1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Is 3k infamy about the F2P wall?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SharkTank, 1 Sep 2017.

1. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

I'm hovering around 3k infamy right now and have realized I'll never really get any new weapons or ships to play... so what's the point?

I've nearly maxed out my rare hanger, and while I can compete just fine where I am, I know I'll never really progress or have things to upgrade like before (which was the fun part of this game for me).

Getting epic parts to replace my rare hanger will take years, and I won't even touch a legendary. So... am I simply missing something? Or is this just about the end for most F2P players?

2. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

For ftp shooter or defender, pretty much

Of course like @Wishaal and @Cpt Obvious I'm pretty sure they're ftp and have gotten to ?3500 with shooter! :D

You'd probably have the best luck being ftp playing speeder and fixer because they dont depend so much on damage as you won't be able to compete in weapons.

Also I suggest u read @D3X post about leaving the game as he was ftp and a nightmare league player :D
    So nope 3000 is not the endgame for ftp, 4000 is :)

3. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

It is possible to reach 3000 infamy as free to play. But you will never see anyone with worse weqpons than you. People will always outclass you when it comes to captain training, ships and gear. If you have been playing this game a few months longer than I have, then it's even possible to go above 3000-3500 infamy.

But I'll be honest with you, it's incredibly hard to ever reach nightmare as a free to play player. And I don't even know wether I could be considered f2p or not since I already got 3 months of vipmsubscription.

@behumble , there is another f2p shooter with 3500 infamy. You forgot @VaM RoiD , his gear is even worse than mine.

behumble likes this.
  4. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

I know I could get to 4k if I was patient enough. But it would take many more months - if not longer - all while not really upgrading anything. For me, the fun of the game was upgrading my weapons and slowly grinding my way up in infamy. But I just don't foresee me jumping 1k infamy without some serious weapon upgrades.

You're right that as a shooter, I'm stuck. And I can't switch boats now as I have no green or yellow items (and obviously I can't buy them).

behumble likes this.
  5. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

As you note, 99% of the weapons I see at 3k+ are epic and legendary. Just can't compete consistently enough.

It's just not worth it anymore if I can gain infamy nor get better gear. It gets boring quickly.

behumble likes this.
  6. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I'm at around that point now, and I'm still rolling with Tier 2/3 Rares and one Tier 4 Uncommon.

If there's any Fixers north of 3K running worse gear than me, I haven't met 'em.

I'm still excited by the potential for some Mk6 Fixer action, where I get the option to run double-pulse and finally a second bloody red slot

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 likes this.
  7. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

Impressive you're doing so well considering your gear. I feel your pain!

8. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

When you reach a infamy wall you just cannot scale. It pays to try new builds, explore new play styles and even new ships.

Remember, reaching higher leagues is not the goal, the goal is to have fun. Nobody here is gonna make a living by becoming a pro battle bayer (yet anyways).

So take a pill and chill. Keep lvling up, keep upgrading ships. I hit an infamy wall, I'm working on building my speeder, enforcer and new weapons now.

I'm working on several different builds and playstyles atm.

Long range support enforcer with dual frost launcher, freeze blaster and triple mortars, all torp shooter, all mortar shooter, all burn dmg shooter, crowd control shooter with 3 napalms and 2 mortars, all sniper shooter. full dps fast agile defender, support defender with 2 napalms, full speed speeder with triple nitro.

JustPlainSowad likes this.
  9. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

Nope.
    Screenshot_2017-08-29-12-48-08.png Screenshot_2017-08-29-23-30-48.png Screenshot_2017-08-30-12-50-33.png

simonwor, behumble and yttwgfish like this.
  10. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

Yeah, I feel like I'd like to build an enforcer, but with no yellow items, it will take me a while to make it viable. Then have to save gold to spend on upgrading the ship itself so can't buy parts. I guess it's just a longer war of attrition. Thanks for the insight.

11. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

12. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Welcome, amd remember, you only have reaching higher infamy to look forward to till you reach nightmare. After that you've got nothing.

So make sure you try and make the most out of the game by getting there as slow as possible taking your sweet time and enjoying every minute of it. If you rush it, grow too big too soon then you might get bored and lose interest after a month or so.

Look at me, I've been at masters for like 2 months now, I'm not stressed, I'm enjoying myself and that's the point.

13. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

Idk where I am tbh. Need more statistics for that. But 80% of my friends reached 3300 at least with rares only.

14. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

You got to share your friends with me lol. I'd love to fleet up with skilled players.

behumble likes this.
  15. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    I dont think there is a barrier to infamy for f2p, for infamy is team based and if your team wins you go up higher too. Thinking that way, you can reach as far as possible though i see maximum infamy rankers with rare weapons like us at around 4k (shooters such as bittersteel, enforcers like hungry shark).
    3k mark maybe a hangpoint for rare users but undoubtedly you'll cross it as your crew becomes better and with skills + as said team based luck on the pass.
    I personally am stuck at around 3k managing 3.1k at league for the past month using all t3 and t4 rares only.
    And its been hardly 3 months of play for me. So i believe we always can reach higher with time (and skills of course) :)

USS_ironsides likes this.
  16. yttwgfish

yttwgfish New Member

Im reading all this and yet im still MONTHS from being anywhere near that infamy

JustPlainSowad likes this.
  17. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

There is no wall for F2P players. We just progress much slower but will have the items to keep climbing over time

aKifer likes this.
  18. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

*Slowly raises hand*
    Got to 3400 last season playing with mk5 fixer, tier 2 rare bolt, tier 4 rare pulse and tier 4 uncommon repair box. Just recently upgraded to tier 3 rares repair box so all rares now!!!! :D (was 3200 max with tier 3 gear, got tier 4 unlocked halfway thru the season)
    But it's definitely a grind, and ur doing great with the equipment you have.
    I'm looking forward to mk6 with the red slot and double pulse as well. Luckily the game likes to give me rare pulses :D
    Tier 4 definitely helps so work towards that and you'll be golden

19. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I got to 3500 with only tier 2/3 rares, but that was with a speeder so it's quite different. Anyways around 3.5k would be cap AS A MK5 for shooter, or higher if you have tier V rares and such. Once we get mk6 tho my guess would be that there will be no problem getting into 4000s

20. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

Right now I'm playing very close to 3000pts and suddenly after passing the 2700pts line it got so so difficult. So I feel you... and as a curiosity, I reached 2900pts when I was playing mk4 shooter and all those super pro players didn't show up when I was playing mk4. Maybe it has something to do after all.