dip to 30fps and it's really noticeable when it happens.
    I really like the update, it really give the guild a purpose. But the performance hit can get unbearable at times.
    The lag itself doesn't make any sense to me, since the map and the in-game environment doesn't change, logically the performance should stay the same. The guild update is just adding some features that normally shouldn't have any impact on the performance.

So, any of you guys having the same problem?
    Or, am I alone in this?

2. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

iPad 4 user here, zero problems. Kinda weird since I'm using an (almost) outdated device.

3. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

Yeah, I also can't wrap my head around it.
    I mean s7 edge is a relatively new device with plenty of processing power to handle games like battle bay.
    And the lag just started to appear after the update, before that it's perfectly smooth.

4. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Today, I noticed a little exclamation mark near my clock when I was playing. Just as I was wondering what it was there for, my ship suddenly glitched out and zipped to different position about 10 ship lengths to my right. I assume the exclamation mark had something to do with that (maybe I lost connection).

It wasn’t too critical the first time, but then it happened again later. I’m not sure if the exclamation mark was present the 2nd time, but when my ship reappeared I’d lost half my hp.

I’ve never had any problems like that before. I guess it could be related to the update; though I also updated iOS yesterday too, so it could be that, or it might just be coincidence.

5. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

@Captain Gilligan and I have experienced the same problems with s8. It might be a Samsung problem?

6. med-sestra

med-sestra New Member

Точно у меня так-жэ

7. JustPlainSowad

JustPlainSowad Active Member

Product Manager//Technology Entrepreneur
    I'm using OnePlus and having the problems with lags as well.

8. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

I have an S7 and I seem to drop frames a bit now too. I definitely have a lower FPS when watching a replay back too; quite noticeably.

9. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

I'm running iOS 8.1 on iPhone 6+ which is pretty outdated compared to your samsung phones. But I'm having no framerate drops at all, probably it affects adroids or samsung

10. DizzyBrah

DizzyBrah Member

I am experiencing the same on my Galaxy Note 4.
    Smooth and no problems before the update and now I get some lag most games.

11. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

I have that problem too. :|

12. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

Same here bro. Just happened today. I don't have any network issue.

13. KiloMeda

KiloMeda Member

This happens to me about 1 in 8-10 games. Running on galaxy s6

14. Dams10-12

Dams10-12 New Member

Exactly the same for me... my old S5 was very much good enough before the update, but since I Just cant play and have fun anymore. First I didnt want to beleive it but it lasts and after dropping 700 infamy I looked the forum, I am glas to see this is a real problem !

15. Taik

Taik New Member

I hace the same problem! I cant play ! Laaaaag!:mad: