1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to keep my sanity low level....

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by flibbidy dibbidy, 11 Aug 2017.

1. flibbidy dibbidy

flibbidy dibbidy New Member

I'm still pretty new to this game so bear with me.... I claim to be nothing more than a noob, I have all mk1 boats except for my shooter at mk 2. I get to roughly 500-550 infamy and hit a wall. My hit points are insane low compared to other boats it seems. I'm rocking 900 hps compared to others with 3000 + hps. I stand almost zero chance against multiple mk3/4's that I see in matches. And it seems most every game there is a boat dead in the water on our team every match..... not only that every match at least one boat rushes five enemy boats at the beginning and gets slaughtered. Observations......
    - the rank system seems to encourage players to quit matches in order to tank their infamy to be even remotely competitive.
    - the trash players with mk3/4 tanks hanging in the 500 infamy range are ruining the experience for the new players trying to learn the ropes. We get smashed by noobs that have 3000 hps and just sit and shoot...... it seem like this has to be addressed or new players will just quit.
    - playing with my low level slug of a boat, I have almost no ability to peek a boom, or flank or just about anything other than just rush head on and shoot at each other face to face( which is idiotic btw) your almost sucked into rushing every match as two of your mates are guaranteed to yolo within the first minute.
    - the upgrade time is........sigh....
    So I guess my question is.......how does one keep their sanity low level? If you climb in ranks then your rewarded with getting smashed by high level boats that have tanked infamy in order to upgrade. Making it so I can't upgrade because I get smashed by high level boats that have tanked their infamy in order to upgrade, which in turn makes me want to tank my infamy so I can upgrade my stuff , which in turn.....etc etc etc......seems like a viscous downward spiral of suckass.
    What did you guys ,that play high level, do to start? Just power through it? I see the potential for fun in the game but holy cow it's a grind right now....
    Seems like a solution would be to match similar tier boats against each other somehow?.....I could see the downfall when pros play low level of course and would be able to overinflate their infamy, there has to be someone smarter than me with a solution as it seems like the current system needs some serious tweaking. Oh well......thanks for the rant. Flib

Crashedup, Cyn and Ultrah like this.
  2. chimiXchanga

chimiXchanga New Member

Invest, and realize it's not worth it on the long run. I'm on day 2, hit 300, met the mk4 guys, downcreased in 30 minutes back to 100. It's practically impossible/useles with no fun in it as f2p.

This is my 2nd post and the only reason I created this account was to report the match making system.

Crashedup and disorder like this.
  3. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

We did not have this issue back when we the older players started. Back in our days we never faced an mk4 till we hit 900-1k infamy.

It appears that there's a sudden boom in wallet warriors due to the increase in sheer number of players due to popularity of the game.

The algorithm used to catch seal clubbers or club sealers is faulty and admins refuse to even acknowledge the existence of the issue despite the whole community always yelling at them. Any attempt to request them to do anything at all results in no response, it's not just you who's having issues, this goes as far as ace league I guess.

The community keeps making noises but 0 response, keep making posts like this and lets hope they actually even try.

Seal clubbers are a much bigger problem now than they used to be for god knows what reason.

4. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I agree with this. I'm seeing posts from new players saying they're facing off against Mk4 boats with Epic gear at 500 infamy. There's no way for a F2P to survive at that level.

Matchmaking needs to take gear and ship Mk into account, or the new players will quit in frustration leaving only the old-guard F2P crowd who got started early enough to avoid this, and the Wallet Warriors who pay the entrance toll.

WarCream likes this.
  5. chimiXchanga

chimiXchanga New Member

Check my 1st post, faced them at under 300.

6. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I'll freely admit that I wouldn't have kept playing if that's what I was facing when I started. Can't say I blame you for not wanting to continue.

SharkTank and ThatOnion like this.
  7. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

I honestly would have been demotivated facing these kind of players if I started. Luckily I started during global release and met MK1-2s even up to 1000 infamy but it's very different now. I even tried to get my friend to play but he quit a few days later.

ThatOnion likes this.
  8. flibbidy dibbidy

flibbidy dibbidy New Member

Thx for the responses. At least the community knows wassup. Most game makers are slow to respond until it hurts their wallet. And if there's a huge influx of players paying to upgrade then clearly a response will be delayed. I'll see if I can't hack it a bit longer. I've always been a grind it out kinda guy( clash o clans/ world o tanks) but this one has been especially frustrating. I love the idea of high level play as I've watched a few vids and it seems like a quality game at higher levels. Good luck to you all

Captain Gilligan and behumble like this.
  9. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

It will take a while for anything to change, as Rovio is undoubtedly raising revenue each money and more and more new players start out. These people will spend money before they realize it's a fools errand.

10. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Stick with it for sure then!
    if you want to rise quickly through the 500-1k mush, play fixer :) (it balances out after you get more skilled players around similar mk levels) But then switch to shooter or whatever boat you are interested in, you will face more fair and fun matches
    Also i want to note that mk1-3 are basically starter boats, and u cant really compete with anyone until mk4 :) (mostly because of hp)
    But play a lot, get some gold, sugar and pearls, then train captains fast as possible!
    I see mk4s at 2600 infamy, its a big change if you stick with it!

11. guykakin

guykakin Member

Ive been playing for a while and it was a real grind to climb and it was fun to finally get somewhat closer to the top . But now I have to deal with wallet warriors who have artificially high infamy.. I'm sure its frustrating for new player who don't pay to get destroyed by those who do and its probably why new players uninstall after a few games... I personally know a few
    That being said bb is a super fun game and its still worth the grind

12. CheekyDevilGod

Please do not quit, it's an amazing game and the community is trying the best it can to resolve this issue, the devs, not so much.

13. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

True, I contacted Rovio about this game and never got a response.

14. CheekyDevilGod

Want to start an online petition?

Ultrah and behumble like this.
  15. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

As a newer player, I dealt with the same problem. It took forever to reach 500, I bounced around the high 300's to 400's for weeks. It can be done though. Just keep working at it and upgrading. I was suprised at how many mk3s and mk4s were in this range; and even seeing an occasional mk5 (that was always on the opposing team).

The one thing that I seem to have noticed is that the matchmaking doesn't seem to be purely based on infamy as the developers claim that it is. There seems to be a system in place to keep your win-loss record around 50%. As I've gone on win streaks and boosted my infamy quickly, I've all of a sudden come into situations where the opposing team has always had stronger ships than mine had. Or if my infamy had dropped significantly due to losing streaks, the opposite had shown. Since I started tracking the numbers, I'm really curious how it is that less than 20% of the time, I'm on the team with stronger ships; around 25% of the time its equal, but around 55% of the time the opposition has stronger ships. If the matchmaking was truly based on simple infamy scores, I would expect to see a ratio of 33%, 33%, 33%. The reality of it is that its not even close to that.

16. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

IMG_3983.JPG

17. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I went back to my long forgotten Android account to see what was going on. Had no problem up until 500 but as soon as I hit 500.
    [​IMG]
    Not to mention occasional mk4 douchebags like this guy. Ruining the game for new players around 400.
    [​IMG]

Cyn likes this.
  18. CheekyDevilGod

Warning, apparently there are even mk5s in your infamy range, and 1 mk6 has been seen in 300s.

We strongly urge that you immediately report these people and help keep the gaming community clean

19. CheekyDevilGod

• Percy • and Ultrah like this.
  20. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, man. That's seriously suck. I started playing on global launch, back then the problem wasn't as bad as it is now.
    But I assure you even on higher leagues this problem exist. I have an mk4, playing on 2100 infamy range. Occasionally the game would put me in a match among mk6s, you'll feel like a real cannon fodder being there. Or mk6 on opposing team whenever I'm on a winning streak all in the name of keeping the unnecessary 50:50 win lose ratio.
    They should really take things like captain level, gears, and mk's into account in matchmaking.