1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Rovio messes with RNG

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by xxxBISMARCKxxx, 28 Aug 2017.

1. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I've been playing for 89 days and have collected 11 epic items

2. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Full epic weapon? That's quite a bit of money you dropped in 89 days

3. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

All I wanted is flare gun and cannons but rngesus likes to give me firebombs and what I notice, whenever I get a specific item a lot often like almost once or twice a week it Will bound to be nerf. So Im expecting firebomb is going to be nerf. I could be wrong but thank god if they do

4. BasedCarpen

If quite a bit equals exactly zero than you are correct.

I also managed to obtain three legendary red pieces

5. BasedCarpen

6. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Eh?..I started the day of global launch and have had 18 epics..1 piece away from 3 more..not spent anything to buy them. I know of others who have had a few more than me..I guess it depends how many epic pieces you get in the shop too.
    1 things for sure..I've had more than enough of epic duct tapes that I'd never use..so scrapped them to lvl up my epic big shield to tier3.

7. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

@D3X 11 epics in 89 days doesn't seem that unreasonable. I actually mis-calculated myself. I've been playing since July 29th (I thought I'd been playing longer, but just went back and double checked my conversation with the buddy who told me about this game), and I have 6. So, I guess 1 1/2 a week, rather than the 1 in a little over a week I mentioned earlier. I've not spent money at all, but have considered that $4.99 (5.99?) 'starter' pack with the blast cannon, shield, and pearl diver just as a token show of support for a fun game. I did get exceptionally lucky and pull a complete epic from one of my free crates though; so that probably spiked my progress a bit. Otherwise, I've assembled them all except for one that came from a star crate.

8. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

Same pretty much, though started a week ish after global launch but 18 epics as well. Never spent anything either.

9. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

T4 epic tesla shield would be lovely, that's all.

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  10. disorder

disorder Active Member

232 rare
    97 epic
    => t4 epic blast??? (strange)
    => t1 epic grenade??? strange...
    =>T2 epic teslabolt
    =>t2 epic teslashield
    =>T2 epic standardshield

rare
    => T4 turbo
    => T3 flare gun
    =>T3 big shield
    i scrap all other epic/rare i've got... so well bad for grenade, excellent for blast...
    opened 6 big box:
    in leg (with box and scrap);
    6red, 4 blue, 3 yellow, 2 green...

=> someone want to make stat??? it seem not so horrible, but only disturbing when our brain want something :)

11. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Ive been playing average 1 hour a day since may 21, never spent a cent, and found *gasp* 6 epic items! *sarcastically* Amazing right?!?
    (Big Shield, RG, Firebomb, Mine, Caronade, Tesla Shield, and #1, 4, and 6 where from free boxes)

BasedCarpen likes this.
  12. simonwor

simonwor New Member

Just for interested, to get the above results, how many times did you open the 3900 box? Not meaning you are buying pearls, just from earning usually

The Otherguy likes this.
  13. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Apart from the fact that Miika has straight up told you their system is pure RNG, your original claim is false anyway.
    My first and highest trained captain is BHURT, and the first items I managed to get 4 of were Cannon, Explosive Cannon, and Blast Cannon.

There's also the point someone made about why the hell would you bother creating convoluted generation scripts when you could just do getRand(35). Rovio don't need to use conspiracy theory levels of manipulation in the game to make an extra buck. They are already making enough from the adverts F2P players watch each batlle, the $30 spends of casuals, and the $10,000 spends of the whales.

Just because you don't get what you want doesn't mean it's because someone else is trying to sabotage you.

Miathan likes this.
  14. BasedCarpen

Zero. I buy the purple chest once I get 400 pearls

15. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

I thought this bit was especially cute and funny

16. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

All master III players should recieve a full rare item (hence the blue badge) and ace III+ players should recieve a full epic item after seasons (hence the pink badge). 1 full item every 2 weeks won't break you Rovio...

1 epic item a week for active players is not much considering we still have to combine for most of them. We should be getting 1 every 2 weeks by random (at least) plus the seasonal epic item, making it 2 every 2 weeks from crates + season. Then what we combine for is a hard earned 'extra'.

Last edited: 30 Aug 2017
    The Otherguy likes this.
  17. lawnmower33

lawnmower33 New Member

Op I will say I did notice some of what you say. I never wanted to use the grenade but kept getting them. So finally I decided to get some of the perks there and level up a grenade. I decided I hated it and dumped them all. I haven't gotten nearly as many since.

But I also have worked on my cannon and turbo perks from the beginning and I have been sitting on all the rares I need to max them for months.

Maybe the "doctoring" of drop rates could be for people to try underused items a bit. It worked on me to try the grenade that I otherwise would have never tried. I tried and didn't like it. Now I get grenade drops at the same rate I get all other ones.

18. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

And according your logic, nightmare should have one complete legendary per season (hence the golden badge), right?
    Sure I can take one after every season :D Won't hurt me :p

The Otherguy likes this.
  19. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Not really. You can buy a rare and epic item. Can't buy a full legendary item. You guys could get an epic and a legendary piece (or pieces depending on place)