1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Has P0rthos quit (or about to)?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by D3X, 25 Sep 2017.

1. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Noticed that his total games played has stagnated and still hovering around a little over 10K games. He's also haven't done any more recent videos lately(yes I'm subscribed to him), and I hardly see him on the Nightmare ladder. Last time I saw him, he sat slightly above me at 4300 which was about approximately 2 seasons ago.

Reason why I'm saying is that I've always been folllowing him ever since my "Shop" Thread and where he commented about being a Top Player with 10K games, and it's been stuck in me. Also wanted to prove to him that the new Shop system has some clear differences to old when it came to progression. Well I'm well over 10K games now, and was shocked to see that he had less than me...

Infact, his forum acccount: @P0rthos has been pretty stagnant too.

A bit sad to see, because I'm finally getting to his zone to prove my worthiness to him (he once laughed in my face about being new). I hope he's just busy with real life and will come back to the game.

Last edited: 25 Sep 2017
  2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I heard from (I think it was) @Bunta that he's busy with life things. I'm sure that's it though, he has always been pretty positive with how the game is going besides defender needing enhancement

3. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Yeah, I too wondered where he was. Last time I saw him on the forums, he was viewing my So When’s the New Update thread.

• Percy • likes this.
  4. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I saw him this morning but yeah, he never posts, and is rarely on the forum...

• Percy • likes this.
  5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Last I spoke to him he was bored & just clearing quests. Maybe the new patch will lure Big Blue back, although I doubt a 2nd layer of quests will drastically change the 'staleness'.

6. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    He was the first player I looked up to... :(

7. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

He'll be back very soon. I used to look up to him too, when I was a little noob.

I even screenshotted the very first compliment he gave me. Enjoy!

1259.PNG

(This was back during the beta, when the matchmaking was a million times worse than it is now. I had an MK5 and was stuck in a 1v1 against Orpheus's MK6 who had over a thousand more infamy than me. I didn't get the win but I managed to get him to flee, so we ended up tying.)

8. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

WTF? you were Playbuoy? hahahaha i remember your old IGN, hahaha

9. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    @P0rthos 's video on how to play the shooter helped me a lot when I first started playing the game. (Also, thanks for being a good role model in that video @BITTERSTEEL ) I hope he continues to make videos because when I feel bummed out since I can't get past 2.8k infamy, I watch portho's videos and remember to have fun while playing battle bay.

10. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I faced a match against him around 10 days ago, i don't think he quit(just not in active mode)

• Percy • likes this.
  11. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

His last post is from 3 weeks ago and says "... Loosing my will to play."

• Percy • and The Otherguy like this.
  12. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

I don't know that the new patch is enough to keep the current players Playing... Let alone draw any of the big names who have left out of boredom back... Another disappointing update... Especially given how long it's taken. Only good thing I see is the replay option. Woop-de-doo

Ultrah and D3X like this.
  13. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

not enough? disappointing update?? the devs did there best and we get a shitload of new stuff. you cant say its a disappointing update because its not out yet and you didnt see it.

14. Mr squiqqle

Ummm.. the patch notes are there to be read under announcements... I'm disappointed. Or are you telling me how I feel? Or should feel? :confused:

• Percy • likes this.
  15. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

No im not telling you how to feel:p:p:p, what did you want this update? what did you expect?

• Percy • and The Otherguy like this.
  16. Mr squiqqle

:D I was hoping for some new content of some kind, or at least a secondary battle scenario/option/something. I mean, the mute button we were assured by certain ..... people in the know.... we would never get, happened. That's the highlight of this update for me. I guess that was easier than actually getting rid of the toxic people by moderating the chat.
    I've been playing for 8 or so months.... A fixing bolt and damage depot. That's all the new content. That's it. Oh, mk7 ships, although I don't count those. They just made them look like boxes that float and added a few stats to it. Felt like a gimmick and a rush job. But hey, if THIS update is the accumulation of this much work from them, then at least I know there's no huge (pleasant) surprises about to crop up. I'm sure there'll be plenty of b a l a n c i n g (nerfs) . :rolleyes:

17. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

Hahah okay okay, i need to agree with you that some new content would be nice.:D

Ultrah and • Percy • like this.
  18. Elurien

Elurien Member

P0rthos was the first player i looked forward to. He‘s inspireing me. I dont know how often ive seen the videos from him and Kitterini. That was the time ive desided to play the fixer as my only boat! Thats all up to you P0rthos and Kitterini! Come back man! I‘m on the way to nightmare,... maybe in 4 months :D

MMP, _devill and • Percy • like this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

POrthos is the big blue we all wanna become. Not as a ship class, but as the fearless Battle Bay player who plays the way he wants to, nerfs or no. I mean, look at him! The dude's what you expect to see in the ideal nightmare league! Like, the friendly big guy! You know?
    I really wanted to fight against him one day(I'm a casual player, and it ain't happening anytime soon, but even so), so I really hope he doesn't leave.

MMP, _devill and • Percy • like this.
  20. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Agreed that we shouldn't be too pessimistic before it actually lands. The addition of replays is great & highlight moments could turn out to be fun also. That being said, I would rather see actual content (maps, playmodes, items) than a second layer of quests combined with a guild auction mechanism - but perhaps I'm reading too much into ´pay for more guild quests´ and ´compete with other guilds to see who can do the most quests´, it might not be as moneygrabby as it reads in the patchnotes.

• Percy • likes this.