1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Worse matchmaking

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by s0pm0d, 30 Sep 2017.

1. s0pm0d

s0pm0d New Member

is this just me or everyone else that feels matchmaking are getting worse? I dont know how you rovio guys algorithm but there seems no fairness facing a team within a second wreck ur team... and it happened 8-10 matches in a row.. so horrible when ur friend has a legendary weapon but dies first

2. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I would normally curse(not really tho:p)
    you for making a thread like this,but i dropped from 3187 to 2200(where my rewrds were reduced,because game thinks i m a seal clubber:().There was 13 loss streak with 1 win which bought me down.what i did is to get back to 2500 infamy and reestablished rewards(very luckily found a good fleet partner).I have stopped playing and will take break for a season or so. @Miika @Zeus please check my replays (i dont know if can or not) and see my gameplay the matches i won took me a great pain (sometimes killed unfriend team single handedly,without 0 support from teamates),may be i m doing something wrong idk,but this was very bad experience for me and i m qutting (just playing battles)for a few days,because i dont want my rewards worse again:(.some of my friends also dropped good chuck of infamy,not as severe as me ....

I would never bug developers unnecessarily,but its been to difficult for me these days

Last edited: 30 Sep 2017
    Ultrah, Anand Vamshi and Elena Kr like this.
  3. Procrastinator

Procrastinator Member

So you mean if someone at 2000 miraculously gets a super win streak and jumps to 3000 at then gets thrown back to 2000 where he/she belongs is considered tanking by game ?

Joey who likes this.
  4. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

I dropped to 600 from 900+ infamy yestesterday ( which is huge at my lvl. Can't find a decent guild because of it)
    Had a row of bad teammates( either they sucked but mostly team composition was horrible had mk3 going against 2 Mk4 and 5 and mk2 going against mk5) and at some I was the one who sucked. Was doing consistent 3k+ dmg in most of the matches and still losing.
    I think this happened partly because of the season reset.
    Did start playing today gained in some infamy rn at 720 + infamy.
    So don't quit @Babablacksheep just take a break for a day till season reset pans out.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  5. Babablacksheep

I never did drop to 2000,i never did i reached 3.1 directly from 2.0k.My average infamy was 2.8k where i kept fluctuating.However i dropped(unintentionally) but heavily upto 2.2k
    (Trust me i played a lot after losses,expecting a win,very very big mistake) where my rewards were cut(yes as you said the game considered me a infamy tanker).Luckily i played a good game at chillzone,with a worst team(converted a 3 vs 5 into a win),got req from a guy at 2.8k infamy and i made it to 2.5k
    Where my rewards were reestablished.I stopped playing because i dont wish to be in that reduced rewards condition again.The thing is i dont mind noobs,i dont mind loosing,infamy tankers,etc(not that i m cool with it) but its the reduced awards and guild needing high infamy guys which makes it difficult for me.I wont whine about game and i wont make threads about quitting(there are lots of them),but if this continues i will probably stop playing...and yea if you drop too much(intentional or unintentional) rewards will be compromised,stop playing and take a break if you are on a lose streak

6. Procrastinator

Procrastinator Member

I am not doubting you, I just said a scenario where someone gets a winstreak and gets carried to 3k but couldn't compete cause equipment and drops back to 2k will he be a tanker ?

7. Babablacksheep

Sorry if my words made you think i was turning against you(it was a general comment btw).Even if you have low level weapons,you wont drop at this rate(game takes care of 50% win loss ratio),but as i said when on a losing streak maybe clear your mind and take break.It has never happened to me before,wont happen to you even if you have low level equipment,yes you wont be able to climb high,but there are very few possibility that you would loose as good as 1k infamy(however some of my in game friends have dropped a fair amount as i stated).But if you drop like me,yes be ready for reduced awards.And About win streak,it will be never as good to carry you from 2.0 to 3.0k,which actually a good thing(my best was 14 wins,from 2.3k infamy about a month ago,from which my climb has been steady not drastic)

8. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

@Babablacksheep man, that's some really, really bad luck you got there. I hope this won't make you quit this game for good, and that right after the update. I hope that somewhere deep down inside you'll still find a little spark to continue playing the game. If you do, good luck seal clubbing your way back up, and watch how easier it will be to farm;)

(I know you're not a seal clubber, and I know you didn't drop intentionally, but be prepared to face the keyboard warriors since they always tend to appear in topics like these)

behumble and Babablacksheep like this.
  9. Anand Vamshi

Anand Vamshi New Member

Yeah man Reallly It Happens To Everyone .....
    This Game Makes Worst Matchmakings.. Donno how To Deal With Those Dumb Players... In Each n Every Match We r The Gud Damage Dealers Rest Of Team Will Sunk in Seconds... hope BB Should Fix This Soon

10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

What infamy are you at, man?

11. Babablacksheep

No offense against you,but there is a seprate section for guild recruitment and also you can PM him:)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

K. Sorry for the offtopic. Tadaa! Deleted it.

13. s0pm0d

s0pm0d New Member

Well,,, thanks for all the replies... you know its kinda frustrating when you lose your first game of the day and it keep happened in a row... poor algorithm for keeping up the spirit

14. Anand Vamshi

Anand Vamshi New Member

15. TheAntiSnipe

I thought battles in nightmarish levels in general went that way, from all the videos... Why does it happen tho?

16. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

We're dropping up here too. I was at 3600 -3700 for a long time for the past several days due to the same reasons. Down 400-500 infamy. Bad matchups, and players doing silly things to complete quests. Since us lower Nightmare players are getting pushed down, we're pushing everyone below us down by affecting their games.

I think it's getting better though, most players I see around me are going back to their normal Infamy levels.

17. Ganesh Zetro

Ganesh Zetro New Member

Gamer
    I lost from 2600 to 1920.I am not getting stars at all.Even i do more damage mote kill no effect.Does stars too affect

18. Cosmic_Warrior

Cosmic_Warrior New Member

I think it is getting worst and I hate that I used to be in the 2000s now im in the 1100s like almost half has been reduced cause of the bullshit excuse for matchups this game has like when u lose u get demolished 5-0 or 5-1 this happens to me alot and it doesn't end there, oh no it got so bad that the game don't give me any stars anymore even when I do the best and everyone else gets a star or 2 and I don't get a god dam thing like wtf. Someone told me this happens because I lose too much infamy so the game takes away my stars like... What kind of stupid shit am I hearing so basically I'm getting punished for something that isn't my dam fault like really game developers that's fucked up and that's why I gave this game a 3/5 as a matter of fact I might change that to 2/5 cause this shit is ridiculous. So game developers... Wtf.. Why do u do this to us u need to change this cause I'm not recommending this game to anyone. I can show u multiple screenshots of my battle logs to show u that I don't get shit. How do I send this to the developers like I don't see any clear way of doing it

19. Cosmic_Warrior

Cosmic_Warrior New Member

This is just one of them

Attached Files:

20. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Matching seems about the same to me.

I think the problem may be that the new guild quests are changing the motivations players. With the guild quests, players need to also accumulate kills with various weapons, destroy a certain number of ships while in a fleet, destroy ships, so you may not necessarily be teamed up with people trying to win but rather they are trying to meet quest objectives, and hoping for the best at the end. You may also be getting teamed up with other players that are deliberately dropping infamy to get into a range that is easier for them to complete guild quests. As soon as the guild quests came out, I went into a free fall; but have been rising back up again.

Last edited: 4 Oct 2017