1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

An Idea to improve matchmaking system.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KilleWh4le, 7 Aug 2017.

?

Each ships get their own infmay

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. KilleWh4le

KilleWh4le Member

One of the reason why people are complaining about the matchmaking is that people bring up their infamy with their most dominant ship and try out their new baby ships with less powerful items. It really ruins the balance of the matchmaking and scare people from trying new ships and setups.
    So what I am suggesting is that give infamy to each ships seperately.(Shooter, Speeder, Enforcer, Defender and Fixer got their own infamy).
    Devs might need to change reward system for this but I think it will make match making much more balanced than what we have now.
    Feel free to criticize this idea I want to hear what you guys think.

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I've heard of this idea befoe but I don't feel it would be a good idea. Imagine you get a quest for "Destroy 3 ships" so you put a max epic big torpedo on your mk2 speeder and get it in a game. Lower levels would be seeing higher weapons from people who are wanting to bully. Then there would be a fleeting issue. We are fleeting with a friend and you guys really need a fixer. The fixer is too low infamy so you have to stick with the same boat. Players could use 1 boat to infamy tank and get their 75 stars a day easily with high level weapons then go to main boat when they want to play regular again. An interesting idea indeed but I feel it wouldn't work out.

I feel what does need to happen is stricter banning. Hardly anyone ifnot no one is being banned for infamy tanking and deliberately ruining the matches for other players.

3. KilleWh4le

KilleWh4le Member

If you play low mk ships with maxed out items, their infamy will go up. You might bully other players while climbing but once those ships get to where they belong there should be no problem.

For fleeting issue, if you can't play your new ship to the level of your infamy, it breaks the balance of matchmaking. (ex. Christmas plays speeder in the early season staying relatively low infamy and climbs very quickly with his shooter while making lots of unbalanced games). I am not saying it's Christmas's fault, it happens due to flawed system.

Not sure about what you mean by"Players could use 1 boat to infamy tank and get their 75 stars a day easily with high level weapons then go to main boat when they want to play regular again."
    How can you infamy tank with 1 boat when each ships have separate infamy?

4. Joey who

I leave my mk5 defender at 3k. And I leave my mk3 shooter at 1500-2k infamy. I could get my 75 stars and drop back down to where I started every day. And go back to playing on my main boat. I would be using high tier epics on mk3 for easy wins

5. KilleWh4le

KilleWh4le Member

You can't drop back down to where you started everyday (unless you sealclub).
    You can seal club in this system already. it's an separate issue and i'm not trying to solve seal clubbing here.

6. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

7. GoGoPop

GoGoPop New Member

I love this idea. Brawl Stars does this and it works. I love playing a new card/player when I get it. This would be the same for low mk boats. HOWEVER, something would have to be done about powerful weapons. Kind of a tough problem there. Perhaps hit point caps per mk level? Caps for mk 1 - mk 4. For example if I have a T5 epic or rare weapon and I put it on my mk 2 boat, it caps out at T2 damage or something. Mk 3 caps at T3, so on and so forth. The weapons should scale with the mk levels. In fact this should have been done like this from the beginning so people didn't whine so much about legendaries and those big spenders. Plus big spenders will still be top dog as they have max capped gear already.

On a side note, I don't think weapons should be scaled with infamy though as this is the whole point in playing a new boat (to go up and get better loot bonus). Plus it'll encourage people to upgrade more boats and in turn encourage more pearling.

In Clash of Clans I maxed my main base and got bored. The fun is in the grind, but the grind can't be mind numbing. So I started a new account and leveled it up. Years later I have 4 active accounts. Devs if you want this game to last take a proven concept and make it your own.

On that note...this game is getting stale....

P.S.--I wish I could tag Kitterini on this. She just said it in another post. Psh many have said it in one form or another on many posts.

Last edited: 8 Aug 2017
    KilleWh4le likes this.
  8. KilleWh4le

KilleWh4le Member

Great idea!!
    Weapon caps for mk is brilliant.

9. Joey who

This seems only a nerf to the free to play players that rely on high tier rares. While pay to win players could use low tier legendaries. Why give them more advantages.

Btw, you put infmay on poll xD

10. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

I agree and would love it.

Why do high tier weapons matter with this system? Why cap them at all? Wouldn't it all balance itself out in the end anyway? Just like a new player who buys a bunch of legendary weapons... he's in kiddie leagues for a bit, but quickly rises up.

or am I missing something?

As it stands right now, since I don't have gear to equip each boat right, 4/5 of this game is off limits to me unless I want to loose infamy massively.

11. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

I agree entirely. Separate infamy for each ship would be WONDERFUL! It would solve a LOT of issues. I also don't think there needs to be caps on weapons, as it'll only take a few games for those players with high mk weapons to climb out of the lower leagues. No different to seeing triple legendaries on a mk 3 shooter (which made my butt hurt a lot by the end of the match).

12. KilleWh4le

KilleWh4le Member

Yeah... it will balance itself out in the end ... like 2 years in this system? lol
    And why new players have to suffer playing unbalanced game for that long? Process is just as important as the result.
    Old Nightmare league players don't know how much pain new players are getting.

13. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Nah.
    Wont work.. will diminish an already dimished queue higher up and cause real pain down low.
    With my weapons and experience in say, a mk3 enforcer , id smash everthing. Ok, so "in time" id rise, but how about if everytime i get mad i go to my little ship and beat on noobs? Zero fun for them.

MM needs fixing and i think it should be gearscore based. WoW has done that for years, cant be hard.

14. KilleWh4le

KilleWh4le Member

lvl1 leg item is stronger than maxed out rare item.... it's too powerful for lower mk ships, which makes it harder to balance matchmaking.
    As I already said to P0rthos, process is just as important as the result. No matter how long it will take for those low mk with legendary item players are climbing up infamy ladder, they are ruining many games balance while going up to their limit.
    I can't stand the idea of 'It will balance itself' tbh.... that is a very irresponsible way of thinking for those casual or normal players sacrificed while those rich people climbing up.

15. KilleWh4le

KilleWh4le Member

if you get mad and go to your little ship and beat on noobs, that little ship's infamy will go up to where you and that ship belongs.

16. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

I am sure most of you have noticed that if you play over a couple hour period you get matched against or with the same players a lot. As much as I enjoy this game that tells me that there are not as many players in the 1500 n up infamy range as you would expect. Sure there are tons in the various leagues, but how many are still active. I like the idea of individual infamy for boats. Overall matchmaking does upset me at times, but Rovio can't help the fact that some high lvl setups are just piloted by players who just aren't very good. If you take many of these threads they are all pointing to one thing. Something needs to be done to keep new players interested. Newbies get burnt out way to fast trying to fight the slow uphill battle of upgrading. I'm sure the devs know this. I'm hoping for a massive update that will incorporate some of these thread ideas.

17. murius

murius New Member

I'm not sure how they will fix things as they are and i doubt they will make a major overhaul. The one thing they could change is people who 0 out whether you win or lose you get no gold/sugar - NO REWARDS!! As it stands i could play 10 games and just float and still get 40/50k in gold and 30/40k in sugar. Granted its not a lot but its something. Maybe getting nothing will prevent people from lowering their infamy by floating. I have only been in one game where the last guy wasn't floating but her was just driving around firing into the rocks :/ Per boat and restricting weapons based on level maybe hard. For one you now have to carry lower weapons in the bank. This would have been better if weapons were triggered by boat level. Mods would enhance the weapons but you couldn't equip higher mods on lower MK ships. The complexity of this game makes it hard for any scenario to be the right one. I mean you have to level your captains, weapons, ships plus look for good mods - too many variables to mesh together to ensure each team is balanced.

18. GoGoPop

GoGoPop New Member

I think people don't understand the problem.
    1. Not every ship is (readily) playable because of infamy earned on your higher ships is too much for lower ships and ship specific gear being crappy on the lower ships.
    2. Separate infamy per ship solves this, but the game is already too tough on newer casual players with no gear cap. I remember nearly quitting after seeing legendary after legendary at mk3 (it's one of the reasons I got a damn legendary).
    3. People quitting causes the player pool to dwindle and in turn will be less of an incentive to create separate infamy per boat.

So the takeaway should be that this game (and any viable mobile game) needs to be friendly to newbies to grow the player pool and keep the game alive for longer. Capping gear will even the playing fields and encourage newbies to play on. F2P players can't complain about it being unfair as ALL gear is capped. And it's not a nerf if your main boat and gear are left alone past mk5. All it is is gear scaling with mk ship level. Not that hard to understand. Like killewhale said this "it'll all work it's out" is stupid and doesn't address point #2. There may be a better solution, but they still have to address those basic problems. Just my 2 cents.

19. GoGoPop

GoGoPop New Member

So just for kicks I started playing my mk4 ships in 3k infamy league and people were yelling at me by saying "negative, negative, negative" in game (when they were teamed up with me multiple times). My gear is not THAT bad, but nowhere near where it should be for this league. Low health means I die in 2 shots. Two people friended me to yell at me and my shitty set-up like I was infamy diving. One was in Spanish lol. I think this proves the point of the thread.

20. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Thats a dick move tbh.
    Maybe one day you'll be one win off top 10, top 3 or even first and someone will come into your game with a low level ship.

Babablacksheep and Zangetsu like this.