1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

2000 infamy gap fight

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Cpt Obvious, 15 Aug 2017.

1. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

IMG_7491.PNG

Fleeted with @Robos tonight, and we ended up in a fight with @Orpheus on our team. 4639 - 2639 = 2000 infamy gap!
    He pulled out a win with his magic speeder skills, even though we had a floater.

But, 2000 inf gap, holy shit, is that the max?
    Maxed T5 epic mk7 speeders in mk5 battles with t3 equipment is kinda insane :)

2. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Sounds like you didnt know that when you fleet with a noob, their infamy is ignored in the algorthym? Its only the higher infamy that matters. Not much annoys me more at 3k plus to see someone bring in their -800 friend. Pointless.

In short, dont fleet with people way below your own infamy please.

Anyway, On the matter at hand, yes. Matchmaking is <even more> broke at 3k plus.
    Devs amd whales gotta get quick queues though right!

#whalespaythabills

Miss-B likes this.
  3. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Hxd papa is a yolo player not surprised that you guys win

4. Cpt Obvious

Aha, did not know that, partly explains it, thank you. (Though, there's still a >1600 gap - more than 50% inf of the lowest ranked non-fleeted player).

I get that, I dont personally have that big of a problem with it for a ~300-400 difference, especially if that particular player normally is much higher infamy (just had the weekly scheduled infamy death spiral that we all experience) and I know he plays well. But yeah, see your point, it's hard for others to know that.

Yeah, the top really seems too sparsely populated :(

Last edited: 15 Aug 2017
  5. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Does the algorithm ignore the low infamy or does it average the team's infamy?

6. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

You can defeat the team, but in game also putin is undefeatable XD

7. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Too bad in my case Orpheus was the lame floater. Now if you look at enemy team you'll see his guildmate... Very suspicious...

image.jpg

Cpt Obvious likes this.
  8. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

it ignores the lower of the fleet's infamies and matches based on the highest

9. Miathan

About the thread: ever since hitting 3k infamy I've been getting into matches with nightmare players, but never 4500+. Here are a few of mine, infamy difference is 1200 (ish):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

You're in the big boy pool now, the gap in infamy probably starts spreading at that level, only way to create a match in a timely fashion.

11. Cpt Obvious

1866 infamy gap there, and no fleets. Wow :)

12. Miathan

1764 here

[​IMG]

13. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

That Epic Bandage though, holy cow. If everyone had one of those, you guys wouldn't need me. ;)

14. flibbidy dibbidy

flibbidy dibbidy New Member

Infamy gains and losses should be tied to level of infamy in a match. Not fair for someone 2000 infamy lower than top dog to lose 24 in one match. Penalty for a loss by an extremely high level vs low levelers should be higher IMO

15. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

In a timely fashion for people above 4000 though

16. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Was at 1602 earlier. Next match I was with a mk4 defender at 1860, and an unfriendly shooter at 1819 infamy.