1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Global chat is toxic

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by GameOmen, 15 May 2017.

?

Should they're be more word restrictions or chat mods?

1. Word Restrictions

2. Chat Mods

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. GameOmen

GameOmen New Member

Can you guys please do something about the global chat? Maybe putting some restrictions on words and also restricting spamming? After returning to the game after a few days I check the global chat and am instantly greeted by an inappropriate spammer. I know it's an issue in every game with global chat but at least restrict the use of some words or make some people chat mods, that way they can mute/ban/ or just put someone in timeout. Anyways, sorry for the long text and wish you dev's good luck with the game.

Kakashi911 likes this.
  2. Blufyr07

Blufyr07 New Member

I've also seen these lunatic flooding the globat chat with offensive words. I hope Rovio can increase their filters with more words to address this issue. In no time, all we can see are asterisks in the global chat. haha

3. Never0dd0reveN

Never0dd0reveN Member

I can agree, but on the condition they allow you to select to turn the filter off. There are no bad words. Just weakminded, easily offended people.

Being offended is peronal preference. Where do you stop the filter? If someone is legitimately offended by the word "the" do you take away everyone's right to use it?

And you can't use the "but children play this game" excuse because 1. Who do you think the cluprits are? and 2. Do you remember the way they talked when you were ten? (Hint: more foul than anyone else. Source: xbox live)

Sam1 and Kakashi911 like this.
  4. Bennunator

Bennunator Moderator

Hi there! That's definitely a problem that we're trying to come up with a solution to. There are already filters for lots and lots of bad words, but unfortunately people will always find ways to work around those.

We'll keep working on making the chats as enjoyable as possible!

Happy Battling!
    -Bennunator

Sam1 likes this.
  5. Bingo Dingo

Bingo Dingo New Member

How do i post my own question?:/ plz help. Thanks

6. Bennunator

Bennunator Moderator

Hey! It should say 'post new thread' in the upper right corner once you you for an example the General Discussion.

7. Bingo Dingo

Bingo Dingo New Member

Thank you so much!! :D