1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Chain retraining

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Joey who, 22 Sep 2017.

1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Would be nice if we could choose multiple retrains from different crew at once and they just build up an hour for each one instead of doing each 1 by 1 every hour

Edit: more specific

Last edited: 22 Sep 2017
    Shinigami..., The Afenogaster and Cyn like this.
  2. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

I thought this was a thing already?

3. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

You can do this for one crew member at the time already. You just need to double tap the talents you want to retrain and then hit confirm.

CaffeinatedChris likes this.
  4. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Would be nice to be able to do this across all crew members at once though.

5. TheRedSpeeder

Yea it would but then again, can you train multiple crew members even if you have enough sugar? -- No, you can not even if you'd want that. Makes sense why we can't retrain them across all though.

6. Joey who

Yea but I mean for different crew. Like if I want to play speeder I could retrain talents from felix, swift and sinklaire, etc. Sometimes I only need to retrain 1 from each crew but it's late at night so I just retrain one and fall asleep, then 5 hours later I have to start retraining again while those hours were wasted

7. TheRedSpeeder

8. Joey who

What does that have to do with anything?

9. TheRedSpeeder

Well as I said, you can't train multiple crew members as it is one at the time so it makes retraining one at the time reasonable. Get it?
    If we could train more than one member at the time, it would obliviously be reasonable to retrain them as more than one at once.

That has something to do with your original comment as "why we can't retrain multiple crew members" as it is an logical answer for that. :)

10. Joey who

You can't train 2 levels on the same crew without having to do it 1 by 1 either, training and retraining work differently

11. TheRedSpeeder

you can retrain even every single talent on one crew member without doing it one talent at the time, seriously.

Go to crew tree. Pick a crew member. Check the talents you want to change (the numbers). Double tap every talent you want to change (the one which is NOT already chosen) and then double tap the next number's talent etc as long as you have chosen every single one you want to retrain. Then hit confirm to start retraining.

(I might do a video about this when I do make a youtube channel and I have trained new talent to my crew member) so if you didn't get it now, I'll post here a video about how to do it.

12. Joey who

Yes, I'm aware, but I'm referring to you saying you can't train 2 different crews at the same time so you shouldn't be able to retrain 2 different crews at the same time. But if we went by that logic, you should be able to regularly train 2 crew levels of the same crew at the same, which you can't. So your response doesn't really seem like a good reason there shouldn't be retrainings of 2 different crew members at once.

13. Joey who

Here I was talking about regular training btw, not retraining

14. TheRedSpeeder

Either I am too drunk already (which I doubt) or I did lose the track somewhere.

Anyway, as I said, my opinion is that when you look at this situation this way: There is one trainer who trains them and s/he can take one crew member to training at the time to be able to teach them use the talent correctly. While you train them in the first place there is training which includes both of the optional talents and you choose which one of them they use. When you want to change the talent you have chosen, you simply "remind" them with short retraining. This is again done by same trainer who reminds your crew and can only remind one by one but in this case s/he can remind multiple talents there (like being in private lessons for multiple subjects).
    This won't work in the first place as you need to focus mastering one subject at the time but when you know it already and just must be reminded, you can relearn them in a row.

You got it now what I mean?

SCOOTY PUFF Jr likes this.
  15. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Lol Joeyaa..you DID edit your op..so I can see where the confusion is coming from:p

16. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

@Joeyaa the reality of this is that you're asking the devs to do something completely against mobile app business sense. If you can queue up multiple training or retraining actions, or for example if you "auto collected" the free crate/gift every 8h, then you wouldn't log in as often. Part of the tenets of good mobile app business is "offer an incentive to launch your app again, multiple times a day" and this wing (heh, a bird joke, clever) of Rovio certainly has that nailed with the "log in at least 3x per day or you miss out on freebies"

[Takes off app developer hat]

SCOOTY PUFF Jr and TheRedSpeeder like this.
  17. Joey who

You can already retrain multiple trainings at the same time, but only of the same crew member. This wouldn't change much but be less of a pain to retrain, wouldn't cost them anything

18. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Personally I feel there should not be any retraining process should not take any amount of time.
    Let's face it I paid in sugar and time to get those talents I should not have to retrain again when I want to use different items.
    For example I play speeder sometimes I want to use carronade sometimes canon when m using canon I should be able switch to all speed talents and when carronade then switch to some carronade talents not waste hours to switch b/w those too.
    It will provide more versatile gameplay and save me from getting bored by using same weapons over and over again

Ovidmikel likes this.
  19. Joey who

Or at least a 25k or a 50k sugar price to retrain instead of 1 hour so you could retrain while you have a 3 day training going on

20. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

No there should not be any price because as I said I already have paid for them in time and money it should work like perks u equip them and u r good to go. Because when u change to a different item u need to change atleast 7-8 talents so the cost to equip a different item will be huge

Last edited: 23 Sep 2017