1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

only one kind of mine...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by - Oskar -, 11 Sep 2017.

1. - Oskar -

- Oskar - Well-Known Member

My doubt is simple, why is there only one kind of mine? We have several types of guns, several types of mortars, and even three types of torpedoes ... but only one type of mine. I think it would be a good idea to create a couple more weapons based on the mines, for example a mine that freezes(1slot), a small group of small mines(2slots), something that give more options for the control of the map. thanks.

2. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Ugh no

wreck your day, Cyn and Iunch like this.
  3. - Oskar -

- Oskar - Well-Known Member

jajaja I knew don´t gone be popular idea but It´s logic...and look I´m the first player eating mines, I die half of the times for mines and the other half normally is brizo with his torpedo XDDD
    But still for me illogic the speeder can come to the group kill one o two players and run, let the bandage work and comeback for other two...speeder bay. Wherever I start to upgrade my speeder... like many players.

4. FALCO

FALCO Active Member

Pls we have enough weapons lets try and find some blue yellow and green items

5. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Enough of mines please give us something that defuses mines.

TheAntiSnipe and _devill like this.
  6. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

You can always sail into it to defuse it;)

7. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Definitely I could but just don't let it sink me when I am rushing in for a kill:p

Wishaal likes this.
  8. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

There's also only one kind of missiles.
    (and I don't want more of that either) :)

Wishaal likes this.
  9. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

I don't want any kinds of new weapons. I want NEW CONTENT!
    New items will not force me to play 100 battles a day like I did about 2 month ago...

10. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I posted this in my random ideas thread, but since no-one reads it, here.
    1. Tesla Mine (yellow 1 slot)
    • A mine that does no dmg, but stuns, slows, and basically immobilizes the enemy that triggered it. (no-one else)
    It's yellow, cause we have ENOUGH weapons. It's hard enough to get duplicates as it is!

11. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

hope we can shoot mines

12. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

I think simple mine does a lot of damage itself.....There is no need of other types of mine as different kind of weapons are already there.

13. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

There is only one carronade
    Yet the training states that it affects all carronades. This makes it sound like there should be more. Same is true for mines, it also says all mines.
    But yeah any extra item reduces the chance to get duplicates.

14. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

What do you mean? The way people lob mines is already the act of shooting. I'm curious to see this in real life and how they are armed and detonated the way Battle Bay logic does.

JustPlainSowad and Shadow Moon! like this.
  15. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

I think he means shoot to diffuse

16. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

Sure there is! There is a mine that can heal you! It's called a repair box! :p

17. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Adding more and more stuff to games just for the sake of it, is usually a mistake, at least in terms of design. The best games are the ones that strip away all the unnecessary pointless stuff, so that they can focus on what's fun. TBH BB probably doesn't even need the weapons it has already. Do we really need so many different mortars? AND a big berta? They're kind of all the same.

Mines serve a purpose in the game: aside from the occasional lucky hit, you can throw them around to close off certain areas. For example, mining a tunnel to protect one of your flanks.

Adding more 'different types' of mines, doesn't really add anything to the game, you just have two items that do 'essentially' the same thing.

Personally, I find mines a bit difficult and underwhelming. It takes a really long time to mine an area with just one (time that you could have spent shooting), and if you spam mines then you also sacrifice a lot of slots and consequently firepower.

I think I prefer the idea of cluster mines. Being able to throw out a group of 3, but having a very long cool down. That would make it easier to strategically mine an area, without it taking you out of the game too much. That might make mines a bigger part of the overall game strategy, rather than just a weird annoyance.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Maybe a drop mine for when people chase you. One yellow slot. Drops behind you and detonates in 2 seconds