1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

POLL: Which ships need buffs? [Poll restarted]

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Joey who, 14 Sep 2017.

?

Which boats need buffs?

1. Shooter

9.8%
  2. Speeder

23.5%
  3. Enforcer

11.8%
  4. Defender

51.0%
  5. Fixer

43.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Tesla Wall (Blue 2 slots)
    • Thrown like a mine.
    • Puts up a blue tesla wall too high for mines/grenades to be thrown over.
    • Works like tesla shield, but if broken, stuns all (friendly) ships for 5 sec.
    • Ships can pass through, along with torps.
    • Is very transparent, but still easily noticeable.
    • Low enough for all mortars to pass over.
    • Blocks ALL shots, friendly fire also does dmg.

2. FALCO

FALCO Active Member

WHO TF VOTED FOR SHOOTER AND SPEEDER
    Was it as a joke? Or do u actually think they need buffs??

Earel and Joey who like this.
  3. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Spongeboat and DoomLord777
    And, depending on your pespective, they do need buffs, just very, very small ones.
    And
    Voted for low lvl speeder.

4. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

2 devs voted enforcer, I'm going to be disappointed if no enforcer buff next update :(

Earel, Ultrah and The Otherguy like this.
  5. ajlstar

ajlstar New Member

I have all 5 ship at mk5 and a second account and i can honestly say all ship need a buff : speeder mk1,fixer mk2,shooter mk2 ,defender mk4,and a heavy buff to enforcer mk5(but for real the thing has the health of a speeder,speed of a defender,and 3 1-slot weapons:( while the shooter and defender can hold 2 2-slot and have room for one slots.yellow item are broken but not that broken o_O.

Nashav and Babablacksheep like this.
  6. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Too underpowered. It doesn't block mortars, doesn't block torpedoes, it blocks friendly shots, and it can stun the entire friendly team. What you just created is the ultimate troll item. Please no.

Edit:
    What this would look like in practice:
    Whole team is gathered around the Fixer, forming the invincible Fixer-ball! Defender puts a wall up. All mid-air fire, including our own, immediately gets cancelled, immediately destroying the wall and stunning all of us. Random Bigpedo blows us up.

Alternatively:
    Defender puts a wall up just for himself and our Fixer. It doesn't do anything, since the enemy starts rolling out the mortars. In an attempt to escape, a random Bigpedo blows them up.

Alternatively:
    Defender is trolling and drops a wall right in front of our Fixer. All of Fixer's heals are cancelled (since they can't penetrate neutral walls). Fixer is about to ragequit, but a random Bigpedo flies through the wall and blows him up.

You might see what I'm getting at.

Last edited: 15 Sep 2017
    Iunch and The Otherguy like this.
  7. Joey who

Tesla shield doesn't block friendly shots does it?

8. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

It normally doesn't, but he said this wall takes damage from friendly fire.

9. Joey who

Ah, I see :p

10. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Its Very transparent. And friendly torps/mortars can go over/under as well...

11. Padres

Padres Member

Larping
    I'm at mk5 enforcer and I am looking for a different ship now because the MK5 enforcer is too weak with fire power for the HP it is given plus it is too slow.

If you put all mk5 ships in a Battle with only the weapons it can hold, the enforcer would be the first ship sunk. Of course besides the fixer but the fixer doesn't count for this battle.

Babablacksheep and The Otherguy like this.
  12. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

What I was talking about when I said a physical shield, meant something that blocks everything including torpedoes, frosts, teslas, and mortars. It can't have the same weaknesses as the Tesla Shield, otherwise Defender doesn't have a reason to use it.

The Otherguy likes this.
  13. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Its hit points would start in the 500s for a rare...

14. Padres

Padres Member

Larping
    Fixers aren't for 1v1 so yea of course they will lose. The heals are crazy. If you don't have a fixer and the other team has a mk5 fixer they will win 90% of the time unless you have a really good team or that fixer just sucks.

The Otherguy likes this.
  15. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I see fixers as a liability ( except some good fixer which are very rare of course) and fixer are always 1v1 because they are last surviving ship, most of the time I spent with fixer I was 90% times 1v1 and that is where you get the actual comparison of ships.

16. Padres

Padres Member

Larping
    A fixer vs an enforcer 1v1 that fixer can fix itself almost faster then you can do damage to kill it. I think fixers still need a healing nerf. Fix the fixers weapon slots but then the heals will have to be nerfed.

17. Padres

Padres Member

Larping
    I'm not sure which ship I want to go with because the enforcer gets me max 2300 infamy last season and that's the highest I've gotten. Which ship would you recommend?

18. Shadow Moon!

Are you kidding me? Fixer till mk5 have one weapon slot dead ship agility useless speed. A capable enforcer can always dodge any attack because of its incredible ship agility and turret. Self heal nerf of fixer almost killed the class. Fixer will never win a 1v1 battle with any ship atm because others can deal more damage than fixer can heal itself.

19. Shadow Moon!

Depends on your play style I was a fixer till 1800 ish infamy but after that I found it useless as people tend to work alone and don't follow teams rather they don't believe in team work. I changed to speeder post 1800 infamy.

20. Shadow Moon!

Also take into account the heal nerfs yellow items bring. Frost -50% Stun means no healing and enforcer surely has one of those items and there is only one counter to that, that is the bolt which you cannot hit yourself so enfo vs fixer will always end maybe not in some cases in enforcers favour.