1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Using rail guns..

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by monobrow, 10 May 2017.

1. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me what the number is when using a railgun please?
    Is it chance to hit? Power level? Something else?

Thanks

2. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

It's the power. The more distance between you and your target, the higher the damage.

3. Gillion

Gillion Member

The number is the percent of weapons damage it will deal to the target at your current distance. The closer you get to your target the less damage it will deal.

4. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

The number means how many % of the maximum damage you will deal from current shooting distance. Railgun damage will decrease the closer you go, so it's best used from a distance. :)

5. HungryMan

HungryMan New Member

Wow did not know that...I was so excited when I got a rare rail gun yesterday...this makes it less effective

Ultrah likes this.
  6. Gillion

Gillion Member

Railgun is a very powerful weapon at higher levels but is extremely underwhelming until you get it leveled up, train most of its talents which increases its damage by 50% and get the increased damage perks. Until then I would use sniper cannon as it will be more reliable.

7. Kelemvor

Kelemvor Member

At what range is it at 100%? How does it compare to the Sniper Canon? The Rail Gun doesn't have a Range listed in its stats...

8. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

It doesn't show range but I'd say 100% is at around at 10-15 range?

Sniper vs railgun comparison:

Sniper:
    -has an arc (very low, will hit waves often)
    -chance to crit
    -low damage but crit chance can make up for it (inconsistent)
    -average cooldown
    -does not increase/decrease damage depending on range
    -extra damage to burning targets
    -1 slot

Railgun:
    -no arc (will hit waves a lot)
    -very slow cooldown
    -very high damage (consistant)
    -no chance to crit
    -no extra damage to burning enemies
    -infinite range
    -2 slots

Last edited: 5 Sep 2017
  9. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Don't cannons need perks or Bhurt(?) training for and extra damage to burning targets?

10. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Yea but you get a 10% early on in bhurt training which I'm sure 95% of players choose over the other option for that bhurt level

11. fr4nk1yn

Other option is 10% blast cannon. I took that.
    The 2nd time it shows up I think it goes against 5% crate.

12. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

im trying to evolve my rare rail gun till t3 as of not is waiting to be evolve to t2 due to crew skill time training lets say its damage as of now is 400 and i shoot it from a far long range and it hits te enemy what would be its damage? also 400? or more?

and what if i shoot it on point blank or close range? what would be its damage? 400? or less? i want to know before i invest time and gold on it i'll be using it on my defender

13. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

I think the lowest it goes is 30% percent damage, but I'm not sure.

14. fr4nk1yn

I think that would be a bad weapon on a defender. You only have 2 or 3 spots and it has an insane cool down.

15. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

Defenders are better with cannons and torps, railgun is not a good idea because defenders are supposed to go into close combat

Joey who and The Otherguy like this.
  16. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I use railgun , in some stages like subzero and crash n burn its pretty difficult to HIT because of wave mechanics you will likely miss it(UNLESS YOU ARE bittersteel). Also the damage reduction being as low upto 33% when facing closer enemies. Its more of an opportunistic weapons(because of extremely straight projectile and high cooldown) , you can't look out for opportunities yourself to shoot it because probably it will get you killed. If you are planning to use, i advice you practice on defender first, its much easier on defender to risk HP to hit it(i tried at 2.8k infamy, got 6k damage almost every match). And also its good(not the best) counter against speeders (i almost get a hit with 30% damage reduction{so around 70% damage, sorry edited it, my bad} to enclosing speeder). So i like it as fifth weapon choice for my shooter, always ready to shoot, granted the opportunity. All stages that mortar spammers hate 1) drop dead gorge 2) fight house 3)crude awakening (in short all except non ice stages and crash n burn) have much lesser waves, more suitable for railgun. As applicable for all the weapons, the poor defender is easiest to hit:p.

Although i would like what more experienced nightmare players think,because currently i miss 25-30% of shots lol, started using 10 days ago

My current railgun lvl 30 does 855 damage with 3 rare dmg perks.1 crew perk away to get 20% more damage

Last edited: 12 Sep 2017
    The Otherguy likes this.