1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I was robbed.. wtf

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Joey who, 8 Aug 2017.

1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

How did this guy steal my 2nd star?? He has no "extra contribution" weapons. All his weapons contribute with damage only...

NOTE: I understand the concept of extra contribution...

What is this??
    Screenshot_2017-08-08-15-46-08.png

2. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Haha, I was expecting something really extreme because of the title.

But this is weird indeed. Maybe he soaked up alot of damage? Or he dodged a respectable amount of shots... (Are things like that even registered tough?)

Anyway, I'm just as clueless as you are.

3. Pinecone

Pinecone Developer

Absolutely nothing wrong here. While damage is a big factor, contribution measures how much you helped the team win, not a simple damage counter.

4. Joey who

Maybe I went a lil overboard with the title... But this has me dumbfounded.. I can't be gettint loot penalty either. I am near my personal best infamy

5. Joey who

But those come down to frosting, burning and stunning enemies or is there something else we need to know? We should really be informed on how this system works it is very confusing.

Excism likes this.
  6. Pinecone

Pinecone Developer

No, they don't come down to that, there's way more to it.

Simple, do your best to win the game instead of trying to game the system for personal gain.

7. Joey who

I do. I will forever be confused. But thanks for clearing it up a bit

8. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

There is something strange going on in this topic... How come Pinecone hasn't got a single like yet? I'm 100% sure that those comments would have got several likes already if Miika, or another admin posted the exact same message as Pinecone just did.

Last edited: 8 Aug 2017
  9. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

As a fixer I have a really tough time seeing any logic in the amount of stars I recieve. Not so much that the average is too low, its more a complete disconnect between how crucial my healing was for the wins. So many wins with 1* where my effort was the crucial difference between Win/loss. But also those weird 3* games where I hardly do anything and where my team would have won regardless of my actions.

10. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2017-08-02-22-18-38.png I thought I'd made a fair contribution to this one, but I got singled out as the lowest. Not sure if my grenade fire adds the same sort of contribution as flare/firebomb but enemies were definitely damaged by cannons while on my fire. I'll never figure this system out..
    Here's a bit of Miika for you anyway @Wishaal;)

Wishaal likes this.
  11. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Stelmo, I guess one issue with the system is that you can't actually see how close you were to the others. It might have been that you got to like 1.95 stars worth with your contribution while the next one got to 2.05 and just over the threshold, and now you feel like everybody was twice as good as you. And rightfully so. However that definitely was not the case, all of you 4 were probably really close to each others.

12. Joey who

That is true but the thing is where could his extra contribution had come from? When he had all items that contribute with damage only

13. Miika

Miika Game Lead

I was talking about Stelmo's previous picture. In your case what Pinecone said is correct, there are many other factors in contributing than just damage or buffs. Usually the damage just forms the majority of it so you don't really realize there are other ways of contributing too.

Miathan likes this.
  14. Joey who

I didn't see "stelmo" at first my bad

15. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Well the same actually applied to you case too. :) You were just barely on the different sides of the 2 star threshold, so something very small turned it to his favor this time.

16. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Hahaha, I certainly don't feel like they were twice as good as me. When I do more damage than a shooter with all gold and epic 5 weapons I think I'm doing just fine:)
    You tore the bad guys up damn fast in that one though, great job man.

17. Joey who

I see. We were thin-ice close

18. Miika

Miika Game Lead

I play pretty aggressively so when I have a good compatible team which also likes to put pressure on the enemies it often ends in steamrolling them. However when it's a long range stakeout battle, wellll, somebody can probably next post a screenshot of me doing 0 damage with a two dozen missed long range blast cannon shots. :p It's all about team dynamics here. I constantly try to learn to adapt better to different type of teams to improve my WR.

19. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Don't confuse the community! You mean infamy, not win rate! ;-)

20. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Well, the only way to increase your infamy is to increase your winratio at this moment, until it finds it's new equilibrium at a higher level. :)

I don't personally care that much about losing/infamy as a number but I do get mad (at myself) every time get the feeling "Dammit, if I had only played better we would have won", which keeps me trying to improve the range of situations I manage to turn into victory But yeah, confusing and off topic. Sorry. ;)