1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

not feeling motivated to play anymore

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by blessing89, 24 Aug 2017.

1. blessing89

blessing89 New Member

Hmm... after upgrading my defender to t4 and opening up 6 of the 18 epic chests I saved I suddenly felt like not playing bb anymore... not so much bcuz the items I got, I did get 2-3 epic weapons luckily, but it's something else... I feel it's getting a bit tedious now, I guess, I mean I am not quite sure. The reason why I am making this thread is because I think the game developers care about the number of players playing their game, so hopefully this'll be good feedback and get some constructive comments from you guys.

Just a bit additional info, I have also around 10 of those 10/10 rare pieces saved up waiting to be combined aside from the 18 epic chests I saved, this is all to keep myself from getting bored, I guess XD and yet here I am. I feel completing quests are ok, I love getting gold much more than sugar because I can buy from shop many interesting things like perks and chunks of reso (saving up thousands of all kinds, waiting to get the best weapon before spending them on upgrade), but I guess it's a pain waiting to refresh the sugar quests or the ones I cannot easily finish. The main part I feel I'd stop playing would be the actual gameplay, I cant seem to get past the curse of 1200 infamy, sigh, but I guess it's fine in the sense that I am not playing for World Championship and it's probably the indication that this level of players best suits the current me In any case, it doesnt feel nice to lose, esp when one of your team mates would randomly go off on his own mind and get kill in 1 vs 5 to start off (speeder or not, u dont die that soon, I think).

Yea, so... perhaps this is something the dev would like to know? not sure. But it is true I think I really wont be playing much anymore, even with all those fun RNG reward boxes and weapon combine-ready chunks I still have in my inventory. Thoughts? Thanks for reading.

Regards to all players,
    Average BB Defender Captain, Blessing89

Kazeshini and Ultrah like this.
  2. disorder

disorder Active Member

i understand...

get this feeling in a lots of game.
    playing hour for pixel can frustrate

my advice : play less, create a 2Nd account for fun, play for fun,
    there is also a scale problem... you reach a rank and stay forever, and suddenly you will up and gain 500 infamy with just a litlle up of item.

3. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Slap 2 standard cannons or some combination of blast cannons on it and go to town. Dual cannons on defenders with reload reduction is so good against ships below mk6. You just have to pick a target and stick to it.

4. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

I am not as motivated as welllllllllllllll
    But, its still fun game and i have hope for the future with cool updates and game modes.
    Or not. Then i might slowly drift away lol, but at least i will stay to mk6.

however, what does keep me interested is getting involved, forums, discord, tournaments, youtube, guilds, friends, etc

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

You want to hear about unmotivated?
    I've been playing Battle Bay for about 5 weeks. I've bought a couple of the pearl diver packages and saving all my pearls, not wasting any, except for adding inventory slots. All for buying an EPIC CONTAINER.
    So two days ago I finally bought it........3900 pearls...........
    My Epic weapon received......................... EPIC RUDDER ( I WAS SO MAD!!!! )
    But, I did get enough Epic Red pieces to combine 10 into an Epic Red Weapon........... So I hit combine and........................... EPIC CARRONADE ( I wanted to scrap both of them out of frustration )
    I hardly played the game yesterday out of frustration and disappointment. I understand the RNG process for these, but give me a break. I get the WORST blue item ever, and the WORST red item in the game. I feel like I wasted 5 weeks of playing.
    I did get a 3 needed RARES from the Epic container, but the other 6 weren't really useful at this moment.

simonwor and The Otherguy like this.
  6. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    Most f2p (or mostly f2p) people find the Epic container underwhelming. Obviously after spending that much time grinding away at the game for pearls, you will be underwhelmed. However, there are players willing to spend the current amount of money it takes to buy those. So it will not be made any cheaper most likely. Try not to let it get you down, keep the items If you can! Later on down the road many players use rudders and some of the best players use carronades! The Epic crates are great, but they are still randomized as all the other crates are.

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

I feel your pain, I have been playing for a few months making sure to log in everyday to get the end of week chest. Unfortunately, the majority of these are scrapped. I get all my quest chests for the week and usually nothing there either. I do enjoy playing, but it does get tedious when 90% of the chests you work towards are worthless scrap material. Another frustrating thing is collecting pieces for an item only to build it and get yet another item you don't want. That part should be changed.

8. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Wanna hear unmotivated?

I'm a player that used to do hundreds of battles a day now I'm playing maybe 10-20 a day. Waiting for something new

9. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Lol too true,
    i used to grind through the 1-2k zone, playing like 100 battles a day fr. Now im just chilling in the 3-4k zone.

Joey who likes this.
  10. disorder

disorder Active Member

same... get 75 star day with ease... now just doing my quest, and don't care anymore about gameplay, infamy,

behumble and Rock'N'Rolla like this.
  11. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Lol same here I only get rare grenade launcher and ec which I don't use still kept them leveled them up. Me too grinded so hard to get to 1500+ like 100 battles a day now I don't care play 5-10 battles win some lose some enjoy it

behumble likes this.
  12. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    What you may be experincing might as well be frustration.

For me the main problem still is the randomnes of items and lack of duplicates to evolve most used weapons. The second problem was being in battles against overpowered unfriends with a difference of 1500+ infamy and constantly being the smaller fish in the battle and not being able to deal as much damage because of lower level weapons. I ranted over this a while ago and everybody promised that with global launch and more players things will get more fair and difference on infamy wouldn't be a problem any more. Now it is the same as before and as I predicted then, complaints will only increase.

Then, to deal with frustration, I created 2 additional accounts, the first one to use enforcer and later a second one for shooter. With enfo quickly went over 1500 infamy then to a halt, then to a drop under 800. Then used shooter and again quickly went over 1700 infamy and now to a halt again.

The common factor I can see on my 3 accounts (other than me, of course) is the lack of duplicates to evolve my main weapons.

On my main account with Defender and Fixer I'm around 3.4 - 3.7 k infamy. The jump fom 2.5 k happened once i got my duplicate epic standard cannon and evolved it to T4. I hope to jump to Nightmare league once i get the duplicate of my epic Big Torp and be able to evolved it to T4 also.

I'm a F2P player not by choice, because if damn RNG system were not so rng I would certanly spend a lot more, not Banderas level, but a constant reasonable fee. And I think lots of the player base will too if they start to feel they receive real value for every penny spent.

So, I undestand your lack of motivation, being there a lot of times my self. I keep around just because I hope things will get better and because the game it self its a darn good one for mobile platform, no other gives me the adrenalin rush like this one. But it is getting older, it certainly needs a change to keep things interesting.

Last edited: 24 Aug 2017
  13. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Ditto

14. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Also chilling and slowed down a lot.
    Game needs a good content update and progression update - allow us to get epic+ items quicker than a year of RNG BS or 5 figure spending.

Very competitive market place this. Snooze u lose.

Ultrah likes this.
  15. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Yep, I hear ya. I'm in the exact same boat. My Epics are pretty pathetic(except for Sniper cannon) and I'm only where I am with Rares.

I've been saying this since I started "The Shop Thread".

Helius Maximus likes this.
  16. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I'm a player that plays 4 boats and plays with almost with all weapons(I have 55 inventory slots), unfortunately I found zero success with the carronade. I scraped two rares after losing battles like crazy playing it on my speeder with minimal damage. I forced myself to play carronade after getting those two rares. It was useless. I save all my EPICS because I don't want to regret scrapping them. I will have to wait until I get to higher level ships that afford me space to play the rudder. But I can't play a rudder when I only have one or two blue slots. I will continue chugging away, the game is still crazy fun for me, just depressing to get such a lousy epic container.

17. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    I'm bored with the three weapons I use, my boat, and my general set-up. Started using speeder (I main Enforcer) and did horribly. Now grinding away with enforcer again and bored. I wish you could at least try different set-up's without the infamy tank or affecting other players. Something other than 5 v 5 PLEASE! King of the hill, maybe?

Last edited: 24 Aug 2017
    Riddlerpaji and Captain Gilligan like this.
  18. simonwor

simonwor New Member

So many of us have the same feeling, I played for a month , floating between the 1k to 2k inf. coz of the lack of powerful enough equipments. so open the 3900 pearls box........ Which gives me a epic scrapped without hesitate.....

Feeling nothing change even how hard you play, now I just login and get the minimum resource to train my crews ...... Sadly but true

19. DaveRay35

DaveRay35 Active Member

Personally i think the one thing that needs to change is more maps. The game play is dynamic, the ships and loadout variations varied, and the resource progression is stacked appropriately so you an attain decent levels and tiers for items.

What i have found is that there are infamy tiers that help my interest. Teams start getting good at about 1700. Im currently at 2300 and theres some really decent teamwork. Ive seen a mate at about 3000 and the teamwork, aided by lots of leg weps, gets very good.

20. Tease

Tease Member

This is why i am frustrated with game and have been sayijg rovio gonna lose players and money they could make if they just listened us :/ the extreme i have to go to try and gain infamy is insane i have a pic somewhere i did 16k damage 3 kills died and my 4 teammates lost to 2 enemies lol i swear so much would be fixed if we could fleet with more then just 1 friend we should be able to fleet with full guildmember team or else what is point of a guild anyways?

Attached Files: