1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion for next update: Finding Fixers on the map

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Apeschitt, 22 Sep 2017.

1. Apeschitt

Apeschitt New Member

Team Canada Bathtub Toy - MK6 Shooter
    A suggestion for the devs, could we have the fixers on the map show up as a cross rather than a dot? This would help locating your fixer without having to swing your camera view around to find them.
    Thanks for all the hard work.

Love,
    Apeschitt :p

Skye, Crashedup, Jumppanen and 6 others like this.
  2. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Great idea,
    If this is implemented, i dont need to find u to heal, u come to me for healing.
    :)

Elena Kr, The Otherguy and Ultrah like this.
  3. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

This would be cool for the few people actually aware of the fixer. A lot of people just disappear in different directions or avoid every box/bolt I throw at them so probs useless for these kind of people >_>

Skye, Miathan, Elena Kr and 2 others like this.
  4. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I'd love this small but effective feature :)

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. youhatemetoo

youhatemetoo Member

It takes away part of the skill of the game. Maybe you shouldn't run from your fixer...

Miathan likes this.
  6. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I'd rather, as a Fixer, have an arrow that appears when someone shouts "Help!" similar to how TF2 works when you play Medic.

Skye likes this.
  7. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Great idea, since I play speeder, mini map is essential. This would be so helpful.
    But what about the unfriends fixer? Would that be a + ?

8. Apeschitt

Apeschitt New Member

Not sure how this takes away skill. You've never been separated from your fixer? Sometimes the best way to help your team is to draw fire away from your group and then come back to heal up with your fixer. It doesn't take a lot of skill to camp out with your fixer.

9. Apeschitt

Apeschitt New Member

That's a great idea as well. Maybe they could do both.

10. Apeschitt

Apeschitt New Member

I think just seeing your own fixer is enough. No need to put a bigger target on the enemy fixer than they already have. In a real battle you wouldn't expect the enemy to broadcast their locations. I can definitely see speeders using this as a means for better hit and runs. As a shooter I now regret making this suggestion. :eek:

11. AoiTenshi

AoiTenshi Member

Well i still hope there's hp indicator too on screen, so i can turn and go to ppl who not run back to fixer

Elena Kr likes this.
  12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Good point... it should, probably, therefore cost $300. To be in line with all the other things that gloss over lack of 'skill'. :p

13. DaveRay35

DaveRay35 Active Member

I think an enhancement to the information available on the mini map could surely be simply introduced and would be greatly appreciated by all. What id like to see is a beacon when a friend makes a comment e.g. they turn yellow or even flash slightly.

While were on the subject of fixers and communication id love a new button that says "thanks" for when that box, pulse or bolt appears out of nowhere to keep me in the fight

14. Elurien

Elurien Member

Why shoud anyone comes to you for healing? You‘re a selfish fixer. o_O

Wishaal likes this.
  15. DaveRay35

DaveRay35 Active Member

What if Sewah is busy (working selflessly) fixing on the other side of the map and youre in desparate need of an hp boost? Then itd be handy to know where the fixer is to get over to them...

16. youhatemetoo

youhatemetoo Member

My main ship I use is a fixer. Honestly takes more to play than any other ship. I have to worry about the other 4 guys that normally I have to zip around the map to heal because why stay together. Also you stay with your fixer so that speeder doesn't eat me

17. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Situational awareness, in particular being aware of what your teammates are doing, is the primary skill needed to be succesful in the Bay. Play 1k games as a Fixer and you'll start understanding why some players outperform their level(and gear) and why some people are stuck below 2k in a mk5. Great players are easy to heal (and make sure to protect their Fixer when needed).

I'm not a fan of dumbing the game down (although it would make my life easier when playing Fixer).

18. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Sewah and other Selfish Fixers aren't healers, they're Defenders that can't shoot as hard or survive burst damage. You don't rely on them for healing.

"HUD Update: Fixers with more than one Duct Tape will not show up on the radar with a + sign, instead they will be a ^ for a dunce cap."