1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm done

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ThatOnion, 19 Sep 2017.

1. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

How many of those completely! F2p in Nightmare started playing before you revamped the shop system?
    If scaling wasnt as absurd as it is, then epic gear taking 2-4years to complete would be less of an issue :)

There is slow progress that comes with the knowledge that eventually I will get there, and then there is 100% rng progress which in combination with superslow item acquisition makes for losing interest in your (otherwise great) game.
    I dont mind grinding, if I know that it will get me to some point. The scale (after the shop patch) has moved from hope to hopeless, for me anyway.

Last edited: 20 Sep 2017
    Wishaal, FearsomeChicken, D3X and 5 others like this.
  2. disorder

disorder Active Member

totally true, all top F2P are here since start of game, now it's impossible to do the same... the max a player can do each day is 75 star, for getting green item...

Iunch and ThatOnion like this.
  3. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Im gonna say this. And this 1 reason is why MM must be fixed.
    Because with all mk5s and 6s and hell even 7s. Someome..anyone can go into that matcj, using an mk1 and all uncommom weapons if they wanted. And that alone shows something like a cap needs. Foreal like its bs. Idc how many i see a week or a month. It happens. Thats not the only flaw, but its a big one.

4. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

People are not perfect. Why this game has to?

5. Kitterini

People can improve, why shouldn't this game? :)
    I'll bet 99% of players and devs agree on this!

6. Miika

Miika Game Lead

More than one player who have started after the global launch have reached there, which is actually amazing considering how short time they have had to play.

Please don't spread this misconception. This is just not true. Despite all the wrong information the game gives more epic items out after the revamped item system. Not in theory, but actually in practice when measuring the influx of epics per player. It does not take nearly that long to get T5 epics if you play the game actively.

Miathan, retryW and The Otherguy like this.
  7. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

Agree with this, unfortunately i've got green items or weapons that i don't use. But i've got at least 10 epic items, and i have 4 months playing

8. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

So people get more epic items on average... Seems like I'm left out when the epics are rewarded:(

JustPlainSowad likes this.
  9. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Even though it's off topic let's actually put this into numbers to be concrete. The highest amount of items gained by F2P players who started post global launch (4.5.2017) are:
    Rare: 357 (17.85/week, 2.55/day)
    Epic: 51 (2.55/week)

10. KiloMeda

KiloMeda Member

I don't think his complaints are that the matches are unfair overall but that they aren't fun. Yes, this is subjective but there are some things that I think most people would agree aren't fun when going against higher tiered (ships/weapons) players.

For instance, an MK6 shooter with tier 4 epics can drive straight into 3 MK4s without moving/dodging or anything and still gets one of those MK4s down to 15% before they go down. The MK4 player with tier 2 rares that is down to 15% health is frustrated because they played decently and the MK6 played like an idiot but just because of their higher tier weapons and ships they were somewhat effective. The MK6's team feels crappy because it is just another feeder from a player that is way below their expected Infamy level. It doesn't matter who won/lost. It just sucks.

I know the nature of the game and leveling up means this will not change, but it is a frustration. It is almost impossible to have a game where you can level up the power level of weapons and ships and also have fun, fair and balanced matchmaking.

MOBAs have characters that are all even in theory (let's remove meta balance because that can be true here and in any competitive game), Call of Duty gives players access to a variety of weapons, none exceptionally OP, Destiny does have gun and equipment leveling, but they balance everything to the same level in PVP (i.e. an MK6 and MK2 would have similar health and their weapons would do similar damage). Those examples don't really work in a game like this. Destiny is the closest, but you have single player/raid content you can enjoy using higher level weapons. Battle Bay is PVP only, so you need to feel more powerful somehow...

11. Kitterini

4 years is at 1 epic pr week (35 different items*6 = 210 required). So Ill admit that 4 years is probably too pessimistic. On the other hand my Rng is way below average if an average player is gaining more than 2 pr week (and thus reaching tier5 epics faster than in 2 years, assuming an even distribution).
    ---
    While its probably pointless to argue numbers against a guy with full data access, I'll admit that I cant fathom that the new system is better for players.

- Are we including the influx of people that spend 20k+ $ when finding an average?

- Are we counting epics seen in shop or epics actually bought in the old system? I could have acquired perhaps double the amount of epics (probably even more) in the old system, but back then you didnt have to spend 1.5million for an epic you didnt want. (As opposed to now where its upwards to 2.9 million pr diceroll). I.e. now you "have" to buy everything and pray, before you cherrypicked.

So yes, I probably gather more epics than before. But I also scrap the majority of them instantly.

_devill and SCOOTY PUFF Jr like this.
  12. Kitterini

So 576 days to t5 epic (if we assume even distribution). Not 2 years, but close even for the #1 hardest farming/luckiest :)

Impressive though, I've spend money and played for months before global and he has me beat in rares, while only being 18epics short.

How many games played? (If we want to pretend like this is representational)

Wishaal likes this.
  13. Miika

Miika Game Lead

That is not how the probability math goes. The average amount of items needed for 6 duplicates in a set of 35 items is 72. With 210 items you on average have received already 20 tier T5s.

Better is a highly subjective matter but purely from item influx point of view the new system is giving more items out. But it's not just the shop, for example the premium box has like 10x better chance of giving an epic than the old 50 star rare box etc. It's all about in the drop chances which determine the influx.

No. I'm looking at items gained for free.

Item gain isn't directly linked to battles played because you don't get items from battles, but roughly at 9k battle territory.

14. xBonk

xBonk Active Member

Machinist
    Wow! With those numbers I guess I'm a really bad player and should never spend on this game again...ir I can go ahead and join the ever expanding list of seal clubbers.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  15. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

tl;dr...

Matchmaking is now broken. I was in chat the other night with a mk2 shooter asking how to take down the mk5 defenders he's facing. I told him "It's not going to happen".
    I went into battle against a mk6 defender last night(?). Regardless of their skill these higher ships are still bring massive amounts of hit points, high tier weapons, and i've seen legendary items at 1500.
    All they have to do it get lucky with a legendary rail gun and it's over for that player that gets hit.

My guild leader who used to play more religiously than me said the game is bullshit and he's out. Don't know if it'll stick the way my quitting did but the last two weeks has not been good for people in my friends list.
    It sure feels like something changed.

-edit: Don't get me wrong. I don't see an easy fix because these players all have the same skill level. But a mk6 shooter is still a mk6 shooter regardless of who's piloting.

16. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

To use some personal game stats here
    Ive played 5808 battles. Joined a week or two after the global launch. Ftp.
    I come in every day for daily, quests, calendar, and star rewards/crates.
    In that time ive found 166 rares and 19 epics

Of course, the amount of epics and rares found depend a lot on how active you are (opening crates, daily playing, etc)
    One thing i know for sure is im not able to reach 75 stars a day, and only did so more towards the beginning of the game.

So i believe ive been playing for 23 weeks since global launch, thats .83 epics per week and 7.2 rares per week.

After playing for these 23 weeks, ive gotten the opportunity to make a few tier 2 epics and 1 tier 3 epic.

Elena Kr likes this.
  17. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

2017-09-21 03.37.37.png
    The last grenade just fell into my lucky lap.
    Just 9 days of training left to go:cool:

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Its matches like this that kee
    :eek:
    gimmegimmegimme!
    I got a t3 rare...

retryW and Stelmo like this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Mk1 going against mk4 here, on my duplicate account. At 230 infamy. Jeez. This game is going bad.

Community solution: I personally believe that these high mk ships come from a lack of skill and a glut of money and/or patience.
    If you find one, friend him, and either advise him or recommend him to the forums.

Riddlerpaji, _devill, Rango8 and 2 others like this.
  20. DaveRay35

DaveRay35 Active Member

I don't get it. I don't understand what people think they want from a game where one team (generally) always loses.

I must be alone in thinking the matchmaking system works fine in that it creates teams of players not by what ships or items they've managed to collect or buy but by a pretty accurate measure of their ability to use those items - namely infamy. Additionally I don't see a mismatch in ship types. Usually if they've got a fixer then we do. Sure it's never a perfect 50/50 but I'd prefer the current variability rather than waiting 5 minutes for a battle to start.

Just to go back to my original statement. People should remember that for each battle 50% of the participants lose. Losing isn't fun but it is an integral part of the game.

TheAntiSnipe, retryW and Miathan like this.