1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The Do's and Don'ts (a topic for general advice)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Wishaal, 19 Jul 2017.

1. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Do communicate. Call the kill if you see an obvious opportunity for team.

Don't spam communication with useless messages. Boy who cried wolf.

Do always attack as a team. 2 attackers on one target at least. The quicker you eliminate guns on the field, the faster you get firepower advantage.

Do attack from right angles. Make your target have to turn his boat/turret to hit both of you as it limits splash damage potential.

Do not stun a target then shoot him 2 seconds later. It's dumb.

Do shoot a target then stun him 2 seconds later. That's smart.

Do not drop a mine when in a dogfight just because it's your only weapon not on cooldown. It's 99% if the time useless due to arming time and triggers a 2.5 second reload time again.

Defenders- do not rush unless you are sure your team knows to rush with you. Do not go out in front of your team and "block" shots. You are a sitting duck. Rather, use cover and work your way close to enemy so you can get your 10k+ hp right up in their face.

2. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I think these general tips that experienced players shared should be included somewhere in game info itself, because lot of players do not use forums and they can never know what are tricks to grab a win. This types of threads should be promoted in game's inbox itself.....

Mr. Chompers, _devill and - Oskar - like this.
  3. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I hope more defenders read these, and can you make a thread about general tips for defenders specifically, it would be great

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  4. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Pin this topic to forum.

Mr. Chompers and Wishaal like this.
  5. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Assume that your team is filled with retards?? It usually is

6. VaM RoiD

VaM RoiD Member

Very well written article, A true guide for battle bay...One must follow! :)

Wishaal likes this.
  7. VaM RoiD

VaM RoiD Member

Tha
    That's why we fleet ;)

behumble and Wishaal like this.
  8. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

-- use the terrain in your advantage base on your ship .
    Don't chase speeders.......
    And lastly, learn how to aim.

Elena Kr and Wishaal like this.
  9. JustPlainSowad

JustPlainSowad Active Member

Product Manager//Technology Entrepreneur
    this is a great post that everyone should read

behumble and Wishaal like this.
  10. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Keep buying commons and keep scraping them, if you find item pieces ALWAYS buy them no matter what.

You will keep getting cool stuff and even duplicates for them. You get a new badass weapon or item always TRY IT OUR IMMEDIATELY. Practice with it till you learn how to work it right, truat me you won't regret it.

In order to avoid being stuck in a long term losing streak or an infamy wall. Consistently keep leveling up your gear with the duplicates you got from common scraping and buying.

New players download the game everyday, players get a rare or epic everyday. Everybody's consistently improving so if you stop, you won't stay in the same infamy range, you will continue to drop.

Leveling up too slowly might keep you in the wall too, the only way to progress beyond a limit is to rapidly upgrade your gears at a pace that exceeds that of your peers.

This is strictly for the decently skilled ftp players. The rest of you guys learn to move and shoot at the same time, learn when to push and when to not, learn how to stick together and learn how to lead shots seriously.

I recently reached ace 3 and I can't believe the number of lame players out there.

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  11. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

If you have maxed out your gold, then buy some commons and scrap them. You'll get lots of rare pieces that way. And even some epics or legendary piece if you're extremely lucky. But DON'T buy every item part. If you never use green or yellow items, then don't buy them obviously, but rather save up that gold.

Euhm... Don't always immediatly try out new weapons. A tier 1 rare/epic will always be worse than a tier 4 rare. Using a significantly weaker weapon will just drag you and your team down. How is an epic railgun that deals 350 damage better than a tier 4 rare explosive canon with 897 damage? (No I'm not having this discussion here, please refer to 1 of Joeyaa's topics if you want to discuss how it won't drag your team down)

And of course keep your gear upgraded to the max you can for your captain level... But this does not guarantee that your infamy will raise. Weapons are only as strong as the player using it, so you'll need to develop your own skills as well. Don't just depend/hope on your gear to rise.

Elena Kr likes this.
  12. JustPlainSowad

JustPlainSowad Active Member

Product Manager//Technology Entrepreneur
    If anyone(skilled long time player) wants to go through all the posts and compile a list of everything that would be awesome.

We can probably pin this and also put it up on our discord channel.

FYI - If anyone wants to join our discord channel
    https://discord.gg/K7ApyPX

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  13. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Oops, sorry, should have worded it better.

Buy every item part of the colour YOU USE, Certainly buy red and blue item pieces (Getting blue is a bit more rare so please don't miss that one) buy only buy yellow and green if you use those ships.

Now try to read and understand carefully. What I meant is, don't refrain from trying out nice epics and rares of items that work differently from what you usually use simply cause you've never used them before.

I refrained from using torps and railguns and never used them at all and I've been rnged with enough rare and epic railguns and torps to reach atleast tier 4 rare and tier 3 epic with them.

I did the stupidest thing and scraped them cause I have never used them before and as my peers have stated before, using a new weapon will bring you and your team down initially.

But with practice and careful upgrading it will take you to greater heights. I never used mortars before 900 infamy cause I was used to cannons and now I run a triple mortar set up that works amazing for me so far.

But yes, practice and skills are more important, and as I have already stated, this is for the ftp players with decent skills who are stuck in an infamy wall or continuously falling.

Upgrading an item can immediately relieve you of a losing streak and break a wall as far as I have seen.

P2p players and players without skills, this advice is NOT for you, you guys need to work on the other departments.

14. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Not removing stuns is a big one; I can't wait until I reach a level where people stop doing it.

One of my teammates basically lost us the game yesterday doing that. I think we were 2v2: speeder + fixer vs shooter + fixer. All damaged, but the unfriend's fixer was really damaged and had run off. My fixer was getting trashed by the shooter.

So I come screaching up to support my fixer, put two shots on the shooter, and as he turns to face me I manage to stun him, just in time.

Now he has me locked, both my guns are on cooldown. The fixer could have just chilled and healed us both, but instead he decided to ping the shooter with his useless pea-shooter cannon, and remove the stun. So now the shooter is free to unleash all his weapons on me, while I'm still on cooldown, I die pretty much instantly. Then the unfriend's fixer comes back starts healing. So now it's 1v2: fixer on his own versus shooter and fixer... obviously, he didn't stand a chance. So infuriating, when we pretty much had the game won.

If you see someone on stun, leave it, leave it, leave it! Even if you're not cooling down, one of your team probably is, and put the stun there for a reason.
    I don't disagree about the 2 seconds, but I might add that it's not always bad to stun first.

The Tesla Bolt is fast and much easier to hit with than other weapons, so it can be quite useful as a first volley. Against things like speeders, for example, it makes it easy to line up a big hit with something like an exploding cannon, without them doing any yellow item shenanigans. Against shooters, it allows me to get in close without having to eat loads of sniper fire. I find my games tend to go better when I use stun early and often.

Last edited: 17 Sep 2017
    _devill likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Don't panic under a mortar shower. This is major. If you DO panic, there's a good reason. If you have the full undivided attention of the enemy artillery, you have about 10 seconds to live(unless you are NOT a shooter/defender). So, what do you do? At least die in style, and TRY( this may not be possible) to take one with you.
    And of course, DON'T get in your teammates' way, for God's sake. Also, DON'T shower mortars for no reason at spawn, OR start a pulse there. This may reveal your position.

_devill likes this.