1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The 50% Rule

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Carl2801, 5 Oct 2017.

1. Carl2801

Carl2801 New Member

So I’ve been randomly checking people’s stats and it is amazing how everyone’s win-loss ratio all seems to hover right around 50%. Is that some sort of never seem before freak happening or have the Developers someone managed to “rig” the game.

2. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Mines like 70

3. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

" Rigged"

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

This guy is very misinformed. So are half the people on the forums

It's not rigged. ANY game EVER will have a 50% win ratio if you are playing at your proper level.
    If you are winning more than half your games, you are climbing the ranks because you are better than everyone you are playing against. If you are losing more, you should be dropping because you aren't good enough (or geared) to be playing at that level.

If you are the same skill and/or geared as your opponents, you will only ever win half your matches statistically. This is not programming, this is not matchmaking or devs decisions, this is the fact of how the world of multiplayer games works. Stop spreading false facts people.

Last edited: 5 Oct 2017
  5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

The game puts everyone at 50% so players who aren't so good can also have a 50%. Chances are you could have a 30% wins per battle so I wouldn't be complaining.

There are some games where matchmaking completely fucks you but it can't always be perfect

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  6. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

The game doesn't put you anywhere except against a similar infamy bunch of players.

I had a 65% win rate when I first started playing, and for over a month until I was playing people who were a decent challenge.

Spinners71 likes this.
  7. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

This. THISSSSS

8. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

What I can confirm: it is not rigged ;)

What retry essential said is a good rule of thumb.

Spinners71 and retryW like this.
  9. SirCornedBeef

SirCornedBeef Developer

If you want to know more on matchmaking foundations in general you can read up on how in 1 vs 1 scenarios a score is calculated in chess: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system.
    Mind you this is an analogy and not how infamy works Battle Bay.

10. Carl2801

Carl2801 New Member

So it’s so easy to say that if you are a better player you will move up the ranks but that doesn’t take into effect that (a) no matter how good a player you are you are still only 1/5 of a team and you can only do so much (b) and if that is the case then why are 75%of the battles either won or lost 5-0.

I’ve given up trying to actually go anywhere with this game and am jut trying to enjoy playing without any real motivation. It will quickly become boring and time to move on.

Vile Kyle likes this.
  11. HectorBarbossa

HectorBarbossa Member

Engineering Data Analyst
    So, 10 times lost in a row is a normal? I feel tired already with the game because of matchmaking, but my friend’s keep asking me to play it.

Last edited: 20 Nov 2017
  12. Earel

Earel Active Member

You can't get more than 50% wins becouse u always get rect by stronger enemy... u are blocked by level and ships level also...
    if balancing system will be based on the lvl of ships , u could get more than 50%... but in this game it's impossible ...
    50% wins - it's price for game balance

13. Dirtylegs

Dirtylegs Member

What’s with people necroing dead threads all of a sudden? Halloween was over a while ago you know.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. Vile Kyle

Vile Kyle Member

Amen

15. Vile Kyle

Vile Kyle Member

Cuz the update brought out things that were lacking and members get ripped for creating a new thread.

16. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

oh well, necro it is. The reason you get a lot of 5-0s is because you aren't playing a series of 1v1s. You are playing a team game. Kill an opponent and regroup, if you don't feed your low health allies to the enemies a full 5v4. Guess who is more likely to win the next damage trade. 5v4 is potentially next a 4v4, but more likely a 5v3. I don't see 3, 2, or 1 player more likely than 4 or 5 to get a kill. Its all due to match flow and nothing to do with matchmaker.

What matters is how your actions influence your win rate in the long term, which determines whether you climb or fall, based on your equipment levels.

Spinners71 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  17. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Matchmaking doesn't care about whether you lost 1, 10, or 100 games in a row. It also doesn't care if you have just won 1, 10, or 100 games in a row.
    It will pair you with similar infamy players at every one of those games along the way.
    If your team manages to win or lose, those are statistically independent events... and maybe you got unlucky.

Matchmaking is supposed to give each team a 50% chance of winning. It's supposed to create a "fair" match.
    Like........... flipping a coin.

Is it possible to flip Tails 2x in a row? 10x in a row? Yes. It's even possible to flip 100x in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Even 10x in a row will happen statistically frequently (it's roughly 1 out of 1000 chance).
    With the 10's of thousands of players playing dozens of games each day... yes, this happens to someone almost every day.

So, just like the coin, your 10-game losing streak is nothing to get excited about. If it turns into 30 or 40 in a row... and you're not actively trying to lose... then that would be unique! (but still not impossible)

David Bonaparte likes this.
  18. HectorBarbossa

HectorBarbossa Member

Engineering Data Analyst
    maybe that unique things is on me. I had 15 times win in a row without a single lose, but now my infamy drops from 23xx to 17xx, we were not losing 10 times in a row, there was 1 to 2 wins then lose 3 to 5 times. we were at the same infamy range but I felt we were grouped of losers battle with the winner, they were all playing very good. so hard to complete the guild quest with this condition. is it fair team balancing? only developer knows..
    ————————————————
    Update:
    The matchmaking is already good to maintain the gameplay. I feel bored if I won many times in a row. Thank’s to developer who developed this game. I love it.

Last edited: 23 Nov 2017