1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

MK6s in 1500s?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by AnikaitD, 7 Sep 2017.

1. AnikaitD

AnikaitD New Member

Screenshot_20170907-141321.png Screenshot_20170906-095253.png I've seen mk6s at least 5 times now in the 1500 infamy range, and I'm shocked. Not only because they are so low with a high mk ship, but 4/5 times I saw a mk 6, the team it was on lost. How can someone suck so much?
    View attachment 4372 View attachment 4372

Elena Kr and The Otherguy like this.
  2. FALCO

FALCO Active Member

They lose on purpose

Why? You may ask
    Not even god or any supernatural being can answet that
    (Supernatural being = devs)

Elena Kr and Turbocat000 like this.
  3. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's because it's way easier to earn stars + gold after tanking many games on purpose. The developers need to rethink the reward ratios by giving people incentive to play harder games at higher infamies.

Taevion0 likes this.
  4. Syla5

Syla5 Active Member

It seems we forget that the only things you really need to get to mk6 ships is time and sugar.

To rise in infamy you also need to improve your gear to compete and to have an element of skill.

Both the mk6's in the screenshot above have what appears to be pretty low level gear, so overall power wise they are not going to be the same as the mk6 boats in the 3.5k+ infamy range.

The longer the game is out for the more this will be seen.

5. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

You're a few months late posting this. There are heavy penalties in place for dropping infamy, your rewards are set to zero if you go down too far on purpose.

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

iirc the limit to kickstart the penalty is 800 infamy, which is already a large limit for most tankers to play with without getting punished, while still being able to sealclub

7. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

I'll say it right now. The game punished me this week! I was almost down 800 points. I can see how it's possible to get so far down.
    I was in games with no clear way to victory. Not just me playing badly but the whole team just being decimated.

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. Ow Stop It

Ow Stop It Member

Yep. When you play a Peekaboo Shooter with 13,000 Mortars and all you do is Lob em over a rock, you're not going to learn a great deal skills wise and be able to move up.

There's also another option, albeit more rare...could just be someone who doesn't play much but keeps his training really active to get his levels up.

9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Does anyone else find it ironic that Rovio clearly have an idea of what a player's infamy "should be", yet they don't use that system for calculating what it actually is?

It's pretty difficult to keep up your training if you don't play: you run out of sugar really quickly. And sugar is surprisingly expensive to buy, for a resource that most people can't get rid of fast enough.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  10. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Yes, I've said that someplace else. You can't possibly have a mk6 ship, and I saw one player that had all mk6 ships, unless you are actively playing. I can't get enough gold to buy upgrades to weapons yet alone upgrade to a mk5 shooter.

11. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

And there are Mk5's in the 500-700 range.

12. SlAyEr

SlAyEr Active Member

There is nothing like that.. devs won't do anything.

13. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Eh, yes there is, people have posted plenty of screenshots on these forums of getting zero rewards.

14. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

You can pay ur way to mk7, u can pay ur way to t5 legendary, who's to say this guy didn't spend all his money on lvling? He's got the weapons for the infamy he is at...he wouldn't stand a chance in the 3k+range going against 4k players...love how ppl go straight to blaming someone for infamy dropping when u don't know....i had a mk5 stuck at 800ish all because of the weapons i chose to use...nvr once have i tried to drop inf

15. Aamos

Aamos New Member

Happened to me also. I've been around 1600 infamy last couple seasons and somehow managed to climb almost to 2000 infamy this season, it happened fast, just couple days.
    Then just as suddenly as I climbed up I start to loose and came down to 1450. No matter what I did I just kept loosing battle after battle.

Now it seems that loosing ended and I'm back at around 1700 infamy. But that 800 infamy drop wasn't that far and it sure wasn't intentional.

16. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Yep..by players who have intentionally dropped infamy to farm resources..but they "didn't know" that losing on purpose in a team game would be punished. Funny how they find the forum to complain AFTER it happens though.
    No matter what anyone says..even the Devs..there IS a large amount of players intentionally dropping..they KNOW how much they can drop before playing to win.
    Yes..a few posts from sealclubbers moaning about getting no rewards anymore..but there's a lot more posts about seeing mk5 below 1000 infamy..or mk5/6 doing 200-300 damage before dying.
    A more recent tactic for sealclubbers is to use mk5/6 boat and use low lvl weapons..if you've played long enough to get mk5/6 you've played long enough to acquire better weapons than commons.

_devill likes this.
  17. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

Yes, but nothing beats the feeling of a hard won victory or even loss at higher than your normal infamy levels. For example I went against and worked with Bittersteel and they were one of the most exhilarating games I have ever played. The seal clubbers may be picking on lower level people but will never know what it is to feel like to be in the heat of battle. :D

_devill likes this.
  18. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Neither will the lower level players who play to win and ARE trying to climb the infamy ladder..only to be constantly dragged back down because of seal clubbers and intentional suiciders.
    Many people will/have quit..not because of boredom..but because they've realised how futile it is.

_devill likes this.
  19. SlAyEr

SlAyEr Active Member

I don't see any action being taken by devs. I still see mk5s below 1k

20. SlAyEr

SlAyEr Active Member

Finally, a post supporting mine ... Nd I agree