1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Rare Parts too rare, game needs rebalancing

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Major Major, 17 Aug 2017.

1. Elurien

Elurien Member

Yes, the game is a patience game. I have been playing for 4 months and I buy every blue parts I can get because they are so rare. :(

2. flibbidy dibbidy

flibbidy dibbidy New Member

A month for one piece to upgrade a weapon is silly. And 9 out of ten folks won't wait that long, they'll quit

3. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

Oh boy, if you think rare parts are rare, you better don't have any plan to use epic items. Because epic parts are pretty damn elusive.
    I have only one epic weapon, the rest are rares. Upgrading the epic one is a pain in the butt. The parts are expensive, rarely show up in store, and to make it worse, upgrading epic items requires more rare parts than upgrading rare items.
    But really, the trick is to purchase and stock up every part whenever you can, having everything ready in Stock speeds up the process a little bit.

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. KiloMeda

KiloMeda Member

Have to agree that once you start needing duplicate rares to keep up, it gets disheartening. I just hit 1,000 games today after playing for about 5-6 weeks. I have one duplicate rare weapon - big torpedo and I'd prefer not to use it. What type of marathon is required just to get Tier 2 rares for a weapon you semi-want to play with? 1,500 games? That seems like a very long time considering a new player will encounter players with Tier 3 rares and Tier 2 epics in about 200 games.

The scaling just doesn't seem to align across the board:
    • I just got the ability to purchase MK4 shooter, but I only have tier 1 rare weapons. Alternatively, I could get an MK4 fixer, but I only have Tier 2 uncommons and no green rares. The ships seem to be leveling much faster than the weapons.
    • I can't upgrade my green uncommons to Tier 3 because my sugar cap is lower than the sugar required to train the crew member. Are level AND sugar caps really necessary? It seems so artificial.
    • Currently, I can have an MK4 shooter with tier 3 reds, but my MK4 fixer can only have tier 2 greens for my past 2 levels. Are they trying to funnel players toward a specific class?
    • A new player with an MK2 will encounter MK4's with tier 3 rares and tier 2 epics in about 200 games. However, it takes 1,500+ games to achieve a similar loadout. This seems to escalate way too fast.

5. flibbidy dibbidy

flibbidy dibbidy New Member

They certainly have over complicated the process.....

6. Try to win nubs

Try to win nubs Member

Hahahahaha .... Dude.. i have rares tier IV... U have 20 Quests per week andd thats too much gold/sugar.. u can buy from store ... Dont cry.

7. CrawlingSkeleton

CrawlingSkeleton Member

If you have a surplus of green, upgrade uncommon items to level 21 (Tier 3) before scrapping and the scrap should give you rare level loot (instead of scrapping base items when you find them).
    If you have rare items that you don't like/ have too many of, scrap them at level 11 (Tier 2) for best advantage out of scrapping.

8. Kazeshini

Kazeshini New Member

Thats just give you better rarity power cell man not parts. I just tried thats and indeed u need a lot space inventory to keep evolved unused item.

9. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    You don't need high rarity weapons to be good. Right now, I'm using a t3 uncommon until I get a duplicate for my rare. I recommend working on skill, and letting the RNG do its thing. You'll get lucky, trust me.

10. CrawlingSkeleton

CrawlingSkeleton Member

@KiloMeda I don't understand how you don't have rares at a 1000 battles. :/
    I recently completed 1000 and my entire loadout is rare and my turbo is epic, scrapped all uncommons I had.
    Just keep buying those rare pieces from the shop and combining for rare weapons, then use whatever you get duplicates for.
    I already have 5 Sniper Cannons (hit tier 3 and now I have 2 more), 4 Ballparks, 3 Napalms, 3 Repair Bolts, 2 Rudders, 3 Big Shields and all of them are rare.

Make it a point to buy pieces whenever available. It shouldn't take more than 2-3 weeks to accumulate a good collection of rares, especially with the end of week rewards (if you login everyday) and the 'Complete 18 Quests' challenge in the quest section that gives you 2 rare chests.

The Otherguy likes this.