1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Speeder setup

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by AverusFrost, 4 Oct 2017.

1. AverusFrost

AverusFrost New Member

I just switched from my mk4 shooter to my mk3 speeder and I'm really having fun with speeder, but i think my current setup is still a bit lacking. Im using a Lvl10 T1 rare Blast and Lvl30 T3 UC Blast/Lvl23 T3 UC OB and Lvl10 T1 Tesla/Lvl10 UC turbo. I have rare ob and turbo but i cannot upgrade them yet. Is it better to use them over them? Also i have 3 rare mines waiting to be upgraded, T2 rare EC and torpedos. Better use my BC's or maybe you guys have a better setup recommendation, that would be awesome. Thanks

2. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

You do know there’s a Class Discussion, right? Well, this belongs there.

3. AverusFrost

AverusFrost New Member

Tried there but no luck lol, so i thought maybe i might get a reply here. Well, im not wrong. Thanks btw

Ultrah likes this.
  4. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Firstly get your speeder to mark 4. Mark 3 doesn't really offers much. Here I will help you out with mark 4 setup.
    Take one blast cannon rare tier 2 recommended. Now here comes variety you can either go for fire plus blast cannon in that case take flare gun also rare tier 2. You can take big torpedo also, so take frost blaster in one yellow slot. You can go with 2 cannons too here you take stun also in case 1 take stun. Second yellow slot is always overboost. Blue slots turbo and bandage all the way.
    Also try different weapons you are comfortable with. Some speeders also rock mortars. Some use sniper cannon. It's up to you which one you can use better.

5. AverusFrost

AverusFrost New Member

Alright! I will try them. Thanks for your recommendation. Appreciate it very much

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  6. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I ran almost exactly the same setup in my mk3. Unfortunatly, you’re a bit limited with your weapon slots, so BC is probably one of the better choices, as it’s about the most damage you can fit into 1 slot. Though I’ve often felt the sniper might help you stay alive a bit longer.

I could see one of the mortars being on mk3. You need to get quite close with the BC to be effective, but speeders don’t have much HP, so it’s nice to have something that can soften enemies up at long range, before you start trading blows. If you run double BC then you’ll be depending a lot on your team to do that (and we all know how that can work out). You’ll definitely apreciate it on maps like chill zone.

I think the yellow items are much of a muchness at lower training. I think OB is a must have. I started to favour the Tesla Bolt over the Tesla Shield, as it has a shorter cooldown, and it just seems a bit easier to stun the person shooting at you, rather than try to block their shots, and potentially get stunned yourself. Frost weapons, I would only take if I had something to combo with them (like a torp).

I did have some success with Frost Blaster to hold targets in place while I drop a grenade on them, and then burn perks on the grenade to give a fire boost the BC. But I didn’t really have good enough perks or talents to consistently get the burn damage (I might come back to it later, as the grenade does good damage).

7. AverusFrost

AverusFrost New Member

Yeah, mk3 is really really limited. I actually wanna try the torp and frost combo but no luck with getting torps myself :(. Thanks btw!

8. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

One thing I will say. Until your tesla bolt is stunning for 6-7 seconds+, it isn't worth using in my opinion. You are far better off running OB and Nitro as the mobility will be your best way of surviving at that level.

At mk4 and 5 either dual blast, Explosive + Blast, flare + blast, or Big Torp + blast are easily the best weapon combos.

If you are rocking Big torp, I found sometimes it was better to use Nitro instead of Frost blaster until mk5 where you can have a 3rd yellow slot, as once again the extra mobility is worth more when you have less utility.
    If you're keen to practise the combo it's still very viable to run ON and frost blaster mk4, and definitely OB, Tesla Bolt, Frost Blaster for mk5 BT setup.

Mk4 I'd suggest Bandage and Turbo. At mk5 it can work too, But Big Shield + turbo makes better use of your slots points.

9. ViscountSniffit

I ran Tesla Bolt for ages <6 seconds. It was partly a labour of love, because I wanted to get good with it, but it’s actually not that bad. When you factor in the global cooldown and aiming, it takes around 5 seconds to fire both your weapons and get back to ‘ready’. If you then fire the Tesla Bolt you only need ~6 seconds to cover you until your first gun is ready again (assuming BC or similar). Also it feels nice to have a third attack, even if it doesn’t directly damage.

I actually lost interest in Nitro after running double nitro and realising just how long the cooldown is, relative to the burst of speed that you get. I saw a mk5 running triple, upgraded, nitros, and it was pretty much impossible to hit. But I think on mk3 where you’re looking at uncommon or t1 rare, the Nitro (to me) seems a bit lacklustre.

10. Shadow Moon!

You need T2R or T3R to make best use of nitro or epics and then put cool down perks on nitro mine is 8.something and always ready to use whenever I need it. Commons and uncommons nitro are pretty much useless.

11. AverusFrost

AverusFrost New Member

I'm actually on a win streak with finding rares, but hell, finding parts to upgrade them is a pain!

12. AverusFrost

AverusFrost New Member

I know that t1 rares are lackluster, and i need to upgrade them ASAP, but is there any easy way to get lots of parts? Other than just buying them

13. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Scrap rares you will definitely never use (if you have an Mk1 FIxer, for example, scrap your healing items) or get lucky in Guild Raffle perhaps. Other than that, grind for gold and pray to RNGesus that parts show up in the store. Or just Pay2Win it. ;)

As far as your initial question of "is an Uncommon Level XX better than Rare Level YY" check out battlebayitems.com for graphs that compare them. I think they're slightly off as of the v2.5 patch but only for a couple items (Sniper, Ballpark Mortar)

The Otherguy likes this.
  14. Shadow Moon!

If you are a f2p player there isn't any easy way you have to grind. I am waiting for my third overboost since stone age and for Big torp too but all I get are mortars and tesla bolt.

15. ViscountSniffit

I’m not sure what your current infamy is, but as you go into higher leagues, you’ll get bigger rewards per battle, so the parts in the shop won’t seem as expensive.

I usually also try to buy all the rare pieces that appear after each refresh, and I’ll spend any extra pearls that I pick up to hurry the shop up when I’m done with it. If you keep doing that. and stick at it, then you’ll accumulate rares at a considerably faster pace.

They’re worth a lot of parts when you scrap them, and you often get epic pieces, so try to be ruthless with what you keep. For a long time, I only had the first two lines in my inventory filled, and half of that was just the rare and epic pieces.

It works. The only rare I haven’t managed to upgrade is my turbo (for some reason RNG loves giving me bandages for my blue pieces, but I’ve got enough of those to get to t5 now, so it’s not too bad). Everything else on my boat is maxed out for my captain level. So it’s really just the training that slows me down. Parts and duplicates haven’t been too much of a problem.

_devill likes this.
  16. AverusFrost

AverusFrost New Member

Alrightttt i'll try to get better at this. Thank you everyone!

17. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    I use on my mk6 speeder frost+torp and carro, overboost, stun, bandage, turbo and big shield. I really like the combo, but it needs a good frost to be effective (and high-level sinklair)

18. Shadow Moon!

How do you adjust the carronade and overboost talents? Could you post your talents here? I don't use carronade but I was just curious.

19. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    These are the talents that I have so far, the rest I will probably go carronade

Attached Files:

20. Shadow Moon!

Tough choices you made.