1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Legendary Railgun

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Clintastic, 27 Jul 2017.

?

For a legendary railgun should I go for Cooldown or Dmg Perks?

1. Cooldown

2. Damage

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jennyfur3810

Jennyfur3810 Active Member

And cool down for epic, just so you know :)

Attached Files:

Clintastic likes this.
  2. ID•IllIlIllI

ID•IllIlIllI Member

3. Clintastic

Clintastic Member

Thank You Jennifer!

4. Clintastic

Clintastic Member

Ok Guys! If anyone is interested... I have done some extensive number crunching and double checked it... Its actually very interesting the results.

Regardless of your training or tier or type... The results on this stand.
    For Uncommon Perks on Railgun you will always get more DPS by using COOLDOWN Perks
    For Rare Perks on a Railgun you will always get more DPS by using DAMAGE Perks
    with that being said the difference in DPS is not large and that alone is not always the best indicator for your specific play style. But I thought it was good info to Have!
    I can do the math with the Epic Perks as soon as I get the DMG perk info for Railgun. Hope this helps!

TTrain, _devill and The Otherguy like this.
  5. troy0619

troy0619 New Member

game progress similar to games like Star Wars Commander is quite slow. I understand they want us to pay but wow...

6. Clintastic

Clintastic Member

Wow just got the Epic Perk Info and did the math...
    For Epic Perks on Railgun you will always get more DPS by using COOLDOWN Perks.
    Interestingly this has the largest Gap in DPS as well. The gap Grows as your Railgun improves. For my Legendary LVL 10 the difference is
    83.37 for DMG perks
    85.91 for COOLDOWN Perks.
    Hope this helps!

7. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    I have a T4 Legendary and don't use a single cool down perk on it. They offer such a tiny decrease that I'd rather have the damage. Now I only use this on a MK 7 (6 is the same) because it offers me 5 slots. So cool down isn't a factor since i have 4 other weapons to utilize while it's "reloading".

It's a super hard weapon to use. It is a direct line-of-sight weapon that has no arc. So if a wave pops up in the distance, it can ruin your shot. It also does a decreased amount of damage up close. But when you do end up scoring a direct hit at full strength... ain't nothing like it. :)

TTrain likes this.
  8. Clintastic

Clintastic Member

ohh I agree with that last statement! especially if you nail a speeder from across the map... Nothing quite beats that feeling in my book.
    I can see how having other weapons would most certainly lean you toward the DMG perk. For me its half of my weapons, haha and using all Cool down seems to make a big enough difference to be noticed. I've gotten my Railgun down to 19 seconds. Even as I'm typing it those 3 seconds don't seems like a lot, but I feel it when that speeder is about to crest that wave and my railgun is ready just in time.
    Ill go Dmg perks as soon as I see them in the store but for some reason all I'm getting is cool down. And for now I don't mind.

9. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    I once shot and killed a speeder in mid-air with my sniper. It was beautiful.

I one-shot killed Captain Pi from across the map with my Rail. That was awesome. He must have been so pissed. haha.

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. Clintastic

Clintastic Member

Have you ever seen your hit be higher than your Max? I know they don't Crit but My DMG is 1583 right now and I Just this morning hit someone for 1750. So there must be some bonus Dmg if its really far away right?

11. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    I don't really pay attention to damage scores while i'm playing.

12. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    @Miika said there is a random, up to 10% + / - tacked on...

Clintastic and American Marauder like this.
  13. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Well if I have both my missiles on, which have epic damage boost perks, with my training, my railgun does 3324. Love the idea of getting an extra 10% :)

TTrain and The Otherguy like this.
  14. TTrain

TTrain Member

Such an awesome thread! I love it! I just got my first Legendary and it happened to be Rail Gun. And while I have never been a Rail user, I am slowly but surely getting the hang of it and this thread is extremely helpful and useful!

This is pretty much exactly what I was gonna say, and I couldn't have said it any better myself!

I'm sure most of you know but for anyone that doesn't or is a new Rail user this is what I have found and helped me so far.....
    As a new Rail user personally I think the "direct line-of-sight weapon" aspect is one of the biggest factors that I have had to get used, in becoming successful with this weapon. I have found that patience and time are critical in determining how successful you are using this weapon. While you don't want to wait for the "Perfect" shot, or else you'll rarely ever take a shot, you want to be patient enough and wait till where your path is clear and time it with the waves then fire when your cross-hair is green (obviously). Just don't wait forever trying to get a shot off but also wait long enough where you know you're gonna land the shot. And if you're trying to aim and get a shot off but a wave is preventing direct line-of-sight, just switch to another weapon and land a shot with that. Then switch back to your Rail, and hopefully and usually by then you'll have a direct line-of-sight shot, then just blast that fool with a light speed, deadly cloud of pink electrified ball of death to his face!!! :eek::confused:;):p:cool:

If anyone has any tips or advice for using the Rail Gun, and can help me get better with it and eventually perfect my Rail skills, I'd love to hear it!
    Thank You!
    TTrainn

Clintastic and American Marauder like this.