1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mines are overpowered.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by D3X, 3 Aug 2017.

1. NaruDestroyer

NaruDestroyer Member

Makeloa. I don't think that is the point of this thread. You like mines. We get that. But this thread is about its damage which some of us think needs a nerf.

2. Makeloa

Makeloa Member

Only ones that want to nerf it, are the ones that got owned by a mine. Which themselves w/o looking where they are going deserved to be blown up. Then come here to cry about. Am I right? In real life you don't see ppl nerfing mines, why do it here I suggest adding more power to send a message!

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

That is not true. Just your bias defense. Players can use an item and still realize it's way stronger than it should be. I have complained about the big torpedo, flare gun and firebomb, all of which I use or was using at the time

ThatOnion likes this.
  4. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

In real life mines will blow up both friends or unfriend. Do you want this to happen?

5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

In real life you don't see people lighting the sea on fire and duct taping their boats either

Tiltalot, The Otherguy, Cyn and 3 others like this.
  6. flibbidy dibbidy

flibbidy dibbidy New Member

Would be nice if you or your teammates couldn't run over the mines......every other friendly weapon can be blocked by a teammate. Would be nice if mine, sank perhaps if it was touched by "friends"

Major Major and Shadow Moon! like this.
  7. Shadow Moon!

Exactly its a game so its pointless to give references about real life

Joey who likes this.
  8. Shadow Moon!

And in game it is necessary to nerf stuff so that people don't abuse its usage. Right now people are shitting mines all over the arena no strategy nothing that is why it needs a nerf.
    I saw a mk6 shooter with 6 mines shitting all over arena. You call that a strategy?

monobrow and ThatOnion like this.
  9. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

I myself have got a legendary mine. However, I swapped the mine out with a lvL 20 rare ballpark mortar because the mine just sucks. I win so much more matches with that weak ballpark mortar instead of that "overpowered" mine. You just can't always rely on some blindfolded player to sail into it.

Mine is not overpowered at all, take it from a guy who swapped out his legendary mine for a lvl 20 rare ballpark mortar.

10. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

What level is you Blastian? What level perks are you loading into it? And T4 Epic / T3 Legendary + is when it gets really strong as i mentioned countless times on this thread

Hint: Level 26 Blastian would equal 70% Damage increase.

2119 * 1.7 = 3600 damage at Level 1.

Last edited: 19 Aug 2017
  11. Wishaal

Sorry, this topic isn't just about you anymore, you are not the only player that exists. There are several players in this thread who claim that mines are overpowered, and I guess none of them are as high as you are. I doubt that they would even encounter tier 4 epic mines, let alone tier 3 legendary.

12. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

So @American Marauder, @Stelmo, @monobrow aren't at my level?? LOL
    Or better yet, saying it's irrelevant because you haven't reached a certain level is actually pretty Naive.

It was never about me. it's about the mines, and i basically stated the facts earlier on what makes them powerful and arguably overpowered. Yet you keep ignoring the facts and stating how they aren't in your own biased and lower infamy and lower levelled state.

13. Makeloa

Makeloa Member

It's called a mine field, to make you use your "brain" to figure out a strategy to solve the problem rather than crying to the forums to be nerf, are you saying that all players in the game needs this nerf so it be an easy win? An easy win that's no strategy, boring and you don't use your brain. Since most of us have brains, you would think of a way to solve your mine field issue correct? Like long range weapons, and for speeders it will slow them down fast, no more gorilla warfare when a mine field is in play.

14. Wishaal

Sorry, but I think you're the person who is biased here. I was not even refering to the players you mentioned. maybe I should reprase my sentence, most players aren't as high as you are.

If you think mines are overpowered, then I have a simple solution for you. Either don't play blindfolded, or just stop playing this game.

Calling an item overpowered because of the power it has in nightmare league... Calling an item overpowered based on matches that only 0,1% (probably even less) of the players participate in.

Now if you will excuse me, I'll go destroy some players who use mines. Even if it can deal over 9000 damage, I don't mind since I never get hit by those. (I must be really terrifying when I reach nightmare league, since I got the skill not to get hit by mines)

Last edited: 19 Aug 2017
    Makeloa likes this.
  15. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Whether or not it hits you is irrelevant. Instant kills don't belong in the game.

flibbidy dibbidy likes this.
  16. Makeloa

Makeloa Member

Then upgrade your boat so you be an instant kill crybaby victim!

17. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

So, use a Defender? Every other ship is either killed or taken very low by a single mine if it's upgraded enough.

18. disorder

disorder Active Member

quite normal... using a weapon that could perhaps explode (not sure) without giving max damage? ... no interest...

19. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Nah. I've played with a 7400 HP fixer, and fixer seems to be the lowest HP ship because it's the only one that can't equip a big shield. For example, I've seen lots of 9k+ HP shooters by now and a few 10k+ ones. I don't know what max mine damage is, but with a half trained blastian it shows about 4k damage for a max legendary (I don't have it, I viewed it in the shop). So lets say the rest of the training pushes that to 5k... that's about half the HP of a high end shooter. Nowhere near oneshot. You have to compare a high end mine to a high end ship.

Wishaal likes this.
  20. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Most people are in the 3-5k range not 10k infact and many speeders and fixers get one shoted