1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Do Fixers get shafted in rewards?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SharkTank, 9 Aug 2017.

1. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

I pretty much exclusively play with a shooter, so I have no direct experience piloting a fixer; but I was thinking of making the switch to one. I'm always the "aggressor" on my team and I think it would be fun to play the support role.

With that being said, I'm always seeing fixers get the short end of the stars at the end of battles. My question is do they also get shafted when it comes to gold and sugar rewards?

As an example of fixers getting shafted, the attached screen shows them each at the bottom with no stars despite keeping us all in the game for three minutes.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Yup, fixers really draw the short end of the stick when it comes to rewards. There are several topics where the admins stated that there is no problem at all regarding fixers and star rewards.

If I recall, the admins say something like, it factors in wich player your are healing, you'll get more stars if you heal the top damage dealing player instead of the players that doesn't contribute much...

This is what the admins say, but honestly, I don't believe the admins at all when they say that the star rewards are also fair for fixer. And this is coming from someone who doesn't even play fixer. I see so many matches where I feel like the fixer deserved the top position instead of last or second to last.

3. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Stars yes, we get shortchanged. Unless you happen to get a ringer on your team and pocket-heal them, you'll usually only get one star for a win.

Gold and sugar? For a win where I die early or have to spend most of the time self-healing, it's about 19K gold, 11K sugar. Survive and do well, 23K+13K. Three-star games are rare and get me about 28K+16K. How's that line up with other classes?

LightningBolts likes this.
  4. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

Depends what league you are in. I get about 30K gold and 16K sugar in Ace II (2,600 infamy) in a win with bonus.

behumble likes this.
  5. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

I agree. There is no way fixers get equal number of stars.

6. KiloMeda

KiloMeda Member

Still new to the game, but I have never received 3 stars as a fixer in 100+ games (estimate). If a shooter has 200 more damage than me, despite 3-4k healing on my part, they are, more often than not, ranked higher than me. I have supported shooters for a full match (we end up the last 2) where they are highest damage and I still end up 4th or 5th in score on our team.

Still learning, so it could definitely be me, but I tend to heal just as opposing fixers.

Last edited: 9 Aug 2017
    LightningBolts likes this.
  7. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Yep, im in same infamy and league, around that for a great game.
    but not super often, usually wins score me 25-28k

8. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Master I, so it lines up about the same considering the league bonuses.

Though I have noticed that since I bought my Mk5, I haven't gotten a single Gold quest yet ...

9. BuffTerminator41

BuffTerminator41 New Member

If any picture highlights the imbalance, this one does... granted it was a defeat, so no stars, but I was still ranked last with 12, 750 in fixing. EVEN BEHIND ANOTHER FIXER I OUT PERFORMED. Screenshot_2017-07-30-15-24-27.png

Last edited: 10 Aug 2017
  10. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

I
    I agree with u on this the rewards r highly dependent on what is ur dmg in a match and which is unfair to other ships specially fixer and yellow boats

11. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

This all can be fixed if the developers can just find the equivalent for this much healing of ur comarades ship is equal to this much dmg.
    For ex healing ur friends ship for 50 pts = 75 pts worth dmg
    As per my observation the rewards r highly dependent/calculated on the basis of dmg

BuffTerminator41 likes this.
  12. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

When you get the same amount of stars, you are listed according to damage. Guessing this will be fixed at some point.

What your screenshot does illustrate is how difficult it is to get stars when your teammates arent doing much. Despite you putting up a decent fight you get 0*'s because your teammates damage is terrible. That feels depressing at times.

13. Battle Bay Scrub

Battle Bay Scrub Member

Have the devs finally answered our prayers? :O

Attached Files:

14. Wishaal

Looks like it... But on the other hand that fixer had napalm. I'm curious about other screenshots where a fixer was first place.

15. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

The ranking is determind by stars first, and then damage. Its an aesthetic issue that was looked over by the devs

16. Battle Bay Scrub

Battle Bay Scrub Member

Wait how do stars and burn damage work? Does damage get counted for you when teammates have those "extra damage when on fire" perks?

17. Wishaal

I wish I knew the answer to that question. The admins will act like fire weapons don't do a thing... But I have just seen alot of screenshots where players with 3 stars and low damage all had fire bomb equipped.

So the star reward system does have a weird fetish for fire items... But I don't know what causes players with fire weapons to be ranked that high.

18. murius

murius New Member

I have never not received at least 1 star in a win even if i'm at the bottom. I think the make-up is whether you healed 1 player or 3 or all 5. I have received 3 stars and have been top performer and not even know why because all I did was heal except that maybe i kept all 5 of us afloat. I don't see a rewards difference when winning or losing but i do see a stars issue. I mean I would love to get 3 stars in every win so i can collect my box.

19. Miika

Miika Game Lead

On all tier fixers are gaining more than average contribution. The difference is not big but at least it's on the plus side for fixers currently. So no, fixers are not getting "shafted".

The players in the results list are not sorted by the contribution and that list does not represent any kind of "rank" that affects anything. It's sorted first by stars, and then by damage. This means fixers are pretty much always at the end of the list of those players which got the same amount of stars. But that does not mean anything as nothing depends on that rank.

Aamos likes this.
  20. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

As a recent Mk5 Fixer, I'm definitely thinking it's a bit of "sour grapes" from the lower-Mk Fixers. Certainly not innocent of this one myself, I was salty when I'd put in what I thought was a good showing and only get one star for it.

But now that I've hit Mk5, 6/10 of my last wins were two-star games, and I can feel how much more effective I am. When a teammate calls "Help" and I can respond by cramming four digits of HP back under their hull plating, that's something much more tangible than "well, I'll buff out the scratches, but it's going to take some time."