1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Meta Snapshot 9/8 - 3rd installment

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kitterini, 9 Aug 2017.

1. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Do you even play enforcer? Your analysis seems purely theoretical to me. Perhaps even if you have played enforcer, you must be one of those people who only built turbos, overboost, nitro on an enforcer and played it like a speeder just to have a 3 weapon speeder?.

Enforcers are certainly not like speeders and it's way better at positioning simply by virtue of having excellent reverse acceleration which alone enables it to be a better distraction ship than even speeder

Mk4 has the same set up as a speeder but at higher mk levels the set up is completely different, it cam hold 3 1 slot weapons, 2 2 slot and 1 1 slot control items and 2 1 slot passive items. There maybe a few players who do not utilize all the slots they are provided by using overboost or something but let's not go there now.

Enforcer, if built right can destroy speeders and one of the biggest reasons it appears that speeders have an edge I believe is cause there are not enough enforcers at higher level game play to counter them.

We need more decent enforcers who don't try to play it like speeder. Only more enforcers can stop this speeder meta I believe. Whenever I play speeder, I simply don't even try to get away from the team if the opposing team has an enforcer. I have met a few enforcers, they can take me out in like 30 seconds tops and it's like they aren't even sweating. I can't counter, can't run, can't do nothing.

ThatOnion likes this.
  2. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Good enforcers are terrifying. Widow Maker and Thunder Sword know what's up. I might actually play enforcer one day if I get the gear.

3. CheekyDevilGod

Please use frost launcher as one of the items, highly under used and extremely useful against speeders.

4. - Oskar -

- Oskar - Well-Known Member

wow great post again!! thanks Kitterine.
    I will bet for "buf" some weapons better than nerf others... (and maybe put another 10 seconds to the stun so when they cath you once you can switch off the ipad... XDDD)

5. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Not so useful against speeders...

6. CheekyDevilGod

I can hit speeders with standard mortars by leading my shots and I suck, I'm sure Porthos can hit them with a frost launcher

7. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Euhm, You sure you have no trouble hitting speeders with mortar? I can also hit speeders with my big bertha... If I'm lucky. 95% of the time I just completely miss. And the other 5% I just hit for little damage. No matter your skill, you just can't reliably hit speeders with mortars. Are you sure you weren't exagerating?

8. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

big berta is almost impossible to hit speeders because it's terribly slow compared to other mortars(frost launcher has double radius and after obtaining perft crew perks has about 50% increase. In projectile speed) . However having said that i use long range mortar (the fastest one), the only time i remember hitting them to speeder is when the person using it is a noob.
    From my experience it doesn't help, considering that the speeders at higher infamy have terrific turbos and Overboost, i don't think it helps. You can't deny frost launcher also has fast projectile and a fairly good radius,yet if the speeders hits the edge it doesn't matter much because the speed decrease is won't be that significant.

9. CheekyDevilGod

Damn right I have issues but I can still hit them, it's not as hard ad you say it is, especially with lrm.

As for big bertha, you can't even hit shooters with that, forget speeders, that thing is slow as fudge.

10. CheekyDevilGod

I'm not high level so I can not comment, however even if you can't slow down speeders, you can still freeze every other ship, not a big deal but helps if you use mortar and torp, makes it easier to land and does extra dmg.

11. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

mortar and torps vs speeders, gonna ignore the rest of your posts

12. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

*sigh* uptite speeders saying that they are "better players" than everone else.
    I am SO tiered off this stuff. if it was alowed, I would be cussin' away about it.

13. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

14. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I haven't touched speeder since I was mk4. Try again

Shadow Moon! and Ian like this.
  15. CheekyDevilGod

You blind bruh, I just said it works on everything else but speeders, and for your information it is possible to hit mk4 speeders with mortars and torps if they were frosted.

16. CheekyDevilGod

You wait you ignored me, awww too bad, we have another maruder here

17. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

I did not ignore, and I am probaly an idoit.
    ouch.

18. disorder

disorder Active Member

in fac not really :)
    it's not really useful against speeder, it's useful for player not able to leadshot(joke inside).

19. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    Don't try to use Frost Launcher against a speeder. Might work once in a while, but a mediocre speeder could easily dodge it. Frost Blaster, on the other hand, turns speeders into squishy little targets.

Ian likes this.
  20. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

No speeder could dodge a well placed frost launcher. The radius is enormous and the flight time is like a grenade launcher. Have you even tried using frost launcher?