1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Is 3k infamy about the F2P wall?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SharkTank, 1 Sep 2017.

1. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

My point is there is a wall once your rares are mostly capped out for a while. Up until now, I have been able to constantly have a rare upgrading. Now I'm just hoping for epics to get. But I need a lot of them, which will take forever.

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

With rares you can do better than most P2W players even if they do have legendaries. The struggle is carrying with rares when you get to the guaranteed loss system zone but it's possible and I see some doing it

3. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

But u didn't request for a fleet with me even once :D
    Tbh I do play well about 60 or 70% of games or so. But even that is enough to stay at 3400+.

Last edited: 2 Sep 2017
  4. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Gotta use bp mortar. Rare lvl 50 is better than a lvl 1 leg lol

5. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

You get 1 epic a week and plenty of rares, it's not as difficult as people make it seem, I've been playing for like 4 months and I have plenty of epics including 2 tier 2 epic std and long range mortars and and have duplicates for them both.

The key is to not get good at a build at low level and then hoping to get the same items in higher rarity, but to learn how to play with the best weapons rng gives you (Either that or I'm just really lucky, but I used to hate mortars before rng started pooping mortars on me, at a point I gave up and started playing with them, best thing I ever did).

6. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    I recently made it to ace div 2 at level 30 with 2700 infamy. I'm a free2play player myself, and I do pretty well with my rare items. However, my problem isn't my play style (believe me, I examined it and everything), it's my teammates. I think what's happening is that when people barely reach a new league, they stress too much about keeping their position. What happens to me is that while I'm contributing to the team, my other teammates panic when they see pay2win players, which causes them to lose their cool and do things that lack common sense. And I've actually gone down 500 infamy due to this phenomenon.

behumble likes this.
  7. CheekyDevilGod

Do you really believe that you only get paired with ftp players agaunst ptp players alone all the time?. Even the smartest amongst us don't assume that the people we are playing against are ptp unless after the match is over.

Second of all, casual spenders don't get poop, you need to spend like 1400 dollars minimum to get 1 legendary weapon or item assuming you spend each and every penny you spent on the game towards that 3.9k pearl grate and that's nothing cheap.

Very little people can affird that and even if you can, very little people WOULD actually do it, the propotion of those people in the total game would be as rare as billionaires in the real world so it's not possible you play against them every game.

If you get paired against ptp players often, then you probably get matched with them on your team too and get matched against ftp players equally often.

So at the end if the day, it's fair. It's unfair but it's equally unfair to each and every person which makes it fair.

Are you by any chance using 5 different weapons of different types and ranges?. Like cannon, mortar, torp, mine?.

I strongly recommend you try to keep weapons to be of as similar range and type as possible, it helps a lot.

8. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

I have a rare sniper, 2 rare swift torps, a rare triple torp, and a rare big torp. Honestly though, I've seen many enemies with pure legendary items, I'm serious. However, I don't mind that, since a majority of the time I manage to cause more damage than them. But still, I get a lot of players who don't communicate or coordination. They just scramble like cockroaches. I also frequently get paired with mark 4 ships on my team, and mark 6 ships on the enemy team. We could have a chance if my teammates kept a level head, but a lot of times, they just charge in by themselves. And when the first teammate dies, another teammate charges in. It's super frustrating, and at the end of the match, I was basically doing most of the work. This "suicidal teammates" trend got worse once the season ended. And no, I'm not a torpedo camper, so don't blame me for that kind of stuff.

behumble likes this.
  9. CrawlingSkeleton

CrawlingSkeleton Member

Bittersteel is the only Nightmare F2P I know of. Just one.

10. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

I agree mate, the 2500-3000 zone is a mess of ppl anxious to get to 3000 and it screws up the playing. Even in ace 1 league, communication is poor :/ at your level a majority of the players PTP so you can pretty much assume that the players ur going to be facing have stronger weapons then you. The cockroach phenomenon - when players get intimidated by high dmg weapons or players and scramble with no hope of playing well :D

Ian, Wishaal and Cpt Obvious like this.
  11. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Hey, that's a good name for that behavior: the "cockroach phenomenon" - Written by Behumble; inspired by Uerguy

Ian, Wishaal and behumble like this.
  12. CheekyDevilGod

No way there are so many players in the game who got that many legendaries even by paying, any chance they might be hacking?.

When players give up on the battle before it even starts there's nothing you can do, however if you suspect that somebody is killing themselves cause they gave up please do report them.

I have won several matches against teams with higher levels and we are often at a disadvantage only when we are in a team that's psychologically affected.

13. CheekyDevilGod

And one more thing, what tier are your rares?. It's good that you run an almost all torpedo build, you can keep hitting them with high dmg weapons, I suggest you replace the sniper with some other close range weapon like blast cannon, grenade or missile launcher since you have all close weapons, a close to mid range shooter needs a turbo and gear lube so use get a decent one if possible.

14. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

You really don't think Rovio got control over their single most important revenue stream in this game? :)

behumble likes this.
  15. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

I've gotten a few epics along the way (maybe 20 total in the five months or so since I've been playing). The problem is that there are SO few that I get of what I WANT.

Yes, I understand we can adapt to what the game gives you, but that's stupid. I have a playstyle and setup that I like. It works. And it works well. I've paid a bit of money and would pay more to contiue to be able to play the way I want to.

But I'm not investing in a game that forces me to change what boat or weapon I use simply because what we get is 100% random.

I've thankfully never played another game that was this random, and I never will start another like it again.

16. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

There are more, trust me

17. Joey who

I made it over 3k a few times as a F2P defender but I get dragged down soon after lol. Most defenders I see that do decent are whales or P2W players so I feel good about myself that I can make it there at least

18. Joey who

Here's my setup, my blues need tons of work but I do with what I can lol
    Screenshot_2017-09-02-13-42-00.png

19. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

I attack from all types of ranges, depending on the situation. I have a mixed combat style that I enjoy and will never give up. I'm actually preparing a rudder for when I get a mark 6. Here's my setup:

Screenshot_2017-09-02-17-33-31.png

Last edited: 3 Sep 2017
  20. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

I reached 3221 only with rares. F2P Player. I can't go further coz my weapons are not fully upgraded yet. Still need crew training.