1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why haven't Mortars been nerfed?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by fr4nk1yn, 26 Sep 2017.

1. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    As a enforcer player, i'd reccomend against it until you reach mk5, below that everybody targets you with all their mortars and insta-crit snipers in hope of a easy kill, turning the little yellow boat into a exploded block of swiss cheese. (Also it's insanely underpowered until the aforementioned MK5)

And on topic: Historically, mortars are used as harassment devices, usually they were cheap, innacurate and not exteremely deadly.
    Let's look at BB's mortars, it's well known that in lower teirs, mortars are spammed, that'd be fine if they weren't perfectly accurarate, and capable of almost one-shotting low HP boats.
    And before someone says "Ur exaggerating u noob," I've been hit by Berta's and other mortars for 1300 damage at 1600 infamy, and it wqsn't even a direct hit!

2. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

My Berta does 1023, not sure what that puts crit hit at

Screenshot_2017-09-27-06-58-19.png Screenshot_2017-09-27-06-58-09.png

3. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Big Bertha can't crit (or any other mortar for that matter). Whenever you hit someone with the center of big berta you'll see an exclamation mark with damage, but that's like 20% bonus damage. And it's still not a critical hit. It just happens whenever you hit someone with the center of your mortar.

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I. Am. Literally. Biting. Back. Obscenities. Here.

CAN YOU GUYS NOT MAKE UP YOUR MINDS AS TO WHICH THREAD SHOULD HAVE THIS DISCUSSION?
    I keep coming online and seeing this. Oh, it isn't that way. You don't understand, this thread is different. Jeez. I'm in the hot zone(1200 infamy) and have played every ship in this zone. Here's my two cents.
    DON'T NERF MORTARS. THEY ARE NOT OP, NOR ARE THEY ANYTHING MORE THAN A MILD THREAT.
    Sorry to break your bubbles, peeps. No matter which class you are, mortars aren't even a headache.

5. ThatOnion

Gamer
    People. Like. You. Ruin. These. Conversations.

If you aren't gonna provide any evidence besides screaming your opinion, don't talk.

"It is better to keep your mouth shut, and let people think you are a fool. Then to open it, and remove all doubt" -Person

Last edited: 27 Sep 2017
    thatnerdchic and Shadow Moon! like this.
  6. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It's also better, if you're ever thinking of quoting Mark Twain, to check your source, as Mark Twain quotes are seldom things he actually said.

Ironically (in this case), there is no evidence he ever said that.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/26512/quick-10-10-things-mark-twain-didnt-say-and-10-he-did

7. ThatOnion

Gamer
    fr4nk1yn likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I. Am. Literally. Biting. Back. Obscenities. Here.

CAN YOU GUYS NOT MAKE UP YOUR MINDS AS TO WHICH THREAD SHOULD HAVE THIS DISCUSSION?
    I keep coming online and seeing this. Oh, it isn't that way. You don't understand, this thread is different. Jeez. I'm in the hot zone(1200 infamy) and have played every ship in this zone. Here's my two cents.
    DON'T NERF MORTARS. THEY ARE NOT OP, NOR ARE THEY ANYTHING MORE THAN A MILD THREAT.
    Sorry to break your bubbles, peeps. No matter which class you are, mortars aren't even a headache.

9. ThatOnion

Gamer
    You. Are. Now. Spamming.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  10. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Bad news for you, as an mk5 Enforcer player I'm still the first targeted. But it's because they know the threat of yellow ships on the unfriend.

11. KiloMeda

KiloMeda Member

I play around 1400-1600 infamy and there are only occasional games where it gets ridiculous imo. Mostly on maps where there isn't much room to hide.

I would appreciate a decrease in damage in the outer rings of the mortars to reward better accuracy. My MK4 fixer with OB will make it to the outermost edge of a mortar and I'll still take 800 damage which seems crazy to me.

From other's posts I realize mortars lose effectiveness at higher infamy levels so the solution could be a slight tweak at MK4 levels? Maybe give all ships a 10% increase in speed at those levels? At MK4 you'll see mostly shooters who just got a 4th weapon slot which means more mortars. All MK4 ships also just got a speed decrease. Those new MK4 players probably don't have rare turbos to compensate (I still have not seen a single rare turbo and I'm at level 27) so it creates a meta that can make mortars a bit overwhelming.

fr4nk1yn likes this.