1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Screen of Death after Ad Video

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by suncowiam, 9 Aug 2017.

1. suncowiam

suncowiam New Member

I read that this bug was opened before and it should be fixed.

However, I'm experiencing it now on my Samsung S7.

Please help fix. Ruins the continuity for me.

Thanks

Kingmarshy likes this.
  2. lucky2431

lucky2431 Member

Emm, u can buy vip and dont see ad video

3. suncowiam

suncowiam New Member

Or the game should not play ad videos to begin with until this bug is fixed?

Why should I spend my money on something I have not been able to enjoy?

Kingmarshy likes this.
  4. lucky2431

lucky2431 Member

I do not force you to pay, it's just one of the possible ways out of the situation

5. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    I think I have seen this issue on another game (dancing line). I would get a black screen after an ad played and I couldn't tap out of it unless I restarted the game. What I found to work was to tap the top right corner of the black screen. I think it's a visual glitch where there should be an "x" icon to exit the ad but it's doesn't show up, even though it's technically still there, you just can't see it. I'm not sure did this is the same issue but I thought I would just share my experience :)

6. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Is your Android fully up to date? I had crashes after every ad, after updating I haven't had a single one.

7. suncowiam

suncowiam New Member

I think this has to do with low memory.

Ok, no response from any mods or from support?

8. Captain Gilligan

If we had the same "black screen of death" then I would doubt it would be a memory problem. My phone has more than enough memory/ram/storage for the game. However, if it's a different problem then there are possibilities

9. suncowiam

suncowiam New Member

The phone might have much memory but the configuration of how much memory to allocate to a process/app/thread/vm and so on could be limited per OEM.
    What phone do you have?
    If it's happening after a video, then it seems like a resource allocation issue. Ads are usually third party APIs that developers might have little control over but still have to integrate into their memory foot print.

10. Captain Gilligan

Samsung Galaxy S8. 4GB of memory
    According to my average memory I am using 19% of the available memory available to the game.

But this question isn't about me, I was only saying that I might be able to relate as I saw the same problem in a different game