1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Proposal for Acquiring Legendary Weapons

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by retryW, 16 Sep 2017.

1. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

So I have what I think is a pretty good proposal for the acquisition of Legendary weapon.

Currently the way it works is you get 10 item pieces from scrapping, 3900 chest, or season rewards, then you receive an item at random.

My idea is to make Legendaries similar to Epics in the following way:
    When you acquire your 10 item pieces of a particular colour, you can go to the shop, swap to the legendary tab then essentially purchase a legendary item with those parts. Similar to Epics you can only do this for the first item i.e. you cannot get duplicates this way, and will still combine the parts from your ship menu as it is now to get a random item for duplicates.

I feel this is a good idea for the following reasons:
    People like me would feel a LOT more inclined to purchase enough boxes to get a legendary, because I don't have much money, and I don't want it to feel wasted if I get a weapon I don't currently use.
    I feel this point will actually IMPROVE sales for you guys as the low-mid spender will spend more if they know they can get the weapon they want (Just not the duplicates).

It will also make Nightmare level players feel as though their hard work will pay off. Getting 10 pieces through rewards will take almost 6-months (at best) to 1.5 years (average). Finally getting 10 then receiving something you don't want will feel like months of being a good player was not worth it.

Finally there are the big spenders. This rework will not stop them from being big spenders. They will ALSO get what they want the first time, but they also have the money that they are currently happy to keep buying till they randomly get what they want because they simply can. This means they will still continue to make purchases so they can try get their duplicates.

So that's my idea. I'm a game dev myself (not that it makes my opinions any more valid) but it does mean that I've tried to think of this both subjectively as a player, and objectively as a dev/business prospective.

I believe this rework would both increase revenue and player satisfaction.

@Miika I'm interested to hear your take on this. Community, I am also keen to hear your opinions.

Note: I wrote this on my phone at 8am, so sorry for any mistakes or ramblings.

2. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Or just put more epic pieces in the shop when you start climbing leagues

PepeButtCrack and CARRONADE like this.
  3. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

How do Epic pieces affect Legendary purchasing ?

4. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    He just thinks he has to comment on everything because he is *The smartest person on the forums because everyone else is wrong no matter what* guy

5. ThatOnion

Gamer
    But i do agree with the idea, one of the rare ideas on this forum that actually has thought put into it

Mr. Chompers and retryW like this.
  6. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Even if that's the case. I'd like to not start anything like that. I want this to be purely on topic discussion so the devs actually take my post seriously. I believe it's a good idea with decent logic behind it.

Thanks. That's what I was going for :)

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  7. ThatOnion

Gamer
    I just had to get it out

8. BasedCarpen

Misread your OP

9. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Haha all good; makes sense :p It was a big wall of text.

Last edited: 16 Sep 2017
    Nikkie! and The Otherguy like this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Please explain, how? What will be the excange rate, if that's what it is?

11. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I see enough legendary big torps flying at me. No thank you

12. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

The exact same as it is now.
    10 parts makes a legendary. You know how in the shop, Epics have 3000 pearl buy price, then it goes blank once you own 1 of that item.
    Same with Legendaries. Currently there are no buttons on the Legendary screen. Add a purchase button for 10 parts of that colour, then once bought, the button is gone again and you can only get them through combining from your ship menu like you do now to get duplicates

Mr. Chompers and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Honestly it would probably make more people spend. This is a great idea for both parties. Hope they give it some thought.

14. BasedCarpen

I think the devs like legendarys being super rare unobtainable pay for items, it sucks but we are playing for free even with ads for bonuses. What keeps me playing is knowing people are competing at the highest levels without purchasing legendaries with high tier rare or mid tier epic. It would be nice if epics were more obtainable at higher levels, it would keep people who don't buy weapons from reaching an "end game" point like Bittersteel was suggesting.

Mr. Chompers, Jdm7 and The Otherguy like this.
  15. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

That's the thing though, they're not THAT rare anymore. I see them almost every second game and that's at 2k infamy. Like I said this doesn't just improve the situation for people who want to pay. It significantly improved the situation for free to play players, as when they finally collect 10 pieces, they will be rewarded with an item they actually want.

16. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

Legendary items are great I suppose, but honestly I could care less about ever getting one. At this point it is hard enough to find dups for rare and epic items. I couldn't even imagine trying to upg a legendary item. I'm a lvl 31 just trying to get a tier 5 Blast C and tier 2 epic firebomb. I'm way behind the curve I guess and I do spend on occasion I'm just not willing to drop $1000's, sorry....

The Otherguy and Mamamyers like this.
  17. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Once again this post isn't to improve Legendaries for paying players. It improves the situation for F2P people more than it does for paying players, but would make it better for ALL players most importantly

18. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Anymore if I see a t1 leg I'm not worried because half the people I play have t5 epics which are more powerful. I don't see the harm in allowing a player to have a bunch of chosen t1 legs they paid for

Mr. Chompers, Zotah and retryW like this.
  19. BasedCarpen

Agreed. Epic items are too difficult to acquire, there should be rare and epic star crates, maybe 40 and 60 stars each

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Now I get it... Good idea. Power to the people...