1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

MK6s in 1500s?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by AnikaitD, 7 Sep 2017.

1. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, grinding away and earning the captain levels to upgrade to a mk 5 ship is easier than finding decent duplicate items. So it's actually really "normal" for a free to play player to have mk5 and be under 1k-1.5k infamy. Doesn't make them a seal clubber or infamy dropper. Just makes them a F2P player who is struggling. Most of those mk 5 low Infamy players will only have T1 epics (maybe) and T3 rares as their top items. So maybe realise that it's not as unfair as you seem to think. Ship level and captain level should NEVER be a way to judge where a players infamy should be.

mammoth1946 and The Otherguy like this.
  2. Syla5

Syla5 Active Member

It seems some people find it easier to believe that the majority of people are maliciously dropping infamy then believe the simple fact that all it takes to upgrade ships is time and not effort.

EyeOfDoom and Mr squiqqle like this.
  3. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

What action should be taken against this? You can't punish players for not being very good and naturally sitting in low infamy.

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

And the problem with this is, because everyone made such a big deal out of Infamy droppers, getting reported for having a high level ship could have consequences like a game ban, even if you've done nothing wrong, just because a bunch of people who HAVEN'T invested as much time to get to mk5 have reported for supposed infamy dropping

5. SlAyEr

SlAyEr Active Member

I said below 1k.. nd I don't judge people on infamy. But if u don't want to believe some mk5s r that low intentionally. It's fine

6. SlAyEr

SlAyEr Active Member

Nd if u report a person nd he isn't seal clubber.. one who is reporting gets banned.. right?

7. SlAyEr

SlAyEr Active Member

If I report someone nd he ain't what he's being reported for, then I should get a ban . Right!?

8. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Here's a prime example of what IS going on..this is being done by MANY players..
    What are you going to do about ALL the players who do this Devs?..
    Screenshot_20170917-012438.png Screenshot_20170917-012010.png Screenshot_20170917-012026.png Screenshot_20170917-012038.png Screenshot_20170917-012125.png Screenshot_20170917-012426.png

SlAyEr and Elena Kr like this.
  9. Syla5

Syla5 Active Member

1 player doesn't many are doing it, also this appears to be a limited very low infamy, maybe the devs need to consider a sliding scale of infamy to drop before rewards are cut.

Also I hope you reported this in game as well?!

@Zeus @Miika one for your guys to review.

10. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Yes..this is just an example of what IS going on. I have neither the time or inclination to post everytime I see this in chat.
    Yes..no doubt there's a small number of players who have paid to upgrade to mk5 and are low infamy..BUT the amount of players who HAVE intentionally dropped outweighs them hugely.

Yes..I reported this player through chat report..what good was that?..no good at all because the Devs only check reports if said player is reported multiple times.

Players are quitting because of what is going on..mk2/3 going against mk5 is just ridiculous..I've even chatted with some top infamy players who have spent a lot on here..they're also considering quitting due to lack of new content/players intentionally losing AND the ridiculous matchmaking..Waveblower has already quit because if this.
    Matchmaking based on infamy SHOULD work..but it doesn't..because infamy is manipulated by players who intentionally lose either by floating(now rare)..or by doing minimal damage before suiciding..OR like T Pro..who was cheating to reach top spot(now rightly banned).

Anyways..I give up posting/reporting sealclubbers as it's a complete waste of time.
    If you want to see what a complete mess it is at 1000 and below..take up my challenge I've offered to the Devs..and ANYONE who doesn't believe what is going on..
    ..start a new account..play for 3 months..THEN tell me what you think.

Rovio have made a great game..but lack of new content AND the stubborness to accept that there ARE problems with sealclubbers..WILL drive a lot of players away.

11. ajlstar

ajlstar New Member

How about the mk5 shooters with teir 4 blast cannon any big Berta's at 500 inf while most ships don't have a their 2 weap on the mk 2-3 ships

Last edited: 19 Sep 2017
  12. SlAyEr

SlAyEr Active Member

Well known members, u r nowhere to be seen now.. we may be low on infamy but we all want improvements in this game.. higher mks with tier 3+ weapons below 1k is really ridiculous.
    Devs do something about it

13. SlAyEr

SlAyEr Active Member

14. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

So I've been thinking about this for some time...I have a couple ideas to fix some of the things I see...
    1. You can only enter into battles with players in the same league...or perhaps further sub-league..III, II, I (Fleeting has same limitations)
    2. You can only face ships the same MK. (as the league limit)
    3. League limits - in Challenger you can only use T1 weapons, MK1 ships, // Warrior T2 weapons, MK2 ships and so on.. (Maybe new leagues are needed to accommodate this idea?)
    *once you earn the last win in your league (Ex. Challenger. earned 501 pts.) You have the option to unlock the next league and upgrade to MK2 ship/T2 items...but you can't compete in the next league until you have T2 weapons and an MK2 ship. (Yes, I realize this is probably ridiculous but it's an idea)
    ***players can still grind away, or peal it up from T1 to T2 items once acquired they can put them on the MK2 ship and viola you're off for the first match in the next league.
    ***once you move to the next league you "CANNOT" drop into a lower league to fight....you CAN drop in INFAMY and fall from one "SUB-LEAGUE" to the next but never to Challenger once you've entered Warrior.

I think that will fix some of the frustrations that lead to cheating...yeah some will exploit regardless...but this would probably ease up some of the tensions felt by players who rise up only to drop cause they face whales.
    I don't have an answer for where rarity of types of weapons fall but I'll leave that to those who hate this idea. :)

15. disorder

disorder Active Member

i cried about this (even created a thread)

but seen something that really disturb me...
    made a 2nd account...
    i've reached 800 infamy with mk2, so fighting against MK4-mk5... impossible to win...
    now i'm at 800 infamy and just up to mk4... it's already difficult to win... in fact my stuff was good at MK2 but is horrible at MK4...
    so before report a player, look at his quality of item.

16. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

The devs make new accounts from time to time. If there really was a big problem it would be addressed. Maybe that's why the updates taking so long to come out lol

17. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

a guildmate just ssd me an mk7 shooter at 800 infamy =)

18. SlAyEr

SlAyEr Active Member

Buy some players r very gud. Mk3 in 1200-1300s. What about themselves. Mk3 fixers in 1500+..any idea what will happen to them

19. SlAyEr

SlAyEr Active Member

@Zeus @Bennunator @Pinecone @Mr squiqqle
    This guy played with speeder. Used only level 1 common nd uncommon mine.
    Don't say now that he selected wrong ship.
    What's with that..dropping intentionally imo

Attached Files:

20. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

Try to understand not everyone is an amazing gamer..I was merely throwing out ideas that may level the playing field...technically it makes it more challenging for everyone as they would be locked into the same tier. You would face opponents with similar capabilities so the match outcome would be more based on skills anyway and/or teamwork. A button could always be added like "advanced mode" or "expert" in which you could use lower equipment or MKs against bigger ships and stronger equipment for better loot. Again they were ideas....they probably won't get implemented so you have nothing to worry about. I know lots of players that have similar equipment like mine and they can magically soar to 1.3k infamy (not everyone can do this). This doesn't really penalize the good players it just makes it more enjoyable for the fair to average player.