1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Never seen before Internet service error msg

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Dr.pie, 15 Aug 2017.

1. Dr.pie

Dr.pie Member

So, suddenly this happens, lol wut o_O
    Anybody else ever had this problem?
    It happenned when I tabed the BB icon on my home screen and it started to load up like always, but the load up took forever and then it gave me this error msg.

Edit: Yeah, so it works again. Probably nothing, just general lagg or whatever. But, I thought I'd report anyway

Attached Files:

Last edited: 15 Aug 2017
  2. Jstajlr

Jstajlr New Member

I received it once when trying to trying top play from a public wifi. I've never seen it from home, 4g or other public wifi.

3. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    In general it means that your internet wasn't up to par at that moment. That's also why it worked for you later on, because your internet started performing well again. The game uses a lot of bandwidth (internet) to keep the game running without client lag. So if your internet is connecting...but not performing well it should spit out this message

4. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Actually the game uses extremely little amount of bandwidth, around 2 KB/s when playing a battle.

Miathan likes this.
  5. Daidem

Daidem New Member

How affective is it if I play in half resolution?

6. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Resolution does not matter for bandwidth usage. It only affects framerate and battery consumption.

Miathan and Daidem like this.
  7. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

Resolution changes don't affect bandwidth usage, just processor strain on your device.

Daidem likes this.
  8. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    I stand corrected lol, that's good to know

9. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

The ads you watch afterwards for non-VIP players are likely hundredfold the amount of bandwidth compared to game data.