1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tesla shield: Duration or HP?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by KiloMeda, 27 Sep 2017.

1. KiloMeda

KiloMeda Member

Is there a downside to having too long of a duration for the Tesla Shield given that you will eventually get stunned? Got one of these choices coming up.

Thank you

2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    HP

Wait a sec, duration would protect you longer, saving your ships valuable hp.

Wait a sec, with more HP, the shield will last longer!

Wait a sec, duration would let you use perks for hp!

Wait a sec, so would hp!

Wait a sec, ...

3. JustPlainSowad

JustPlainSowad Active Member

Product Manager//Technology Entrepreneur
    this confuses me a lot as well

Cpt. Sea Wasp [WASPS] likes this.
  4. BEN

BEN Active Member

HP. An extra blocked shot is so much better than 1-2 more seconds duration.

5. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

If you only have one TS equipped, i'd recommend duration. Most of the players don't shoot when your shield is up (unless it's 2 or 3 vs you alone). They rather waiting til the shield duration is over, that gives you the possibility to shoot without being harmed or to run safe. However, choosing duration in Buzzkill's training means that you must max out your TS level.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  6. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Duration for sure. If you get hit the shield will break and stun you, but it absorbed the damage because it was there.

7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think it depends how you use it. If you're playing aggressively with it, such as, throwing it up to get an edge in shootouts, then I would lean towards HP so it doesn't break.

If you're playing defensively with it, such as, using it to cover your retreat after a hit & run, then I would go with duration, as the stun dosn't make much difference when you're just running for cover.

I expect you'll ultimately want a bit of both. Maybe go with duration first, and if you find it breaks too frequently, try to boost HP. You can always retrain if it's not working out.

Shadow Moon! and fr4nk1yn like this.
  8. KiloMeda

KiloMeda Member

Appreciate the responses, guys. I'm going with duration first as I'm seeing the benefit after equipping the duration perks. I am playing more of a hug cover and pop in and out style with flare and EC and I think the duration is better or at least easier to use.

9. Clintastic

Clintastic Member

I feel like no one is mentioning one of the most important things here... how a shield is viewed by the enemy. When I see a shield I don't want to shoot it because I know its a wasted shot that will do no damage, even if it breaks it. Enemies will 9 times out of ten wait for the shield to drop before firing. of course there are exceptions, but in general Shooting shields it pointless.
    You cant beat that. Duration wins.

10. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I run a Tesla Bolt, so I always drop shields, just to be annoying. However, I'm often the only non-shooter in games, so 9 out of 10 might be somewhat accurate. :D