1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

To all the guild leaders, what are your reasons for creating/managing a guild?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Wishaal, 10 Aug 2017.

1. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

In this game we don't really have alot of guild functions. (Hopefully we'll have more in the future). That being said, I'm curious as to why you created a guild, or why you are managing a guild.

I'm looking forward to hearing the various reasons, but in the meanwhile, I'll tell my reasons for being a guild leader.

(This is kinda a long story, and I won't blame you if you don't want to read it. But nevertless, I'm still curious about your reasons, so please tell them wether you read my story or not)

As I just started this game, I noticed that there were several Dutch exclusive guilds in this game, so I joined a Dutch guild. (Because I'm Dutch myself). I have been in several Dutch guilds, however, I just couldn't find an active guild. In the meanwhile I was just high enough to join the top guild of my country. I figured that higher players are generally more active than the lower players, and will also stay active for a longer time. So I requested to join, and luckily they accepted me.

Being in the top Dutch guild was lots of fun, the people were friendly and active, and I felt kinda honoured that I was in the same guild as the best players from my country. I kept rising my infamy, and after a while I was promoted to officer. In the meanwhile the guild leader became inactive, and the guild was slowly getting inactive. So I started kicking the inactives and inviting new players. I hated it, but I didn't want the top guild to fall apart. And while the other officers were still active, they didn't help out in any way.

After a while I finally convinced that guild leader to make me the leader. I don't really like it. I hate kicking low people, and I hate demoting officers, and deciding who to promote to officer next. However, I wanted the top Dutch guild to stay active, but nobody else would do their best. So that's why I am the guild leader. If I won't do it, then nobody would, and then I would lose my active and friendly Dutch guild. Luckily I finally have a few officers now who also do their best. (Unfortunatly they don't want to be the new leader, so I'm still the guild leader)

Ok, that was a long story, but my case was kinda special I guess.

That being said, I'm curious about the leaders of other guilds. And even better if you too have a long story like mine, so please share it with us.

Last edited: 10 Aug 2017
  2. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I just started one to help new players get the pearls for joining, and of course to offer any info and advice they needed. Back then there weren't so many noob guilds available.
    Also my guild has the best name.

3. Jennyfur3810

Jennyfur3810 Active Member

My reason for creating my guild is to have space to talk to other people (that's not horrible like the chat rooms) everyone in my guild is super awesome and we help each other with weapon choices, we vent when we have loosing streaks, and we congratulate each other for our achievements. I love my guildies and we all have a common ground to talk and see who to fleet with (most of us are around the same level)

4. DaveRay35

DaveRay35 Active Member

i wanted a safe place where people arent idiots, respect each other, and that there are no dramas. I dont care if poeple are quiet or noisy (weve got both) as long as people are active, there is someone to chat with, and people are open to fleeting evernow and again.

I created my guild cos the one i was in previously folded due to an inactive leader. I've also got a lot of experience managing online groups and weeding out undesirables.

I am both waiting for, and nervous of the potential impact on there being, a higher purpose for guilds.

5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I had a guild but I made someone leader and left it. After a dev told me guild events would only slow down progress for everyone I just gave up on managing a guild. I think after more people start actively playing they will add some event.

JDAR likes this.
  6. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

TBH they are pointless rn I disbanded my guild and left the other guild I had joined. If they ever have guild wars or fleets of 5 I'll join a guild again

7. SCOOTY PUFF Jr

SCOOTY PUFF Jr Active Member

I started a guild with real life friends and called it the most ridiculously silly name I could think of at the time. It's since grown and the members we have are all just plain awesome, we also talk often outside of the game I've made some great new friends

8. StormBlazet

StormBlazet New Member

I did it cause I wanted to bundle people I like to regularly fleet with

9. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

Any room for 1:p

10. StormBlazet

StormBlazet New Member

Yeah, Guild is Gunz and Glory! [GAG1]

JDAR likes this.
  11. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

I created a guild because i couldnt find a good one for me :p
    Honestly, its been really fun to start one from scratch, especially because this is my first time creating a guild, and to have people actually want to join is amazing to me.
    We still have some of the og members from when it first started up :D but many became inactive overtime, those are easy to kick haha
    But I have had to kick a few members that were active but were making the guild a toxic environment.
    But as for kicking players with low infamy....I dont care so much about being the #1 guild in terms of infamy. If they are active and above 1k infamy I am happy to have them. If they drop below that I wont kick :) It is a bummer though, because at this point I cant fleet with anyone in my guild, and neither can the lowest members. Im considering changing that, but we will see :)

12. saracollins

saracollins New Member

after how long of being inactive do you decide to kick someone? you do realize its summer and most people are on holiday, traveling, partying or chilling with friends out on the sun. i say cut them some slack.

13. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

I created my guild Juice Family [JUFAM] with my sister so we can shape the environment to fit our preference of Friendly English speaking guild.

14. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

I too created a Guild INDIAN - NAVY, but i found nothing more with the guild..just for fleeting,
    we cannot even check the guild rank according to guild members infamy...if it is there every one will play hard when in guilds. then its good for promotions and demotions...
    its waste now untill unless guild rank and guild fights started....
    Previously i requested for guild fights, but no responce from admins....

kicking the low infamy people when some high infamy member comes...moslty happening in all guild.
    but i warn in guild chat as we remove the members by giving 1 month time to increase their progress...
    Thats what i doo....

15. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Ive always been active in guilds and at some point always got fed up with the way they were run. So thought, screw it, ill create my own that gives me the final say on what type of guild we are and who are members. Our rules are simple, be nice, have fun and no drama!

Doing great so far, only 1 larger UK guild around from what I can see. But without the egos :)

16. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

I joined my guild when it was full noobs. The old leader put me in charge, and look at Team Canada now: 250 members across 10 guilds, a discord server, and our highest record in guild leaderboard is 9th (for now). We are the only all-Canadian guild in the top 30. It's fun to talk to, swap strategies, and just be plain patriotic with fellow Canadians.

But to answer your question, the reason I manage our guild is so that Team Canada can continue to conquer the world. If you want a job done right, you're going to have to do it yourself.

Nikkie! and Wishaal like this.
  17. Wishaal

Usually, I give them 10 days wich is alot in games like this. Im the meanwhile I will have also send a few personal messages, if they respond, then I know they aren't inactive. But I do make exceptions when they tell me anout holidays, then I know they have a good reason for being inactive. It's nice if they tell me, then I know they will be back instead of staying inactive forever.

I also make screenshot of every guild members profile every 7-10 days. If they haven't done any battles during that time, then it's most likely that they are inactive. It's really a drag. That's why I don't like being the guild leader. But as long as nobody wants to be the leader, I'm forced to do this.

Jennyfur3810 likes this.
  18. Wishaal

Yup, I will warn them before hand, but I can also understand if someone is just having a bad day. However if they stay that low for weeks... Then I'm forced to make hard decicions.

I just wanted players with infamy higher than average because they will most likely stay active. It was never my intention to have to have the top guild, but it was the top guild when I joined, so why throw away all the effort that the previous leader has made.

So far, my guild is really doing well, just look at how we're dominating. (I just wish I could report the number 2 player. He can't speak dutch, nor understand a single word of it. He doesn't even live in the Netherlands. That noob is just using some vpn or gps spoofing just so he could be at the top somewhere. I hate that people like this resort to cheating if they aren't good enough to be in the top of their own country. The same goes for number 9, he is not dutch either, and he is inactive.

image.jpg image.jpg

(Too bad @Miathan doesn't want to join us, but I respect his decision. He doesn't want to abandon his friends wich is totally a noble and respectable thing.)

Last edited: 11 Aug 2017
  19. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

I too wont remove active players...only for inactive players..
    its just to filter,
    but unfortunately i dirty person asked for promotion as his infamy is higher than me, so i gave promotion..
    he removed 4 players suddenly with out notice...who did not retuned to my guild back even after invitation....i really felt bad with him and kicked him out...as he is aggressive person.

20. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Happened to my guild too where I let someone become officer and kicked members. Now, only trusted player are allowed to be my officers which is how it should be. I wish there were multiple levels of leadership with custom or preset privileges.