1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Q] Infamy win/loss amounts

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Tripple Moon, 13 Aug 2017.

1. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    Why does the screen say that you win or loose 24 infamy points when they actually are different?
    I noticed this by close observation...
    Easy way to notice is the infame of other players in the listing you see before and after a match.
    Pure logic tells you that ALL infamy points should be a multiple of 24, as it is stated as +-24 points per match.
    Then how come 2 players can differ by 1 point etc?

2. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

I think there's a posibility of winning or losing 21-25 infamy points and it's never a rounded number anyway so sometimes it ends up showing as more or less in your total infamy anyway. This is no secret.

3. lucky2431

lucky2431 Member

24 +-1 per battle

4. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Someone just got 26 earlier today though so I guess it's 21-26

5. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    So it's a well known bug? I see okay...

6. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

It's not a bug

7. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

The reason for this is they are using floating point numbers for the calculations (decimal numbers).
    The infamy you see on your profile / in battle is an integer (whole number). So they round up and down. Your infamy may be 2124.789 so it will display as 2125 instead, but then when it gets to say 2147.128 it will round down and display as 2147. This is the same for ALL numbers in the game, ship and weapon stats are all decimal numbers that round up and down only to display a cleaner number to you (they don't round the amount up or down in the background, so you don't gain or lose any extra numbers through the rounding.)

Last edited: 14 Aug 2017
    Jennyfur3810 likes this.