1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Health bars

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jennyfur3810, 8 Aug 2017.

?

Should the game have a on screen health bar for teammates?

1. This would be great!

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. Maybe only for fixers

11 vote(s)
    35.5%
  3. No, just look around!

15 vote(s)
    48.4%
  1. Jennyfur3810

Jennyfur3810 Active Member

Are you a fixer tired of your team separating? Then you get a big pop up on the middle of the screen letting you know that you are now down a team member?

I think the game should try to squeeze health bars for all team players on the left side of the screen so you can know who needs you when they aren't in sight! just a suggestion, I know the screen is already pretty packed during battle but it would be great, especially for a fixer :)

Totoro likes this.
  2. Swarlos

Swarlos Member

I think you said it all, "the screen is already pretty packed during battle". Esp for us phone players... I'm a fixer too, but I think it isnt worth it. Id much rather have visibility :) Nice idea though

Ultrah likes this.
  3. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    I see where you are coming from, it could help a lot for fixers, but other ships wouldn't benefit as much. Maybe instead there could be a message in the corner saying that " <player_name> has 10% health left". Or maybe that would take up even more room

4. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

I reckon just having a toggle in the settings so you can turn it on or off at will would be great. Best of both worlds.

behumble, Epekka, SharkTank and 3 others like this.
  5. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    It would be great for fixers, and even better if you could toggle it off in UI settings and arrange it where you like.

Last edited: 8 Aug 2017
  6. Terminator 3.4x

Terminator 3.4x New Member

I feel the name of each player be bright at full health and each letter gets darkened as he takes hit and at last name gets blackened when he gets killed.
    Darkening of name depends on number of letters in name.

Totoro likes this.
  7. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

No in my opinion. It would only distract from what's happening in the game. I'd rather look around because then I don't just see the person who takes damage, but also what hits him and who fired it.

8. NightXO

NightXO Active Member

I'm against. Not everyone plays with tablets. And 5 icons with health bar will clearly interfere with the overview.

9. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I would like a bar (or an alert) that appears for a fixer when the teammates is below 15% HP

Totoro likes this.
  10. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I think a teammate with low health (perhaps <50%, or a configurable number?) calling "HELP" should cause something similar to an enemy highlight on the HUD - a little orange (similar to the SOS icon) arrow pointing to them around your boat. Default would be "only Fixers see this" but all players could enable it if they wanted the additional information.

This is similar to what games like TF2/Overwatch/etc with "healer" classes do; we don't have the screen space to have the icon be proportional in size/color/etc to the amount of life remaining, but a simple directional indicator can make a big difference when you're trying to figure out if you need to go to port, starboard, or full astern.

Totoro and Epekka like this.
  11. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Based on the written responses, I'd say even more people would support this if it was optional for fixers only, could be modified through the HUD and adopted one or more of the clever ideas proposed to take up minimum space on the screen.

Last edited: 8 Aug 2017
    Epekka and Jennyfur3810 like this.
  12. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

the alert could be in the in battle chat.
    e.g. <playername> is at <25/10>% health!

also, what @CaffeinatedChris said.

13. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Id like this, definitely a toggle option for fixers.
    That or players could go from green to yellow to orange to red on the dots map in the upper left corner.
    This would be for the friends and unfriends. You would know where the players are (instead of seeing they are low health and then having to look around and find them possibly wasting valuable healing to other team maters)
    This way ships could also know if an unfriend is trying to hide with low health (then the speeders can get them!)

Totoro likes this.
  14. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

That would be injustice for non-fixer team, fixer's additional visibility should be focused only to help friends when they need them.....

15. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

Very true. Plus, if you can't see a friend in need, you're like unable to help him anyway.

16. behumble

It wouldnt be for just fixers, the dots would change color for everyone.
    Therefore it would benefit both teams, because say if the fixer was low health and backed up, the other team could see it as well.
    If that seems to difficult of a gameplay, just have the dots change color on your own team.
    Either way they would need to be in visibility of someone on the team

17. behumble

Repair bolt can go a long ways, but id agree if the team mate is behind you its probably not worth it to turn around and heal him haha.