1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Evolving Epic Items to Tier 4

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Rusty Scupper, 17 Apr 2017.

1. Rusty Scupper

Rusty Scupper New Member

Hello Battle Bay Community,
    I have a question for everyone and would appreciate it if you could answer it with a reply below and your best explanation for why you feel that way. The question is the following:

How long would you estimate it takes a new player to evolve an EPIC CANNON or EPIC MORTAR to TIER 4 once they manage to get one? Perhaps you could also estimate the total hours needed as well.

The purpose of this question is to understand how the evolution timeframe works, because I really have no sense of how long it would take....and since I have some epic items now I was hoping to see how much time I will need to invest in the game to get one all the way to tier 4.

A BIG thanks to everyone!
    Rusty

Last edited: 17 Apr 2017
  2. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

A few months without pearls. Epics are... epic after all. A few minutes with pearls.

You are better off going for t4 or t5 rares initially, and just stockpile epics for later.

3. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

It should be noted that in those few months of playing you will also be leveling up your captains, getting more and more powerful items in general, and getting more skilled at strategies too. So, it's not like the fun doesn't start until u get ultimate weapons...

Focus less on getting ultimate weapons, and more on getting ultimate skillz and u will be happier. Nothing better than outplaying a higher tier boat with your skills and wits.

Elurien, Shadow Moon! and _devill like this.
  4. Rusty Scupper

Rusty Scupper New Member

Still, you have not answered the question....how much later? The question though, now I have realized, is flawed as every player plays different amounts of time (hours) each day. My bad....

Basically my realization has now been that perhaps this game is really only for hard-core gamers who like to play a lot of hours....I say this simply because once new players reach a certain high level of infamy based on their skills and talent, in the end, the only way for them to really push their ceiling seems to be by gettimg better epic tier weapons to be able to compete....and the time it takes to obtain them may be such a long time, and with so much grinding in between, that they will lose the love. Are my conclusions misguided here?

5. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

@Rusty Scupper actually the player can end up 50% skills 50% strong weapons/luck.this game really looks at your luck while you also need some strategy and skills
    If you want a epic t4 item.....For new players...I've been playing for almost half a year in this account and I only got strongest epic t3,I guess it should be about 10 months-1year unless u spent pearls for them

6. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

As P0rthos said,yes you should focus more on collecting items,and develop rare items since they're easier to evolve WHILE you also level up epic ones that u used

7. BEN

BEN Active Member

It depends on the resources you have. Like what Porthos said, if you have unlimited resources (pearls) then it would take you less than a day to get a T4 epic. That would be extremely costly though.

Rusty Scupper likes this.
  8. BEN

BEN Active Member

Do you already have all 4 epics of the same kind? What about the T4 crew talent needed? How many parts and cells do you have?

If your answer to question 1 is no, and you wont be spending money on pearls, then there really is no way of telling how long it will take to evolve your item to t4. It could take you any time between a month to a year, maybe even longer.

9. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I've just managed to get my epic grenade to T4. It takes forever, which is precisely 7 months.
    I actually have nothing else I can work on at the moment, being blocked from evolution by crew training on all of my other gear.
    Sugar isn't a problem for me, unless having too much is a problem. My sugar is always full and my quest list is always full of completed sugar quests.
    Once you get to T3 you'll notice a big shortage of epic nuts and bolts (parts not pieces, I think).
    Even if you are lucky enough to have more than 3 at a time in the shop it costs millions in gold to build up the 70 odd you'll need to go up one level. Unless you're truly dedicated to the grind you're optimistically looking at 2 levels up per week.
    I won't mention the power cells for evo;)

I'm with the lads upstairs.
    Start with rare items first and build your epics in the background until they're strong enough to use, you'll get far more joy.

10. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

I would agree because I am pretty sure that if you have a epic item compared to a tier two rare the rare is better anyway Same for uncommon and rares so if you start a new account going for uncommon tier 2 is not a bad idea, And for your question my guess is a LONG time. However I like fighting mk3 now with mk2 (going to be able to upgrade) soon it makes you feel so good when you get more damage then a mk 5 shooter with a mk 2 (totally wasn't a lagged out guy).

11. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Realizing this is an old thread, I'm wondering how many of you guys that were playing before the games' global release are still playing now.

In proper etiquette of staying on topic, I'll have anyone wondering about epic items know that I am safely at 3500 infamy without using any epic items, without a mk6, and without any teir 5 items.

So if you aren't spending pearls, just stick with rares until you get enough duplicates of an epic to make it worth your while.

12. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I'm still playing, and that grenade is still at T4 for now. For the next 2 days anyway:)

13. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

So about half a year between t4/t5. Awesome!