1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

A 2-Week Chat Ban? Really?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by American Marauder, 28 Aug 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Lol..occasionally??..kinda contradicted yourself there:p

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

So warnet was constantly flaming and advising teammates to 'kill themselves' and he gets a 1 week chat ban (which I believe was fair and enough to where he doesn't anymore or not as much).

I was flaming my teammates and namecalling aswell and got a warning (which was also enough, I stopped after the warning)

I have seen marauder rage and namecall in VIP chat and probably deserved a ban if he had been warned before but even then a 2 week chat ban seems a bit harsh

American Marauder likes this.
  3. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

Don't know the crime, but two weeks does indeed sounds excessive without warning.

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

One can get a temporary ban from this forum?

Joke aside, the purpose of a temporary ban is to let the user know his/her bad action. First ban should be after a warning and about 3 days. Go up drastically after that.

@American Marauder, you played this game excessively and chatted too? Where do you find the time to do all that and still making $$$? I got about 20-40 battles a day after 9PM (kids sleeping) if I am lucky. I saw you in VIP but never chat there myself.

5. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    It's a ban from in-game chat. Muted is more like it.

I own a UI design studio, so there's plenty of time to play while i'm waiting to review my artists' work.

Nikkie! likes this.
  6. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    *watching
    AMENNN

7. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Imma guess over 20k

8. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Hey I roosted him too

How come I never got banned?!?!?!

Nikkie! likes this.
  9. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Your roast was weak sauce

10. CheekyDevilGod

Nonsense, granted I didn't make a meme out of his face.

Nikkie! and Wishaal like this.
  11. CheekyDevilGod

@Wishaal @Joeyaa

I Don't think we should have a say in whether the ban was excessive or not considering we don't know the severity of his swearing. We all know he does have a tendency to be mean even to his well wishers and even go as far as throwing poop at people who actually defend him just cause they have low infamy which according to him is the equal of being an idiot (Speaking from personal experience).

But yes whatever it is, at the very least he should have gotten a warning once before getting banned(Unless it's super extreme level harassment).

12. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Now that I think about it... It was partially because of you too that I got banned lol. My rage to Mr.Marauder all started when I stood up for you after you tried to play mr.nice guy...

No hard feelings towards Mr.Marauder anymore... But how are you going pay amends?:mad: (Just kidding)

But @CheekyDevilGod shall we all try to start on a clean slate with @American Marauder again? He does seem more friendly these days, so let's just give him at least a chance.

@CheekyDevilGod , @Joeyaa just called your roast weak sauce... Are you really going to let him get away with that?! *Throws oil to the fire*

Last edited: 28 Aug 2017
    Nikkie!, Shadow Moon! and TTrain like this.
  13. CheekyDevilGod

I'd love to leave all the poop he misunderstood bout me cause he couldn't read half the messages I was responding to in that thread (Which was also his own doing)

But it's hard for me to forget the poop he said about me which was something along the lines of "Just another idiot who think je knows everything" simply cause I was low infamy.

If I had actually said something wrong that day I'd be cool with this but I don't think I did so no. I'm sure him misreading the scenario led him to believe I'm more of an idiot than I actually am but let's face it, hard to make amends when you are "ignored" see lol.

Nikkie! likes this.
  14. CheekyDevilGod

Anyways, lets not turn this thread of his into an offtopic roasting spam too, I'm sure neither of us wanna get banned again nor get this thread locked too so let's stick to the topic.

The ban may or may not be justified but atleast 1 warning for the same offence must be carried out before the actual banning unless the ban is for sexual or racist harassment or something along the lines.

The Otherguy likes this.
  15. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Ive never been on the VIP chat, and I never go to... DDG :confused:, so how do you get nasty without circumventing the chat filters? o_O (or did you)
    And have you (@American Marauder) been chat banned before? If so, how many times? Only then can we judge if the ban is fair or not.

16. disorder

disorder Active Member

well, i'm often VIP, and... american marauder is often flaming/blaming/insulting other people (and badly)
    2 week is long, 1 would should have been enough

17. CheekyDevilGod

Well, if it's multiple offense then maybe it's kinda deserving?. Like maybe he never got reported till now but when he did and the admins checked all his chat history till today and found like 4 months worth of him insulting people, got pissed and were like "Wtf ban this douche already" and gave him a 2 week ban?.

Although it doesn't really count as multiple offenses unless he or she has been warned or banned before.

The Otherguy likes this.
  18. TTrain

TTrain Member

Personally I don't think the "time span" should even matter due to the fact there was no warning. I could understand if there was a warning a few weeks or so ago or even a week, and if the behavior hasn't been corrected after a warning, then sure, you can dish out the punishment relative to the time span, and other factors. I just don't get how they never warn someone, which in return is letting them and the community think that said behavior is acceptable, but then out of the blue hand out a punishment like this. To me, If you think about it, then they are the ones that partially responsible for the situation, because like I mentioned, the lack of warning, and the allowance to let it keep happening. And because of these reasons how is someone supposed to know where the line is? But my biggest issue is how can you mention the time span and elude to that the punishment handed out is light considering the time span of abuse, when there was no warning!!?! Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't make much sense. I've been VIP since it went global, and enjoy the chat,community and the roasting as it's usually lighthearted (usually) and it's not like there's only one or a couple people doing it. It happens quite a bit, which again proves my point (or one of them), that it is acceptable to do so, and nobody knows where the line is. Lastly, I believe everyone should be treated the same and fairly, but in reality we know how the world works. With that being said, how do you not give a warning before handing out punishment to one of the games biggest, if not the biggest spender? But I guess that's just one more thing that doesn't make sense in what I would call a major CF ;)

19. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

Their bans don't differentiate between chat offences and in-game offences either. Apparently they work on a "for every indiscretion, we will increase your punishment until perma-banned. Regardless of whether you were punished for floating OR for circumventing chat filter..

20. TTrain

TTrain Member

Just one more thing to add to the "Makes Sense/Common Sense" List :confused:;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.