1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Ace 1- nightmare struck

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by behumble, 26 Aug 2017.

1. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I would like to be able to hide my infamy from myself.

Rock'N'Rolla and disorder like this.
  2. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

I know this is way off topic, but War Robots is the one game I still play every day after two years+. It's a perfect balance of skill, MM, pay to win, and winning. And they make millions per year.

3. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, ill take a look for sure

4. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

I'm master 2 and sometimes I hat matched with Ace players. Sometimes I get matched with warriors.

Sometimes we have 3 aces, sometimes 4 warriors. I'm sure we all go through the same thing.

It only seems worse in the Ace case cause aces get matched with nightmares who are 2k infamy above them or something.

5. CheekyDevilGod

Have you actually tried any of the suggestions given here before aside from increasing mm queue time or are you simply waving it off as impractical cause YOU think so?.

Why are you so afraid of the player base being spread out? Easy progression will help more Ace ones reach nightmares and keep the ones who reached nightmare last season there by resulting in better rewards and eventually let them catch up to the giants.

It appears to me that you have other issues that stand in the way of allowing you to make progression easier.

If you have issues like having anymore players cause the game got more easier to play will mean you would need to spend more cash for servers due to more players and you can't do that or ANY other issues then please be
    honest and straightforward to the community, then they'd atleast try to be calm and understand.

6. CheekyDevilGod

I still don't see what's going to get screwed up cause the player base is spread out. It means the player base isn't cramped.

I still think you should consider removing the infamy reset cap. If all the players are at the infamy where they are supposed to be if they hadn't been reset then we'd all have a much easier time playing.

Ofc you might ask what would the nightmares Do cause they have nothing to do up there.

Maybe it's time to introduce nightmare league 3,2 and 1.

7. LOLdude

LOLdude Member

But defenders have high defense, and defense points will deduct some damage from the missiles.

8. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Defense only helps if you are getting many small shots (like getting hit with standard cannon, or carronade)
    Otherwise, we are talking leg big torps that do 3000+ dmg and missiles that do 2000+, where the defender is basically 3 shot from 10k+ hp to death lol

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

i've just got matched up against you twice, you killed my whole team with your 3.9k damage torps while we got 4k hp, fucking fair

10. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

Did you ever consider dmg reduction whenever the difference in infamy is too high?

I mean, you have caps on ship stats, why not introducing rules that if a player is 700 infamy lower than you a 25% smg reduction applies? And if he is 1500 lower than you, a 50% reduction applies?

But simultaneously you introduce a "no limitation game type" that gives no infamy, but only resources?

11. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

This thread is a hilarious joke. Most of you people do not understand game development, not MMR based matchmaking. If you have played ANY competitive multiplayer game at a high level, you will know that the skill distribution in matches gets further and further apart due to the sparse number of players up there.
    Miika has responded to most comments with VERY reasonable and well informed arguments, yet you all just cry and throw factless whining back at him (or her).

I think what people need to realise is that there is always a wall they will hit where it will be hard to progress. You will stop winning more than you lose, and get ever closer to a 50% win rate. This means you are sitting precisely where you should be, either due to your skill level, or your ship/gear level. You might feel it is unfair that you are matched against the best of the best, but the reality is, you're better than everyone below you, so they are the only people to be fairly matched against. Once either your gear or you skill improve even further, you will naturally get higher and higher again.

Miss-B, thunderhawk and behumble like this.
  12. behumble

Its sad because i made this thread for ace 1 players to show their battles with top 50 nightmare players in a kind of "this was an awesome battle to see such skill and power" or "was great to finally be able to play with or against this player i looked up to" but instead it turned into another matchmaking thread. my mistake for thinking it would lead to anything different.

thunderhawk, Miathan and retryW like this.
  13. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

@behumble It is a nice thread idea, but people take any chance they get to whine about matchmaking some more. Let me use this for the intended purpose!

First image is the highest amount of Nightmare players I got matched with. I love how the only other player not in Nightmare outdamaged everyone.

[​IMG]

This isn't complete without a Banderas screenshot, so here's the only time I actually won against him:

[​IMG]

Craziest fixer ever:

[​IMG]

REV GODLIKE getting another +1 to his 5 kill achievement count:

[​IMG]

And finally, the highest infamy player I got matched with (though it didn't help us win):

[​IMG]

Miss-B and behumble like this.
  14. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Trying to make a little dash for top 10 when I saw this scary lineup full of nightmares and legendaries. Screenshot_2017-08-27-21-32-13.png
    But then..
    Screenshot_2017-08-27-21-36-34.png
    Great job Valfreg! Not easy going up against that legendary gear with 2900 hp, fixers don't help too much when you can easily be put down in two hits:)

behumble likes this.
  15. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

this game is not competitive... tell me which other competitive game has a p2w aspect that directly influence the gameplay.
    yesterday i was 1 win to be top10 of my season (ace2) then i got matched up twice against bunta that has 2k infamy over me.
    as expected his 3.9k damage torpedos shred my whole team apart i believe he was even 1v3 and he still managed to one\two hit any ship in that battle
    if they want to keep matchmaking as it is, they need then to at least scale down mk6 ships, make lower level players be able to access more survivability and damage, because like this it's no fun

16. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Ace top 10 in a tough enough league feels good! Now to spend the rest of my life at the bottom of nightmare league;)

behumble likes this.
  17. behumble

Orpheus rep is well deserved as always
    Screenshot_2017-08-26-15-10-43.png Screenshot_2017-08-28-08-24-05.png
    Thanks for the contribution! @Miathan @Stelmo

Attached Files:

18. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

1.The way i see it getting matched up against nightmare league players if ur at 3500+ infamy ain't so bad as many popular freemium games do have that even if the player base is much large
    For instance clash royale which has 100 million+ player base does have matchup with 200 trophies difference
    2. If all the nightmare league players are matched up according to there league then the time that it would take for a single matchup will be atleast 30 mins or so or way more than that because player base is very low at the top
    For instance : swfa of netmarbles had the same problem
    Solutions to fix that
    1. Make game less rng put a epic and rare item (not a piece) in shop for buying.
    One in two days or one in one day would be sufficient
    2. Bring better balance b/w the rarities of items. For now the way balance b/w the item the skill has no place in the game right now just spending money does.
    3. Bring out event so that even f2p player or people who spend less money get better items

Last edited: 28 Aug 2017