1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

So... I Previously Found a MK5 Fixer at 600 infamy... Now Explain This:

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by fr4nk1yn, 4 Sep 2017.

1. disorder

disorder Active Member

i search in my log for find it :(
    yes it was a p2W, (impossible to get leg at early stage without pay)

2. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Maybe infamy awards something like this:
    Winners Get a Minimum of +12 Infamy (+12 for a ZERO damage floater)
    Losers Start At -24 Infamy Loss (-24 for a Zero Damage floater)

Then from there, On the Winning Team:
    Top Damage dealer gets +2 Infamy bonus
    Above Average Damage Dealers Gets +8 Infamy
    Average Damage Dealer gets +5 Infamy
    Below Average Damage gets +3 Infamy
    2 Point Bonus for Each Ship Kill
    (special formula needs to be used for fixers) (for this method, the top damage dealer on the winning team, with 3 ship kills, could get upto: +28 infamy, and the average damage dealers might get +15 to +24 infamy.) This would discourage floating, and also the ship kill bonus would not be bad, I think it would encourage "focus firing", in hopes your shot gets the kill)

For the losing team:
    Top Damage Dealer gets +1 infamy bonus
    Above Average gets +5 infamy
    Average Damage: +3 infamy
    Below Average: +1 infamy
    1 Point Bonus for Each ship kill
    (so with this method, the top damage dealer on the losing team and 3 ship kills, could leave the match with: -15 infamy loss. It is still a loss, but they don't deserve to lose -24 (same as a floater gets).

I think these are fair numbers and might make the matchmaking more equitable and somewhat stop these huge infamy drops by good players, just because they are matched with bad players.

3. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

This seal clubbing maybe be a bigger issue than I thought. Or people play really, really bad.
    I just cancelled a guild invitation for a player lvl 30 captain, of a mk5 shooter with 3400 battles and... 256 infamy.
    We don't have any infamy requirements but I'm drawing the line at a clubber.

4. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    I see mk4s in the 300 infamy lol everyday. I just started a 2nd account
    Its soooo hard for new players. 100-200 infamy u will see mk3s n 4s loaded with t2+ rare and epic weapons. Idk how noobs make it anymore.

5. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Ohhh..but the Devs will say EVERYTHING is fine..THIS is how it should be..basketball teams blah blah blah.
    C'mon then Devs..make a new account and see what an absolute mess it is..see how many floaters/sealclubber you see. Not just at below 1000.. there's a LOT at 1500+.
    Report them they say..yeah..that gets the biggest laugh every time.

cgr3asy and Mamamyers like this.
  6. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Yea I would pay to see that lol and with out buying rare and epic chests. Just going along with the game.

7. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

They (the Devs) claim that they ALL have many accounts at ALL levels so as to be able to monitor this. But they don't seem to be doing anything. And really. What can they do? If someone was to start a new account, and KNOW that dropping will get them banned, well, they'll just make sure they never progress past a certain point. Then they can't be banned for anything, but can dominate every match IF THEY WISH TO or lose to maintain a low level.