1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

BB matchmaking is really good.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by nosesabe, 2 Sep 2017.

1. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

*IT WAS AT THIS MOMENT, THAT HE KNEW, HE WAS FUCKED UP*

IMG_2589.PNG

Because lv29 vs +lv40 it's so fair.

Thank you battle bay.

Love,

Nosesabe

P.S: YOU NEED TO FIX THIS
    P.S2: IT'S TAKING TOO LONG

_devill and CrawlingSkeleton like this.
  2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    This has been talked about...
    P.S. What would you recommend?
    P.P.S. The fact that you were in a fleet complicates the matter...

3. nosesabe

Well at this point I just thought it was more funny than shitty... After losing I was happy to even have played with an mk7... And idk, if they keep seeing posts about shitty balance they may work faster to solve it

4. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

I think your lower infamy is what caused the algorithm to match you with a player that high. Mk7 just happened.

And you lost, so... Don't get me wrong, I hate how they use matchmaking to purposely raise and lower our wins

5. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

Even with the fleet this makes no sense.

nosesabe likes this.
  6. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Eh its gotten better. Used to be every third game we got a floater. They really need to award infamy based on individual performance. They want to keep people's win rates around 50% which is what the system does making you dependant on 4 other team mates

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I see very few floaters any more. (1200 infamy)

8. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Don't cry about matchmaking when you fleet with a 3300 player 500 infamy higher than you. People like you ruin matches.

9. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

With fleets the lower players infamy is ignored and treated as the top infamy in the fleet's infamy. So in matchmaking he was a 3300 player, just weaker...

Shadow Moon! and The Otherguy like this.
  10. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

When I read the topic I assumed it was sarcastic... I was not disappointed :p

nosesabe likes this.
  11. nosesabe

Hahahaha what are you talking about, I added that guy because I played like 3 games in a row with him (alone) before fleeting with him. The only reason I'm not +3000 is because bb keeps putting me in games with +3500 people when I play alone. In a fleet or not, this is stupid. And just for you to know, if you play mortar strategy (covered behind something) you can face higher level people more easily.

Last edited: 2 Sep 2017
  12. HectorBarbossa

HectorBarbossa Member

Engineering Data Analyst
    Idk if the matchmaking is already good or not, but I keep loose without win.
    frustated? yes. become a loser? yes. I think it wouldn't happen if the matchmaking is already good.

Attached Files:

13. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Recently played a match..my team..
    Mk5 shooter(myself)
    4 speeders...against..
    Enemy team..
    4 shooters and 1 fixer..
    Safe to say my thoughts before the game started came true..all speeders died pretty quick leaving me 1v5.
    Fair play to 1 of the speeders who did more damage than me..but as soon as it was 1v5 I did what I could before they massacred me.
    I'll post the screenshot later.

14. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

Everyone just complaining about the matchmaking! In my opinion infamy is the only thing that should matter. Every now and then a game isn't balanced but overall it works well. And I know at around 3k infamy, being matched up with 4k+ players isn't always easy, so the only thing that could need a change is the max range between the lowest and highest infamy in one team. Infamy tells us how well a ship is doing, mk level and weapons don't as some players have more skills and some don't. Trust me, infamy matchmaking is the only thing that works well most of the times. Just focus on getting better and learn from the nightmare players you are matched up with. Everyone just complains and everyone wants nerfs (btw firebomb needs a nerf lol). I'd rather see some new content in general but I know for sure, devs are working on some cool things. Instead of complaining, give them some constructive feedback what they could improve and calm a bit, they also deserve holidays, as we all have/had em. So to sum your complaint up, devs should just change the distance from highest to lowest infamy to something like 800-1000 infamy

15. FALCO

FALCO Active Member

First of all infamy doesnt shoe skill cuz even if youre the best bb player in the world and ur team sucks ur gonna lose
    Second u want devs to add more content so the game can become even worse
    How about we fix the problems then add more

16. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

I said „infamy tells us how well a ship is doing“. Infamy is a combination of mk, your weapon loadout and skill, so if a player has overpowered weapons and other players at the same infamy have worse weapons, it tells us that they either lack in skill or have a lower mk ship. So infamy is a good way to create balanced games. And if a anything needs a nerf or a change, of course devs should change that but most players just complain about things that don‘t need any change. Atm nearly all items have a good use, depending on the playstyle. But for example firebomb needs a nerf, still I am not creating tons of threads telling devs that it needs change. Trust me, they read these things, they test it and then they come to a conclusion. If a defender (Peeelah) is able to do over 100k damage in one game, that‘s where you should start wondering if a weapon is too strong. He used 2 epic fire bombs (t4 + t5) and a t5 sniper cannon and scored 110784 damage. And the thing I hate most about fire bombs is their burn damage bonus, which gets really high with the right crew training and perks.
    Hope you get what I am trying to say

17. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    Sorry to be salty, but these matchmaking threads get old. When you fleet with someone better than you, rise to the occasion and try to play smarter and better. The only people who should be complaining are the ones that end up matched with me.

Last edited: 3 Sep 2017
  18. HectorBarbossa

HectorBarbossa Member

Engineering Data Analyst
    Thr way player grouped with other player in a team is bad. Looks like a loser will be grouped with the losers in a team. ---Just my stupid thinking, frustated loser.

19. NightXO

NightXO Active Member

Need more of these topics! Are not you tired of creating them? How much you can cry, seriously... o_O

_devill, Elurien and The Otherguy like this.
  20. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

Infamy is not just based upon your what you have stated, but on the skill or lack there of from the players in your squad or in the unfriendly squad. This makes it one of the worst ways to calculate game matches. Matches should be based upon level of weapons, perks, boats, and defences. This would let matches be decided by skill level and not the game algorithm skewing team strength in an attempt to keep everyone's win/loss ratio at around 50%. I for one Refuse to play stacked games or play with a bunch of dumbasses in my squad. I will sink my infamy under My terms and Not by the way game matching algorithm is designed. There will be those who disagree with my statement, but the reality is the game Designers and Programmers Created this Problem and I am addressing it in My Own Way!!!!!