1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Which is worse playing against

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by BasedCarpen, 11 Sep 2017.

?

Which is worse playing against

1. Mortar spam

56.5%
  2. Torpedo spam

30.4%
  3. Mine spam

13.0%
  1. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

2. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

I hate torpedo spams, especially when you're being flanked and you just can't see them coming. Boom! Dead.

Babablacksheep and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Mines obviously as I'm speeder and I have close range weapons mine shitters makes it damn hard to get close. And damn when they explode unexpectedly and take 500-600 hp away.

_devill likes this.
  4. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Mortar spam? No issue. Everybody around the 3000 infamy knows how to counter that.

Mine spamming? Good for them, they just sacrificed a weapon slot only to hope for a lucky hit. (Me in a nutshell). Anyway, no big deal if enemy does that.

Torpedo spamming... Not a direct issue for me... But for some reason my teammates always have a weird fetish for torpedo's. And it just sucks if they are sailing close to me. Even if they are not near me, it kinda sucks seeing your teammates die before we even spotted the enemy.

Last edited: 11 Sep 2017
  5. Shadow Moon!

Avoiding torpedoes is easy just keep safe distance from walls and team. I hate when my team mate bro hugs me and eats big torp taking me to half hp.

MatCool1234, Cyn and Riddlerpaji like this.
  6. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

I voted mortar spam only because I know it's a problem for players under 2000 infamy. Other than that I agree with everything you wrote.

MatCool1234 and ThatOnion like this.
  7. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    None of the above.

8. Shadow Moon!

There should a option everything above or I hate spamming

9. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I can answer you that, i m mortar user so i found this weird too, the complaints about torpedo. TORPEDO spamming is the worst because

1)Because when i shifted to all canons no mortars in enforcer it became extremely difficult for me to see forthcoming torpedo (tell me if i wrong you use your mortar view to check surroundings and shift to sniper view for taking the shot)

2)The big torpedo has an radius which almost unpredictable, and if you are playing with some obstacles aside and speeder ready to fire the big torp its a nightmare

3) defenders with all canon(because of reason stated above) users can't escape all the torps and the radius big torpedo has make other ships vulnerable too,because of large size and slow speed...

Trust me i tried all the ships i m taking about and all at 2.5k-3k infamy range

Wishaal likes this.
  10. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Torpedo spam. Mortars I can dodge and minimize the hurt, but the big torpedo seems to have an AOE blast so huge I can be a time zone away and still take damage.

MatCool1234 and Babablacksheep like this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I know one more spam...incendiary!!!
    Imagine, you and your teammates are going 'round chillzone and BOOM! Fire and napalm! Guys, it breaks up a team formation like nothing else.

12. Battle Bay Scrub

Battle Bay Scrub Member

Why is mortar spam at <2k infamy an issue again? I'm in that range (~1700), I've only been playing for about 2 months and i hardly ever see it except on chill zone and even then mortars barely deal any damage unless you're standing in the middle of the blast (which is such a small size).

I'd rather shower in mortar fire and only take 100-200 damage per hit than have to hug a torpedo or mine.

Wishaal likes this.
  13. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

Napalm-spam can be horrible. Enemy had 4 napalms in a fight recently. There was not a single spot nearby not on fire or covered by a red target.
    You get split up, constantly running and don't see shit. Add a few torps to the mixture, and you got a recipe for losing.

14. disorder

disorder Active Member

why not some frost launcher? ^^

Cpt Obvious likes this.
  15. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

That's really evil man.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  16. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Slow roasted, to bring out that extra-salty flavor!

A55A51N and Ian like this.
  17. FALCO

FALCO Active Member

Lets just push them into a corner and then surround them with mines so they cant leave the corner

18. :Beardman:

:Beardman: Active Member

I think torpeods should show the blast radius shortly before impact. Would allow you to see if your gonna get splash. Also with splash, Why do ya get hit of your out of the "shown" blast radius of some weapons?

19. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Can't really tell where it's going to explode until it does; you never know if that teammate is going to speed by for the free hug.

Could be lag compensation, or possibly the improved AOE from perks/talents isn't being properly rendered on the big red kill zones.

20. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

I was actually curious about this as well, until I saw a dev answer. The displayed target is the splash as it would be the moment the round is fired. Due to the movement of the waves, it lands differently than the prediction shows, so the actual splash radius will be slightly different than the highlighted area in some instances.

On topic, mortar spam in general is just obnoxious. It may not always be the most lethal, but between that and firebombs, it's certainly the most disruptive. Torp spam is a close second on the annoying scale for me, though.