1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Make it Possible to buy 1 duplicate item in say 2 months

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ArctiC, 23 Sep 2017.

?

Should this be implemented?

1. Yes please!!

31 vote(s)
    86.1%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  1. ArctiC

ArctiC Active Member

Hey everyone!

I have spent quiet a good amount trying to get a duplicate weapon for upgrade. Guess what even after spending tons I still didn't receive what I wanted. To sum up my experience: I'm DISAPPOINTED!
    Most of the time we get junk from combining items and opening free crates. I don't really mind the rng aspect of the game but somehow I believe the players should be given some sort of power as well.

I propose allowing everyone to buy a single duplicate item every 2 months at a huge price:

Rare Duplicate: 1,000,000 Gold , 500,000 Sugar, +400 pearls (Subject to 20% increase with each tier)
    Epic Duplicate: 2,000,000 Gold, 1,000,000 Sugar, +6000 pearls (Subject to 20% increase with each tier)
    Legendary Duplicate: N/a

*Each player can do this only once in 2 months*: this implies that in order to get any weapon to a fully upgraded T5 it would take one year. A mk6 equips 8 items. Therefore it would take 8 years to actually get all T5 items just by this method.

Advantage:
    At least we can get something that we need the most but somehow didn't manage to get. This way people can actually save for what they want and buy it after 2 months. It somewhat guarantees progress and allows people to not rely on rng solely.

See ya all at the bay!

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

2 months is a long time :(

3. NaveFantasma

NaveFantasma Member

Is not this a bit too much expencive? :eek:

4. +- fixer-+

+- fixer-+ New Member

That sucks i will not play this game if it would take 8 years to have et5 or rt5 weapons max 2years

5. ArctiC

ArctiC Active Member

Trade system will never be implemented as it would drastically hurt rovio's profit from this game

Yeah well right now we have to wait forever. Isn't 2 months better than nothing?

Expensive so even developers make some $$ out of this proposed idea. Aren't we willing to work for something we know we want or you wanna keep spinning the dice (collecting crates) and get nothing in return?

Don't forget you can get duplicate items from crate aswell if you are lucky. This just guarantees you an item you always wanted but somehow can't get because of bad luck on rng.

6. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

All these rng problem will be solved if they introduced trade system
    It would work if they just made it up for swapping your items without destroying the economy of rovio.
    Here's the layout
    1.U can only swap ur items for different item of same rarity.
    2.No combing of low rarity item to get higher rarity item.
    Item swap times
    Rare - every 12hrs
    Epic - every 36 hrs
    Legendary - every 3days
    Benefits
    1. It will make rng 10 times less annoying( because rn scarping leads to collection of 10 items parts over again).
    2. It will not destroy rovio economy as Thier is no combing of low rarity items to get higher rarity item.
    3. Player will get stuff they want and lvl up faster so promoting more skilled players and increase in population of players in higher leagues.
    4. People would still have choice to scrap the items and get parts and power cell and sometimes a better item pieces.
    Cost of trading
    1. It should solely be made using gold no pearls otherwise it would not benifit f2p in any way and will lead to promote only p2w players.
    2. Rare - 300k
    Epic - 1million
    Legendary - 2 million
    EDIT :Since the link was not working I posted the answer again

Last edited: 23 Sep 2017
    NaveFantasma likes this.
  7. NaveFantasma

NaveFantasma Member

I like this ...it seems balanced ... i hope the developers will take on consideration this idea

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

If the whole game is RNG then why should this be any different?

9. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

Will never happen

10. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

allow a player 1 trade transaction for every X hours of actual battle time... sounds fair, hmmm? and it's not cumulative, either you use it or u lose it when you earn another trade transaction.

*JAWS* likes this.
  11. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Some kind of implementation of this would be amazing - It would even make people spend pearls (hint devs!).

12. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Pls no pearl cost on the trade system it will become just another p2w tool. U can ask for ridiculous amount of gold for leggy change which might make whale to use pearls that's cool but pearls meh. Because even here it's rng :)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. Aamos

Aamos New Member

What if there some special reward from star crates. You would get 1 point from each star crate and then there would be some section in shop where you could use those points to buy any weapon or gear you like, no matter do you allready have it or not.

Price should be high though, 1 point from each crate and price for rare could be 1000 points and epic 2000? Well someone else is probably better to say those numbers but just to make my idea clear.

What do you think?
    This way it would be easier to f2p players to get duplicate. Just need to play a lot and get stars. And you couldn't buy those points, only by opening star crates.

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  14. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Basically you still can buy those points by buying stars which gives you possibility to buy star crates. Anyway idea is still good as you can only get 5 star creates per day which means only 5 points per day is max.

15. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games

Prices too expensive a bit, don’t bring sugar into it, just allow it from power cells or something. It’ll just grab p2w attention again.

16. TheRedSpeeder

I wouldn't call this p2w as it gives you possibility to get any duplicate you need. I'd be happy to pay those amounts per 2 months to get some progression than what it takes now (forever if you're not one of the luckiest person here). Getting this fast when it comes available again doesn't make it p2w. If you can buy 1 per 2 months, it isn't gonna make it p2w any way.

17. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Rare prices are fine but Epic duplicates, 2,000,000 gold, 1,000,000 sugar and 6000 pearls 20% increase everytime for your tier. You’d be happy to progress on something like that? Well that’s fine. To get 1 duplicate, you’ll need 2 million gold, 1 million sugar and also 6000 pearls. Keep note it’s subject to increase 20% depending on the tier of your one. If you are f2p, good luck trying to get more than 6000-10,000 pearls in 2 months. If you p2w easy shots, drop in $100-$200 you should be able to wait for duplicates. It’ll be easier with this new guild update i’ll admit, but if there wasn’t then it’ll make it harder. Are you seriously going to play just for that? Is it now a p2w aspect?

18. TheRedSpeeder

Sorry I misread it in the first place. Did think it was 600 not 6k :oops: Sorry about that.
    Anyway, yea I think now 6k is too much. Maybe it should be 1-2k (5th duplicate would cost max 3k)? Otherwise it doesn't look that bad for my eye (after re-reading it). Anyway gold and sugar amounts sounds good to my ears if pearl amount is lowered on epics.

Althought this would still help on those stuck for 6 months items imo. I agree it sounds way too much if it is 6k but even with that amount it would help you progress (but yes it does go a bit to p2w's and p2p's side).

19. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    The pearls imo is way too much, you can buy 2 solid epic containers straight and save 4 months and a heck load of resources for just a duplicate.

20. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

i been looking for a rare cannon for 3 months.