1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mines are overpowered.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by D3X, 3 Aug 2017.

1. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

If mines really are overpowered, wouldn't everybody use it at nightmare leugue?

2. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

If everyone could get what weapon they want to T5 is the question.

3. Wishaal

We have all seen those players armed with nothing but mines... How come those players never reach nightmare league with their so called overpowered mines? And how come they are almost always last place in their team while they are using those "overpowered" mines.

4. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

@Wishaal Like i said earlier. Is their Blastian maxed and have rare or epic perks, maxed t5? Are they using it properly, because weak and stupid players will never get to nightmare.

5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I'll admit that I haven't read the full 9 pages :)

Of the two 1 shotting weapons I find Big Torpedo to be much more disruptive -- Especially as a fixer that needs to aim backwards from time to time.
    Mines dropped into the middle of your friendly pack can be devastating yes, but it (like Big T) punishes lack of spacial awareness - If you are playing against Korfu you know that he will sneak in from behind and do his mine trick. Its amazing against people that fail to pay attention, but in other games its a wasted weapon slot. In my opinion mines seem fairly balanced atm, the ability to 1 shot is nice, but it requires an unlucky/unfocused opponent to do anything at all.

DragonLegend, Ultrah, D3X and 2 others like this.
  6. Wishaal

Even completely maxed out, best perks, all captains trained I still think you're just exaggerating about how mines are overpowered. Clearly we won't agree on this one.

7. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

All i have been stating are the facts not an exaggeration. Go figure out yourself how much damage a maxed epic with all the loaded captain levels and perk levels and see what they do. Then check out Legendary ones and then come to your own conclusion based on all the great benefits they have on my first post. Don't just blindly disagree with what i'm possibly saying because you personally don't think or care to research.

You don't have to agree, i honestly don't need your votes. I've had my heart set to start saving and collecting for one for awhile. See you in the Bay.

8. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Heres my idea to hopefully prevent chucking mines into groups of unfriends: Make the first 15 seconds or so after the mine is first planted a different color, such as red (and perhaps have it slowly ease into blue?). Its ridiculous to see players heaving mines over walls at long ranges, confusing the enemies into thinking that it is their own mine. So I'd say if we cant reduce the throw range this could be another solution?

9. Wishaal

I'll confess something... I haven't read the first 7 pages. But cmon, it's too much to read lol. I'd rather play some matches instead of reading a whole back'n'fort discussion, can you blame me for that:p

10. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I say make mines hurt both the players so they will use it strategically not just throw them around. Same goes for napalm firebomb and mortars too.

The Otherguy and Johnnieday like this.
  11. Johnnieday

Johnnieday Member

I agree on that !
    Mines are way too OP and need some serious nerf, the radius as well as the timer.
    Boxes only last for 60 seconds. Do the same for mines !
    5000 minimum damage, when everyone is spamming so you basically can't move anymore is not battling.
    It's being a sitting duck.

12. Battle Bay Scrub

Battle Bay Scrub Member

I didn't read the 9 pages lol but what exactly is the detonation range for mines? Is it the same as repair boxes?

13. Wishaal

Detonation range is 1, blast radius is 2

14. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Of course I can blame you for it. That's exactly my point, and you're wasting both yourself and my time for not reading! Not amused. :mad: Even Joey probably didn't read too much before his first reply(like the first post) and then back-peddled and read the rest after I called him out, and now he's understanding the problem more clearly. I wouldn't say he's in totally agreeing to the thread, but he's more open to it now.

Last edited: 8 Aug 2017
  15. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I guess it really depends on how and what ship is utilizing it. For a Fixer a Big Torpedo is definitely more useful as a defensive and offensive weapon. So from your perspective perhaps the mine isn't as effective of a weapon. I do see players like Elitist(who is by far more offensive for a fixer), AMUR all adopting mines for a fixer.

I'm almost seeing 1 mine kill a game(no, it's not me LOL), or at least 1 every 2 games with more and more players adopting a mine as part of their arsenal.

It's undeniable that Mines are game-changers, people often refer to this phrase all the time. Often than most, mines can cause major turning points in the game in situations like 2v1 or 3v1 when you thought the game was over for the single ship. That speaks volumes, I don't think there's many other weapons that can do that.

Last edited: 8 Aug 2017
  16. Wishaal

Big torpedo can be a game changer too.

17. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Beyond the point, what's this got to do with the Mines?

18. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

You mean Kofy? He just spams like crazy everywhere, there's no trick involved.

19. REDBIRDTHELEGEND

REDBIRDTHELEGEND Member

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 7.35.56 pm.png
    Yeah but they are a stationary tool, only if people run into it, then its a problem + they also make people mine camp

20. MOB BOSS

MOB BOSS Member

I can say without any doubt. The mines are over powered because of two things.

The ability to throw them as far as they are being thrown. Over walls especially. This makes no sense. on a few certain maps the ability to do this will sway the mine user chance of success by about 70-80%. I've seen entire teams lose half their health in a single second to this "strategy". I'm building mines to do exactly this.

And secondly. Not being able to detonate them with cannon fire or something. You can't even call mines out to team mates. I may see the mines coming over the walls... But saying negative isn't enough and all I can do is watch my poor team mates stumble into their deaths.

I have never played a game where mines can be used so offensively, and in the canarios I've mentioned it can be the most powerful offensive weapon in the game. Which is just silly for a mine.

Last edited: 9 Aug 2017
    TheCrisco and D3X like this.