1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Update] opinions on visuals, content and experiences

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by behumble, 29 Sep 2017.

?

Like the update?

1. Yeah man its rad!

26.1%
  2. Finally! Love it!

35.5%
  3. No, nothing works.

8.0%
  4. still quitting

2.2%
  5. nah, its not enough

14.5%
  6. indifferent/no opinion

1.4%
  7. its terrible

0.7%
  8. its good

11.6%
  1. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Well yeah for this particular poll the thing that's most wrong is that there's no middle option. A poll that would generate a useful result (as much as that's possible with only forumers voting) would look more like this:

What do you think about the patch?
    • It's great!
    • It's good
    • indifferent / no opinion
    • It's bad
    • It's terrible!
    Yes it looks more boring, but that's exactly what a poll should be. The sole purpose of a poll is the result it generates, and that result is meaningless if options are lacking, biased, or have secondary stuff in them (such as whether the update is "enough" or whether a user is quitting). Also, on the topic of quitting (see poll option 4) a proper poll would look like this:

Do you feel like quitting?
    • I wasn't going to quit before the update and won't quit now either
    • I was going to quit before the update, but won't quit now that it's out
    • I was going to quit before the update, and still am going to
    • I wasn't going to quit before the update, but will quit because of it
    • I already quit, but the update brought me back
    • I already quit and the update won't make me return

behumble and The Otherguy like this.
  2. SelfAwareness

SelfAwareness New Member

Not only are the sound effects annoying, but the notification pops up in the middle of the damn screen blocking vision.
    If battle highlights actually meant something, maybe in HUD controls I would make them smaller with sound off in the corner, but seeing as how they are not really important in any way - I WANT TO TURN THEM OFF PLEASE!!

D3X likes this.
  3. KiloMeda

KiloMeda Member

I agree this could be bad for the game. It isn't just about whether your guild is staffed with the correct players, it is also about game quality. The guild quests are encouraging players to jump into games with under leveled ships and weapons which is a bad experience for the others in the game that are stuck with them.

My whole guild were using level 1 napalms to try and complete that quest. That is a bad experience for the other 8-9 players that are trying their best. It is easier to use a level 1 weapon and cross your fingers it works rather than to spend weeks to level up one weapon.

Yes, the guild quests are optional so players do not have to complete them. But players are incentivized to do so, so they will. My guild was more active than before and enjoyed focusing on quests together. The problem is we are potentially ruining match balance and gameplay by doing so. A game shouldn't incentive that. It should encourage good play.

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Its not the quests, its the leadership that encourages bs like that. I clearly stated to my members that none of them are allowed to play in a way that compromises infamy. We are rightly staffed as well, so we're dominating rivalry.
    [​IMG]

5. HazardousMoon

HazardousMoon New Member

I play with almost all weapons so maybe I'm not as affected. But my recently created guild is geared for quests. I told my members if they can't do a quest leave it to me. Screenshot_20171002-003524.png Screenshot_20171002-003529.png

Edit: those thumbnails are awkward. So sorry

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. Miathan

What it encourages is having a large network of people of various guilds, and then constantly move people around between guilds to help out with certain guild quests. I'm not ashamed to say my alliance has been doing it, and it's very effective. But is this really what you devs wanted the game to be like? I personally don't find it fun. Whenever I log in, I don't even know who's going to be in my guild anymore.

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. SlAyEr

SlAyEr Active Member

Agreed. But there r also who r working with no other guild for quests.
    In ongoing quests, if anyone changes guild his or her tokens become zero.
    That is all I can offer to counter alliances

8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The variety of guild quests is fun, but it would be better to promote playing better rather than trying to use crappy weapons to fulfill a quest. For example I spent half the day trying to get kills with my rail gun for a guild quest, but after getting a single kill I determined it's doing nothing but hurting my game, so I'm benching the weapon for the foreseeable future... until the time where I can devote lots of training and leveling up to make it useful.

9. ihacktivist

ihacktivist New Member

Recent update has brought some annoying feature in game because of which my performance has gone down in games. now for every shot i get pop up (Long Shot) its very annoying. rather than annying it obstructs my view when I lock on tona target and use long range mortars. that pop up covers my targets and cant see their position and health.

atleast give option to disable it. left plsying the game due to that. and i play all mortars so i cant even play it noe

10. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Apologies for merging some threads and the wacky read here and there - we'll make it smoother in the future, the main reason was to collect similar feedback in one thread, so we can avoid duplication but also not miss great ideas already posted! *work in progress* :)

11. Charlotte Douche

Charlotte Douche Well-Known Member

Badges and kill feeds are blocking and i cant see enemy, could u put it in the corner >??

12. The Grim Repair

Thanks for that - and to all other members who highlighted this experience downer! Fear not, our devs are reviewing this feedback and taking upcoming changes here into consideration already!

13. The Grim Repair

Thank you thus far for everyone's contribution - it has been incredibly helpful!
    Our devs have been actively reading all your concerns and comments so it is time for a little update for you from your crew:

Known issues that will be fixed as soon as possible*:
    • Guild quest contributors are not correctly sorted
    • Long names may show as ... in claimable boosts
    • Quests/raffle timer is incorrect
    Will be looked into to consider changes for better play experience:
    • Highlights are blocking the view especially on phones
    We understand this particular one many feel strongly about, so we totally hear you :)

*there is no ETA for a next update, some fixes can be applied sooner than others.
    We are aware of other issues and will update again as soon as we have implemented the fixes.

Keep the feedback coming!

14. NightXO

NightXO Active Member

Battle medals/highlights
    • Option to remove them during combat
      If enabled: option to customize their size and location
    • Slightly reduce volume when receiving.
    • Add option to display highlights in Repleys (I think for viewers will be more interesting)
    • Add tab to profile showing statistics on all received medals
    Guild quests
    • Reduce refresh for free boost up to 8 hours (24 hours very much for one small boost)
    • Every time I close guild menu, I see this:
      Screenshot_2017-10-02-13-42-45-748_com.rovio.battlebay[1].png
      This constantly pop-up window is annoying. Make only one time pop-up warning.
    • Guild Quests сount is 0. Will it be updated when Rivalry time ends? Or is it a bug and it should already be shown?
      Screenshot_2017-10-02-13-59-13-834_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    Battle replays
    • Add share with selection from friends list

Last edited: 2 Oct 2017
  15. SlAyEr

SlAyEr Active Member

Achievements can be displayed after battle ends.

Quests should be distributed more properly. Like if they r called guild quests give more quests related to fleet with guild members. Nd individual quests r gud too. But keep the ratio: 6:4

Alliances r being used to fulfill quests. Reduce guild tokens of a player to 0 nd he cant make any contribution if he or she swithces guild.

Quest notification pop up box. One time is enough

Rest seems gud.. :cool:
    Nd as usual nerf big torpedo :p:D

The Grim Repair likes this.
  16. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

What does ETA mean?

17. k406k

k406k Active Member

Estimated Time of Arrival

Rock'N'Rolla likes this.
  18. The Grim Repair

Estimated Time of Arrival as k4005k explained. Basically meaning, we don't have an exact date/time when those fixes will be implemented.

Rock'N'Rolla likes this.
  19. Stalie

Stalie Member

I have found issues with "lag" in the game since the update!
    It seems the game and servers aren't synchronised, nothing has changed on my side.
    I've tried playing both via my phone 4G and broadband WiFi. Can you please investigate this issue.
    I am a VIP player and understand that part of the update is that VIP players don't download the in game adds and this is to speed up our game ? -This seems to have achieved the opposite.

And for the in game pop ups please deactivate them asap.
    Another issue is that players are teaming up with other players with low infamy levels. This creates up to 1000 infamy difference between the top and lower player in the same team. This is unfair towards the rest of the team that has worked hard to achieve that higher infamy level because all that happens is that the team eventually loose due to that weaker player!
    Please limit the infamy difference between two players that are to "team up" to 200 infamy difference.

The one thing i do like about the new update is that we can now block other players!
    This has improved my VIP chat experience! I can now read VIP chat without having to read the messages from this one guy that seems to be online all the time.
    it would be interesting to see who's been blocked the most from VIP chat! Can you give us the results thx.

20. Miathan

Lol. Maybe they should make an achievement for it? Congratulations, you got blocked by 100 people! That might make certain individuals realize what they're doing.

The Otherguy and Rock'N'Rolla like this.