1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for Defender mains

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by xxxBISMARCKxxx, 17 Aug 2017.

1. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Defender mains- what is your most annoying thing about playing the ship?

For me it's probably the fact that the size of the ship's hitbox doesn't seem to match up with the size of the ship shown on the screen. So you think you're dodging/missing things but then you really aren't. Even when you try to factor in the bigger hitbox, you're just playing your best guess about how far out your hitbox goes. This seems to be a much greater issue with Defender than other ships. Would much prefer it if the ship was as big as its hitbox.

Second most annoying thing is having someone run away in a 1v1 at the end and you can't do anything about it. But I think I kind of signed up for that playing a slower ship.

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

How long it takes to go into reverse! :( and if you hit a wall you're stuck for like 3 hours.

Ultrah and xxxBISMARCKxxx like this.
  3. xxxBISMARCKxxx

"I'm just going to pop out around this corner and shoot real quick then back right up.. wtf why am I not moving omg I'm stuck I'm dying ahhhhhh..."

Yeah. That's embarrassing.

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Sightrasher

Sightrasher New Member

Most annoying thing definitely, often showing up for first is like suicide, if your team is not taking advantage of your cover. That's why I hate coward shooters with only sniper cannons and long range mortars, completely useless to team. I love to see how they get fucked by enemy speeders when they end up being the last of the team. Sometimes of the shooter is really noob I love to record a video.

5. disorder

disorder Active Member

yes often, when i use this tactic there is at least 1-2 opponent dying.... i'm thinking...good fight is over... and looking at my team full of shooter... oh shit we gonna loose...(i've seen 3 shooter midlife against a speeder... we lost)

6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Teammates waiting until you die to finally come out. Take advantage of our HP and defense points dummies

7. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Lol yes the average shooter seems to be some less intelligent more fearful kind of person, but there's so many of them... it's just like real life in a way...

ThatOnion likes this.
  8. disorder

disorder Active Member

more a problem of ego... people like to make huge number, big damage...and are selfish
    i've played a lots of MMORPG (at least 7-8 during years)
    => support/healer/tank dissapear if they are bad, because without them team is over (and they need in general ton of good item for being good, they farm for other people, they need tactic too for being efficient).
    => having bad damage dealer in a team is not a problem if healer/tank/support are good. simple as that. they just farm for their huge dps.... and even if they got good item they often don't follow tactic... agro? what this shit, that's the problem of tank.... oh i run in middle of people and die, not my fault, the healer is bad...
    it's darwinism...

EDIT : a good shooter is a fucking monster, able to change totally the game... but minority of them are like this

ThatOnion and The Otherguy like this.
  9. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

i hope there is a xustom match or gameplay just for a specific ship that would be nice for us