1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Sniper Cannon damage is messed up

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by D3X, 4 Sep 2017.

1. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Something is adrift with my weapon damage calculations especially with my Sniper Cannon, i can't figure it out. I looked at items not upgraded, my items and compared to other players in my guild that had similar items. According to BattleBayItems:

• A maxed T1 (level10) Legendary Sniper Cannon is rated at 63.67.
    • A maxed T4 (Level40) Epic Sniper Cannon is rated at 62.64.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Almost identical, in terms of damage rating which equates to about 5-6 base damage difference approximately.

So here's what's really really weird with my Sniper Cannon. My Bhurt is level 28, and i have 31% increase to cannons and +15 damage to base. that's 15+31% as you can see here on my screenshot with the breakdown.

[​IMG]

According to that screen. My base damage is 395. Which adds up with crew bonus 15+31% to 537 Damage.

Nightingale's T1 Level 10 Legendary:
    [​IMG]
    His is 435 Base damage with 15+40%(only 9% difference) = 617
    What i see in Item Shop for the Legendary T1 Level 1 Sniper Cannon:
    [​IMG]
    Almost exactly the same as the T4 Epic! What is going on?

So taking out Captain Skills/Crew Bonuses and Item perks aside. The base damage of a T1 Legendary Sniper is equal to my T4 Epic Sniper at level 40. Something is really really wrong, because either the graphs are wrong and it's intended that the legendary is significantly stronger or my Epic Sniper is considerabley born weak compared to others.

Anyone have any ideas? My only explanation is that the Sniper Nerf skipped Legendaries. because that 7.5% is the difference.

Last edited: 4 Sep 2017
    The Otherguy likes this.
  2. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Euhm, maybe Nightingale has trained Bhurt to a higher level, allowing him to pick more damage upgrades. Or another captain to increase all weapon damage.

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I'm already excluding the Crew Bonuses as i tried to indicate and only looking at the Base damage(which is the key indicator that something is amiss).

For the record, my bhurt is only 2 levels away from Max and neither levels affect cannon damage.

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Trainings or perks can never affect a weapons base damage

5. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Here's another clue.
    A T5 Max Rare Sniper Cannon does 360 Base Damage
    [​IMG]
    Isn't a T1 Legendary the same as a T5 Rare Max?

6. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

The Sniper Nerf was 7.5% reduction to all sniper damage.
    According to my calculations, the Legendary Sniper is approx 8% stronger than the Epic at the supposedly the same scale/levels where they are supposed to be.

Level 1 393 damage at 92.5% = 363 damage
    Level 10 435 damage at 92.5% = 402 Damage

I highly believe that the Legendary Sniper Cannon did not get the nerf!

Wishaal and The Otherguy like this.
  7. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Elurien and Wishaal like this.
  8. Joey who

It is stronger than most in comparison to T5R vs T1L
    Screenshot_2017-09-04-12-38-53.png Screenshot_2017-09-04-12-38-57.png

Bradley Thorinsson likes this.
  9. Joey who

Just took away 7.5% of that and makes my T1L sniper in shop 498 when a max rare in my shop is 495 (which seems rather normal)

Looks like it really didn't get the 7.5% nerf

10. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

It did get the -7.5% nerf.
    I know I felt a difference when I was using mine.

Maybe a bug in the items shop not displaying the correct amount ?

11. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Still doesn't explain @Nightingale's Legendary Sniper

12. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Are you certain that the chart is correct? Because your whole argument seems to depend on that data. A simple explanation would be that it's not.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  13. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Right but those charts were tabulated months ago(based on the Crowd sourced spreadsheet), and it still does not explain why they don't match and the odd weapon out. As i said, it's the only weapon that the legendary starts off much stronger than Rare.

Last edited: 4 Sep 2017
  14. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Just to add to this, the rare and Epic snipers were definitely nerfed. So this discrepancy is either that everything under Epic got nerfed 15% and the Legendary got 7.5% or it's what i said earlier. If anyone has a screenshot of the damage before the change, that would prove either or. One thing for sure, the weapons do not scale the same as any other weapon(that's pretty much all the rest of the 35 items) and the charts are not accurate as of right now.

15. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Sorry man, I only have a screenshot of a T3L after nerf.
    I'm pretty sure it won't help you out with that.

Edit : My T5E sniper cannon maxes out at 780. Maybe that will help a little. Base : 476/ Crew bonus : 15 + 59%
    Legendary : 557

Edit 2 : From shop item :
    Legendary : base : 393

Last edited: 5 Sep 2017
  16. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Thanks. i'll tabulate that in a bit. I'll also make an new line on that chart to demonstrate how it's incorrect later.

17. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Yeah. I suspected the website being wrong several times when I was upgrading my items.
    It's still a wonderful website to get an approximate number.

The Otherguy likes this.
  18. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I don't think the website is wrong, i think Rovio messed this up.

19. BlackSheep

BlackSheep New Member

I think somehow the last update does not apply to legendary weapons --- the legendary ballpark mortar also does not get buffed, if you compare it with the rare one.

20. GenkiGamers

GenkiGamers Member

Hey D3X, thank you for bringing this up. I am the original creator of the item rarity data sheet that this website is based off of (Original post here: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/item-rarity-comparison-chart-datasheet.1969/#post-13275). I'm afraid I haven't been actively updating the data based on the recent patches so all of the balance changes including the sniper, ballpark mortar, and repair bolt changes had not been displayed properly. I just updated all the information on my spreadsheet so the numbers you've gathered should now make a lot more sense.

Also, you can rest assured that all the items mentioned in the patch notes did in fact receive their balance changes.
    Seems they applied only half the balance changes. Nice find! Will update the chart again once the fix is pushed through.

Best,
    Kyle
    YouTube.com/GenkiGamers

P.S. I also made a video covering item rarities: Link!

Last edited: 5 Sep 2017