1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Ridiculous matchmaking

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Alister, 22 Sep 2017.

1. Alister

Alister New Member

So I just joined the game and I realised that the matchmaking is really crazy at times, to the point that it's almost impossible to win. I know some matchmaking engines do this when you are on win streaks but this seems to be very random. Is it even possible to advance in the game without paying money considering I joined up late? screenshot.png

2. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

You can only progress so much with your loadouts. If it's not this battle, you will eventually complain about another battle. You should just be proud that you're considered as good as those MK3s.

Ultrah likes this.
  3. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Don't worry, you will get used to it.... :p

_devill likes this.
  4. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

5. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

There are many angles to this battle. First, MK2s were on the top of each side, not MK3. How you use your boat and what equip you have can mean more than MK alone. Second the other team likely won because they had a healer. I can see how you might want one on your team to be fair, but I have won many battles without one too. Thirds you guys are just starting out meaning you are getting used to how players act and what strategies teams use. Players with MK3s have dozens more battles under their belt to get into the groove, however when you come across them at low level, it generally means they are doing something wrong otherwise they would be higher!

Just keep at it and it will balance out. Focus on getting your ship leveled as soon as you can! GL

_devill likes this.
  6. Elurien

Elurien Member

498B1801-8114-4464-B56E-DB567DADB846.png

This match was desided from the beginning. :(

7. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Honestly that match is awful. That’s almost a 600 infamy difference between teams

8. Alister

Alister New Member

After looking around the forums, (and playing around 200 matches), it's sad to see tons of other players having the same issue. It's not impossible to raise infamy through sheer hard work, but the match making system is abysmal. I probably got too used to systems like the Dota 2 matchmaking where it almost always matches you fairly. The difference is that matchmaking here hardly takes a few seconds, but I would not mind a 20-30 second wait for a properly calculated fair match. Uninstalling for now.

9. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

It seems fair to complain about match making. A lot of players do. One thing no one seems to get is that team work is the most important aspect in this game. Even with a unfair matchmaking you can win if you work together. I have been through 3500+ battles and I'm not bragging I know everything. I have won battles with all mk4 team against mk4 and mk5 shooters and also have lost with all mk5 shooters (except me, I play speeder mk4) on my team against mk5 and mk4 on the unfriends. it all comes down to how well you understand the situation and where you are needed.

I'm not going to ask you to play if you don't want to but check out the higher league game plays on youtube and see for yourself. Teams work better at ace league and above and it will take some considerable time to get there for you and for me as well. I'm still in master league and trying to work my way up.

Also as @benguin8 suggested, keep upgrading your weapons and ship. Don't worry about infamy as this is too early for you to think about that. Good luck.

benguin8, Alister and Rango8 like this.
  10. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Devs will say that this match isn't rigged or part of their guaranteed loss system
    Screenshot_2017-09-25-19-57-08.png
    Out of 3 Mk6 players they all have to be on same team with rest of the players being mk5? Does that seem 'balanced' to you o_O

What's Up Player likes this.
  11. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

At ur infamy lvl this matchmaking is due to the fact there are lots of infamy tankers at ur lvl for one and the fact game tries to maintain u at 50-50 win ratio so expect these kind of matchmaking in future and heads up don't get shocked if u see an mk5 ship at 500+ infamy

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Charlotte Douche

Charlotte Douche Well-Known Member

Classic problem, my mk4 fighting mk6 in beta, existed ever since then . . . . . . nothing new.
    If game is fairly matched and not
    foully done, top infamy will not be so high, also something is broken if you notice the item.
    Movement of some ship is irreverent, there is alot but ill stop here. . . . . .

Last edited: 26 Sep 2017
  13. TwoHeadedFreak

TwoHeadedFreak Member

Sadly, this usually happens to me when I'm on a losing streak, not a winning streak. I'm low 3k infamy and have to vs 5k+ infamy just so that I can lose another game. Give me these when I'm on a winning streak and not such a big deal (still shouldn't happen), but when on a losing streak, omg, why give me another guaranteed loss, no chance to win. Do Rovio have shares in mobile phone companies? (I constantly want to smash my phone after these games)