1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

League not fair

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zusay, 25 Aug 2017.

1. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

IMG_1167.PNG I am currently in Ace 1 league and my highscore this season is 3893 infamy with mk5 speeder. I am 59th place in my league, while most of my guildmates have a lower infamy highscore (and they are also in ace 1) and still they are in top 10. One of them is even 1st place in his ace 1 league with 3890 (which is obviously 3 infamy lower than my highscore). Still I am situated at 59th place while he is nr. 1. I understand that a few players are better in some seasons so having a hard league wouldnt be a problem but from 59 to 1 that's just too much.

So in the end I'll end up getting way worse rewards although we are both in ace 1.

2. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Agree 100%
    And it's another reason why people drop inf on purpose.

More for Rovio to fix when the Dev team have finished their holidays.

Simple fix. Take all ace1 players and randomise for start of season, how hard can that be?

Zusay likes this.
  3. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

You would have been rank 2 in my league (Ace 1 too), such a large difference between leagues

Zusay likes this.
  4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Giving ace1 a 1000 infamy span was abit crazy.

There is no (ethical) way of controlling which ace1 league you get. The way they are created is not "unfair" though, its meant to give everyone in each league a fighting chance. It does result in a brutal high end ace1 though, I finished around #35 with 4019 last session.

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  5. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Ace 1 is the best:)
    I've had many where I couldn't break the top 50, but I've got a lovely soft one this round. Only the top 8 are moving up to nightmare so far.

6. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Hi zusay, glad to see u here ;)
    Yes that is a problem, last season i was 5th and now with only 100 infamy lower I'm 77th. More leagues would be better but nightmare also should stay in 4000

Zusay likes this.
  7. monobrow

IMG_0788.PNG

Soooooo looking forward to getting my 1 epic piece reward after 2 weeks of battling in the hardest ace 1 league.

Thank you Rovio for making leagues so worthwhile.

SCOOTY PUFF Jr likes this.
  8. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

Hehe that's same league as mine...

monobrow likes this.
  9. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Just scratching the surface of Ace I then i guess.
    Season rewards need to be way way way way better. Would rather get a weekly epic box then this season reward bs....needs update bad
    upload_2017-8-26_9-30-18.png

Procrastinator likes this.
  10. monobrow

Exactly

In your ace1 id be 2nd
    In mine, i'm 70th

Working as designed?

11. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Meanwhile... after getting just under 3k-> placed into ace II, then leveling up my ship to mk5 I shot straight to first :) rip me next season tho IMG_0700.PNG

12. Miika

Miika Game Lead

There are two different ways how to form the league groups:
    1. Pick groups randomly.
    2. Pick groups by choosing people closest to each others in infamy.
    Option 1 would mean some people in ace 1 might have 1000 infamy head start on some other players. With option 2 the difference is as small as it can be at the beginning of the season.
    Also, with option 1 those people who would be at the lower end of the bracket would have no chances of winning a season. With option 2 they have a good chance to it.

So yes, it's working as intended. It's nowhere near perfect, but it's still better than the alternative. If you have an idea how to improve it without revamping the whole infamy based leagues system please share.

Zusay likes this.
  13. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Just the fact that the rewards for every season is not worth it. I mean honestly giving us a piece is pure crap why not give us 5 atleast or even an epic item. The only thing that makes me happy about the season rewards is the badge xp and even that is useless but I like it because it is the only proof that I am a veteran in this game hahaha. Screenshot_20170827-015740.png

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  14. monobrow

Here are a few ideas to make it fairer..

1. Improve the rewards for the ace1 group who are clearly way ahead of the other ace1 group who "have no chances of winning a season".

2. Instead of clumping all the way ahead ace1 prople together, take a subsection of say, 3000-3300, 3300-3600 and 3600-4000 players so that at least in my example, I am say, top 25 so get better rewards than the top 80 i am currently.

Theres 2, how about you get the team you pay to come up with some too.

15. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

I see your point and basically that system is 100% fine with me. Players in option 2 shall have it easier to get a good place in their league, the only thing i don't get is why players in option 1 get worse prices for more infamy...Instead of getting 1 legendary and 4-5 epic pieces in option 2, I only get 1 epic piece and less gold in option 1. Idc which place I am in league, as long as the rewards fit to my infamy and I don't think this is happening in option 1. Hope you get what I mean :)
    Best game ever btw!!

16. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

Heh, wow, in my ACE 1 you would be in 3rd place.
    IMG_7518.PNG

I regret advancing last season, I maxed at 3010, so barely ended up in ACE1. Had I stayed in ACE 2 I would likely have won win a leg piece.

Zusay likes this.