1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Torpedoes

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Potato Skin, 17 Sep 2017.

?

Buffs for torpedo

Poll closed 17 Oct 2017.
  1. 3 weapon slot

3.3%
  2. Less damage

34.4%
  3. Longer reload

3.3%
  4. No, i like seeing people suffer

59.0%
  1. Potato Skin

Potato Skin Member

Torpedoes are getting OP, do you want guys a nerf? If yes, what nerf you want?

Last edited: 17 Sep 2017
    MatCool1234 and WarCream like this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

1. Those are nerfs.
    2. #donttouchourtorpedoes

3. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Consider me quitting the game if torpedoes are nerfed. If you want to nerf their damage double their speed. If you want to make it 3 slot weapon add weapon slot to each ship. If you're going to increase their reload time double their damage.

$eeKnDe$troy likes this.
  4. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

And all those people asking for nerf why not try a simple thing.
    Try playing better.

xBonk, $eeKnDe$troy, _devill and 3 others like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

True. Torps are so well balanced that some people think they are no use at all and don't use them. Some people, well, some people know better. Knowing every weapon in the game, I say that torps are the third most satisfying weapon. To land a hit is very rewarding. But to miss is a downer.

6. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Include an option for decrease in splash damage...

Disguised and Zotah like this.
  7. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Don't nerf torps, nerf sniper crit chance/crit dmg (seriously in the late game snipers crit like 40% and do 2000+ dmg when critting)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

I keep saying this:

DO THAT GODDAMN NERF IN THE LATE GAME ONLY! DON'T DO THIS TO THE LOW LEVEL SNIPER CANNON USERS!!!

_devill likes this.
  9. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

So forum discussions are :
    99% of wanting nerf.
    1% of ideas.

*FacePalm*
    Nothing more to add.

10. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Sorry
    It's just that I hate when an epic t5 sniper (practically everybody has that in nightmare crits for 2000 and then another one and you're dead.
    But you're right, everybody wants a nerf in general discussion, go check the other sections too (offtopic and the world of battle bay) there is some cool stuff

11. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

And yet, no one wants a nerf for Explosive Cannon or Blast Cannon getting an insane amount of dmg when fired on an enemy on fire. It's consistent too.
    You think 2000 is bad ? That's almost my BC dmg. Add to that fire + critical and yes, it's insane.
    Mine spam is getting out of end. Do I want it nerf ? Nope. Its radius ? Sure it's kind of ridiculous but if the devs won't do anything, I still won't complain.
    Player want speeder go get nerfed again because, it's the most used ship ?!
    Now, it's torp ?
    What comes next ? Big shield ? I mean, why put a shield on speeder (as an example).

In nightmare league : Critical is what's needed for survival.
    The way I see it : Players get frustrated for having too OP players as opponents and want to nerf everything due to that frustration.

The game is balanced as it is. Frustration probably comes from Matchmakings.

Blood Raven, Uerguy, Zotah and 7 others like this.
  12. GimpWOLF

GimpWOLF New Member

I don't think torps need to be nerfed what they need is some type of warning sign that a torpedo has been fired. It really really bites when you are focused helping your teammates when a speeder slips in behind you fires a torp and boom you're dead or when someone has laid down a few napalm patches and players use that to hide the torpedo trails and boom you're dead. Something like the mortar warning but add a direction indicator as to where the torp is coming from would be helpful IMO.

13. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Nerf standard canon, extremely low cooldown, i want its cool down as much as railgun....

BUNTA trying to save his big torpedo lol:D:D:D

14. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Sigh..yet ANOTHER nerf thread..how about nerf EVERYTHING and just change the name to Pennywise Bay.."We alllll float"

behumble likes this.
  15. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to save my big torp but come on. Enough with nerfing everything in this game.
    Players has made it without all the nerfing. Why can't they when it's already easier.

16. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I don't see much wrong with torpedoes. I think games 'should' reward players for playing with skill. The torpedo is probably the best example of a 'skill weapon', it's hard to hit with, but if you're able to lead ships well, or sneak behind them, then you deserve to get good damage.

17. KRaZE

KRaZE New Member

i completely agree.... #handsoffmytorpedos

18. cukigram

cukigram New Member

Honestly, speaking as a speeder player, I think torpedos are very very strong, especially big torpedos.
    But as ViscountSniffit said, they require lot of skill, so of course being hit by a big torpedo is annoying, but it doesn't mean it's OP.
    I think you should stop speaking about nerf and try to play and win against torpedos ;)

19. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

I just love how torpedo is considered a skill weapon while mortar is considered as a no skill weapon:rolleyes:

20. KRaZE

KRaZE New Member

now who said that??!!!